1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

The numbers thru November (Read 261 times)

Eternal Rookie

With one month to go.

Chart with 1000 as the max

And the actual numbers:

Run

Bike

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Zoom, Zoom you just have your nose ahead by 18 miles running and 103 cycling, listen carefully and you will hear me catching you up.

I have a half marathon next weekend but I think its going to be cancelled due to the weather.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just ran the Vegas HM, today.  I hope when I get home to do some miles on the nowhere bike the next day...but right now I feel like ass from severe lack of sleep and all the cigarette smoke everywhere.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I see that Zoomy has "graduated" this month and Jules needs to run only 17 miles a day (on top of the 4.7 he already ran today) for the next three days to "graduate" himself.

Go Zoomy! Go Jules!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Is it bad that I don't plan to run again until 11?

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

I see that Zoomy has "graduated" this month and Jules needs to run only 17 miles a day (on top of the 4.7 he already ran today) for the next three days to "graduate" himself.

Go Zoomy! Go Jules!

I'm afraid a combination of a bad cold, knee injury and the worst December weather ever recorded meant I didn't quite make my running mileage.

I don't record the first half mile or so of a lot of the runs I do to stop me starting the run too quickly but that's life.

Its still been a good year capped by the fact that I qualified and competed for the British Team in the World Duathlon Championships.

My feeling is that quality miles not quantity is what really counts.

This year I'm thinking of only running three times a week but still aiming to exceed 100 miles, who else is going for it in 2011?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xhristopher

I'm afraid a combination of a bad cold, knee injury and the worst December weather ever recorded meant I didn't quite make my running mileage.

I don't record the first half mile or so of a lot of the runs I do to stop me starting the run too quickly but that's life.

Its still been a good year capped by the fact that I qualified and competed for the British Team in the World Duathlon Championships.

My feeling is that quality miles not quantity is what really counts.

This year I'm thinking of only running three times a week but still aiming to exceed 100 miles, who else is going for it in 2011?

It's all good. I'll trade results for quantity any day.

I'm going for it again in 11. I probably won't really get many bike miles until May so having this goal will be good. Plus, I wouldn't consider 1000 miles on the bike much for quantity anyway.

xhristopher

Thanks! Is it bad that I don't plan to run again until 11?

That was horrible! It's going to take ages to get back to where you were.Wink

Eternal Rookie

My last 2 months feel apart as well. Then again,  I never did get on the bike this year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You aren't joking!  I think that's about the coolest thing ever.  I wish duathlons were a bigger deal around here.  I'd love to see something like that.  I did find a race series a few hours away (in Indiana) that offers an olympic du as well as a long course 10k-60k-10k race.  I would love to try those.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That was horrible! It's going to take ages to get back to where you were.Wink

You know, it's funny...I do sorta feel like I've lost fitness.  My last few months have been <100 miles/month and anything longer than 6 miles or so is feeling post-run like 10+ milers usually do.

I don't think I'm going to shoot for 100 mile months this year, though.  Probably closer to 80.  I want to not feel like I'm sacrificing bike time for runs, since I prefer biking and more biking beats me up a LOT less than more running...which should leave me more eager to do speed work for both sports.

~ Sarah Kay