1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2.9 (Read 367 times)

*tapping foot impatiently*....... Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Do I have a stalker? tonights the night I already have the 1000 mile finishing tape across the drive.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

pfriese

I hope to finish off that pace bunny tonightalso. Nice going Jules.

jules2

Made it!1001.90 miles but on the majority of my runs I don't count the first 200 / 300 yards of most routes to allow me to warm up so even allowing a margin for error I am into four figures. In the last three months I have done 412 miles but due to injury my previous mileages were 438 ( 2007) 594 ( 2006). Also got over 2600 on the bike but don't know the exact figure as I haven't updated the log for the last couple of weeks. How you doing pfriese?

pfriese

Jules, Just waiting to get off work. Beautiful day for a bike ride here, so really looking forward to this evenings ride. Paul

jules2

Jules, Just waiting to get off work. Beautiful day for a bike ride here, so really looking forward to this evenings ride. Paul
              Lucky you its hovering around freezing here and is dark when I cycle into work and dark when I cycle back. One of the reasons I took up running was that it looked more fun than cycling in the Winter. Just updated my cycling I am at 2579.

pfriese

All DONE with the bike miles. 1000.6 miles for the year. I'll get a few more running miles in and should finish with close to 1850 miles running. Weather here has been cold for us, but the last week has been great with temps around 60-70F degrees. All of my bike riding this year has been with youngest daughter. She wants to ride 2000 miles next year. Maybe a 2000 mile running/2000 mile biking year for me? Have a great 2009. Paul
                  AWESOME JOB, Jules and Paul!!!! I am so happy for both you - congrats!!!! MTA: checked my stats for 2007 - bike x 34 = 186.7 miles Blush run x 259 = 775.4 miles 2008: bike x 60 = 564.4 miles run x 254 = 978.6 both years lost 12 weeks to injuries - so I'm pretty pleased with my progress. 2009 - no injuries for me, and while I don't think I'll get up to 1000 biking, I hope to increase those miles and I will pass 1000 running Big grin Happy New Year, everyone!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Made it!1001.90 miles...
                    All DONE with the bike miles. 1000.6 miles for the year. I'll get a few more running miles in and should finish with close to 1850 miles running...
                    Nice job guys!! Big grin
                    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
                    1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Way to go everyone. I see some of you have been working hard this last month. I will have to wait for next year to reach the goals. I didn't plan on the kids being out of school the last two weeks of the year on winter break. I didn't plan on snow for a whole week either. Three weeks lost in December equals 725 bike miles for the year. It still beats last years miles by about 700. Maybe an indoor trainer for next year.

jules2

Maybe an indoor trainer for next year. Believe me I have one and its for emergency use only!

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I really don't like the idea of using one, but if I have to be home with the kids at least I could be riding.

jules2

There are advantages, I have fixed a stand up so I can read a book if I'm not going too fast. Also there is no freewheeling so you have to work all the while. Plus you can measure progress as there are no variables unlike on the road. You will also need a fan as you won't believe how hot you can get I often leave a pool of sweat on the floor. Finally you must not sweat onto your bike as the salt will corrode it. Last Winter Maurice who has lived across the road for 25 years came to see me and Mrs Jules pointed him towards the garage. It was in the early evening and freezing cold he walked in the garage and the last thing he expected was the sight of me standing there sweating with just a pair of cycling shorts on as I had just finished. To say the least he was surprised!