1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Time to bike (Read 302 times)

Morning all. Just wanted to share the results of my MRI. As it turns out, I've torn off a piece of cartilage about the size of a dime in my right knee (not the meniscus but actually from the femur if I'm not mistaken). I'll need an arthroscopy to remove the piece of cartilage that's floating around in my knee and will find out in a couple of weeks what procedures are available to repair/strengthen the area that's now missing a chunk of cartilage. Dead On a positive note, I was given the green light to ride the bike so it looks like my focus will be shifting in the near future... but not before I go on vacation next week. Cool

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I always wonder how something like that happens. Do you remember doing something that might have caused this? I hate getting an injury when you can't put a finger on what the cause may be. On a possitive note, at least you still have the bike. How long on a healing time?
        sorry to hear that, at least I have heard from several people who have had arthroscopic surgery, that they have been good to go after. Yay to being cleared to bike Smile So - where are you going on vacation? I am leaving on Tuesday - heading to Toronto to visit family.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Thanks, Chenille. My wife and I are taking a Royal Caribbean cruise next week. Definitely looking forward to that! Big grin That's cool that you're heading on a trip as well.
            Chris - watch out for those calories!!!!! The food abounds and it is good Wink I went on a family cruise once, and while I really enjoyed it once, I'm not sure I'd want to do it again. I'm leaving in the morning - see you in 2 weeks. Happy and injury-free running and biking to all Smile MTA: looking forward to finally getting my bike off the trainer when I get home Cool

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group