1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

How was your run? Tell us about it... (Read 296 times)

My bike is my therapist

Some one else will have to start this one. And it doesn't have to be a race. Anything unique happen during a run...let us know.
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers

......I just wish I had my camera - 

this time I did

the picture looking down O'Malley was where I turned off the last time, this time I kept going and made it through all of Hillside Road. Still didn't make it all the way around, but covered the toughest 8 miles and was really happy with that! I had another 4+ miles to finish the loop, but after that last steep decline, my right leg was complaining and I didn't see the point in pushing it and risking an injury. Although this was only my 2nd attempt at this route, it just didn't seem as bad as the last time and I was able to run much more of the hills - probably helped that I was stopping to take pictures along the way . I never get tired of the views and still find it amazing that I get to enjoy this kind of scenery just running on neighborhood streets.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

YIKES!  loss of fitness, sick for a month, easy running. Then show me a graph like that!!

I'd say you haven't lost much. Or you got it back real quick!

I'll have to agree on not running 4.5 miles down that hill. That would kill me.

Is that a MotionBased graph? It's an awesome site. I like charts and graphs.

"Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers
          yes, MB graph - I find the elevation to be a little more accurate. I was surprised that I wasn't sore today - I really expected that I would be - after I got home, my muscles were twitching. I was impressed with the bikers I saw - I can't imagine attempting that climb on a bike, but it sure would be fun to fly on the way down!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group