1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2011 Year to Date (Read 362 times)

Eternal Rookie

It isn’t pretty, but that link should take you to a chart showing these numbers

Athlete                          Run                 Bike

Allezallezallez              2.8                   45

BOWSER                   46.9                 418.4

Burglar11                    188                  234.2

Buzz 63                      247.5               440.2

Djdeary                       292.6               90

dtraitor                        121.3               300.5

easytiger                    154                  83.2

elpetay 24                   50.4                 0

Eternal Rookie            365.6               0

gmar4718                   334.5               391.6

JLM                             115.9               216.1

jules2                          247.7               617.3

Lizard-82                    23.9                 39.2

lostinthenet3               213.7               29.2

Mikeco                        316.6               0

Pace Bunny              248.2               248.2

Pfriese                       583.6               0

shadowrunner           315.7               0

stephgupton              275.5               0

westward13              349.3               0

xhristopher                855.8               101.1

zoom-zoom              236.3               709.6

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, Jules...so I am beating you on the bike, but you have me beat on the run (I'm not actually planning to hit 1000 on-foot, this year...but hope to hit 4500 on my bike).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

OK, finally I'm leading in overall miles. I knew I'd have to dust off the bike to do that and it will be short lived. Goal for April is twice as many bike miles as I rode in March and, though not a goal, I'll probably run half as many.

Since I can't find a duathlon that fits my schedule I'm about to sign up for a sprint triathlon in May. What I can't figure out is how it's going to go with zero prep in the swimming department. I mean, I don't drown and know how to move in a forward direction but I really don't know much about swimming. It's a pool swim and were supposed to seed ourselves based on our expected swim time. I know I'll but up there with the run and bike so I'm probably going to tell a fat lie for a decent seed on the swimming part so I'm not starting dead last out of the water. I did take swimming lessons through 4th grade. I also assume my knee length swim trunks won't be a good idea either. It's going to be good comedy.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It really sucks that there aren't more dus.  Seems like it would be relatively easy for tris to allow runners to do the run leg 2x, instead of the swim leg.  I'd do a lot more dus if they existed.  As it is we had one that used to be a tri and du, but now is just a tri.  Poo.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

It really sucks that there aren't more dus.  Seems like it would be relatively easy for tris to allow runners to do the run leg 2x, instead of the swim leg.  I'd do a lot more dus if they existed.  As it is we had one that used to be a tri and du, but now is just a tri.  Poo.

Especially since they do that aquabike thing. Most dus around here seem to be either in early spring or fall. Pickings are almost nonexistent in the summer, which is tri season.

jules2

Especially since they do that aquabike thing. Most dus around here seem to be either in early spring or fall. Pickings are almost nonexistent in the summer, which is tri season.

Its the same this side of the pond but we do have plenty, I could do around 10 / 15 within a reasonable drive.

I'm thinking of having a crack at this one in September,

http://www.thelondonduathlon.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=17

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Its the same this side of the pond but we do have plenty, I could do around 10 / 15 within a reasonable drive.

I'm thinking of having a crack at this one in September,

http://www.thelondonduathlon.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=17

Holy shit...I wouldn't even make the cut-offs for that event...that looks hardcore!

I'd love to do the Muncie Powerman Du, someday.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Holy shit...I wouldn't even make the cut-offs for that event...that looks hardcore!

I'd love to do the Muncie Powerman Du, someday.

I think I can can live with the cut off's.

I did 1:32:00 Sunday for a Half Marathon ( which is 21K ) and I'd plan on running the first run leg in say 1:35:00 to keep something in hand for the bike.

I'm not so good on the bike and have only done Time Trials up to 25 miles but 3:00 / 3:10 hours would be realistic if I train enough.  I've done the course before ( but not so many laps ) and there's only one steep hill.

As for the second run, its "only 10K" and I'm always quicker then the rest of my Age Group on the second run.  I'll be so screwed up by then I won't notice the pain anyway.

I've qualified for the GB Team in the World Championships in Spain in September but its a hassle getting there and costs a bomb so I have a couple of weeks to make my mind up which event to do.

Whats the weather like in Muncie in October?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whats the weather like in Muncie in October?

Early Oct. in Muncie...would be a hair warmer than in Michigan in early Oct.  Hmmm...probably around 50F at race start...looks like average high is about 70.  Not bad!

~ Sarah Kay

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I think I can can live with the cut off's.

I did 1:32:00 Sunday for a Half Marathon ( which is 21K ) and I'd plan on running the first run leg in say 1:35:00 to keep something in hand for the bike.

That's a nice half time. With your bike times not much over the stated average times you should do great in this. With this being in September that's a lot of time to bring the bike averages down.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

On June 26th I've got a multi sport event I'm signed up for. 17 mile Mt bike, 46 mile road bike, 12 mile kayak, and a 18.4 mile run. Around here we have had rain for what seems like forever. Makes getting out for a bike ride really miserable. That's where my downfall will be. Here's my event I'm looking at.

http://www.mountainstosound.com/index.php

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Ok, Jules...so I am beating you on the bike, but you have me beat on the run (I'm not actually planning to hit 1000 on-foot, this year...but hope to hit 4500 on my bike).

Hats off to you for being able to do all your miles on the nowhere bike. Your weather is as bad as ours and to ride inside takes a lot.

jules2

For the second year running we have had a really bad Winter but suddenly the weather has changed and its more like May than early April.

My bike club is having a competition where you get 10 points for a 100k ride and 15 for a 150k ride but you have to do at least one ride of over a 100k per month so far there are 11 of us left

So far the leader is on 170 points and I'm on 40 but the suns out and its time to shave my legs and get seriousBig grin

Buzz, I like the idea of your multi event as it does not involve swimming unless of course you sink, how do you train for it?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

17 mile Mt bike, 46 mile road bike, 12 mile kayak, and a 18.4 mile run.

Damn...that sounds about on-par with an IM.

~ Sarah Kay