1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

Eternal Rookie

Wow, I feel bad. Somebody was running in my neck of the woods last month and I didn’t even know it. Good to know that you weren’t a victim of any Monkey attacks. Hit my 1000 running today. 1000 on the bike is still possible, but doubtful as I’m thinking about doing another marathon in early January and feel that foot miles are more important than ones in the saddle.
      Me too Sad I didn't realize you were in Nashville. I envy you being able to run and ride in that park - well, only some of the time Wink Congrats on the 1000 miles running!! Where are you running your January marathon? Jules...fell race report??????

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Stunning day, it was minus 6C when we started but the sun was out. The event we did it was orienteering on a grand scale so you picked your own route but had to find check points. We were doing fine until Paulo my team mate suggested an alternative route and we wasted time looking for a check point we would have hit first time had I had my way. Also I took it easy from the start as we had 3 1/4 hours but Paulo began to suffer ( the poor sod is only 14 years younger than me ! ) so we finished 74 out of 127. But such is life Paulo is colour ( color ) blind so he would have problems competing solo. Only did 15 miles but it was hilly and a lot was XC and I felt so good I ran the next day which isn’t bad as I haven’t run over 2 hours for getting on for 30 years. This is the next big event I’m in so no excuses next time as I’m on my own. http://www.bowline.f9.co.uk/CharnwoodRace/CharnwoodRaceEntry2009.htm

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Eternal Rookie

Me too Sad I didn't realize you were in Nashville. I envy you being able to run and ride in that park - well, only some of the time Wink Congrats on the 1000 miles running!! Where are you running your January marathon? Jules...fell race report??????
          I think training on the course gives the locals a huge advantage  First Light in Mobile Alabama. Haven’t committed to it yet, but ready for another one. I want to see what a flat course is like…
            http://www.bowline.f9.co.uk/CharnwoodRace/CharnwoodRaceEntry2009.htm
            Glad it was a nice day! I see you chose the hardest race you could find for your next challenge... I love the line "If you can get to the start line, the race will be run..." Do you have to conquer obstacles just to get to the start Tongue Good luck! Jules, you really are crazy....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

I think training on the course gives the locals a huge advantage  First Light in Mobile Alabama. Haven’t committed to it yet, but ready for another one. I want to see what a flat course is like…
              Was the Monkey your first marathon? How did you do? Lucky for me, I had plenty of monkeyesque hills to train on - but I never ran them all at once Big grin I"m excited for you - to see what you can do with less hills! Good luck!

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Eternal Rookie

Sort of. I ran a marathon in July of 1976 in between the track and cross country seasons on very little mileage. Later I ran marathons on the end of a couple of Ironmans in ’88 and ’90 in Hawaii and New Zealand, but nothing since then until last year when I ran the Monkey in 3:40 on less than 25 miles a week. I was going to shoot for 3:30 this year, but pulled a hamstring at a 5k two weeks before, so I back off and came in at 3:47:50. I mainly train for the 5k but find myself injured a lot from pushing it and not doing strengthening and stretching. I never learn, hence the name Eternal Rookie. I’m going to try to do better next year. Wink
                  Sort of. I ran a marathon in July of 1976 in between the track and cross country seasons on very little mileage. Later I ran marathons on the end of a couple of Ironmans in ’88 and ’90 in Hawaii and New Zealand, but nothing since then until last year when I ran the Monkey in 3:40 on less than 25 miles a week. I was going to shoot for 3:30 this year, but pulled a hamstring at a 5k two weeks before, so I back off and came in at 3:47:50. I mainly train for the 5k but find myself injured a lot from pushing it and not doing strengthening and stretching. I never learn, hence the name Eternal Rookie. I’m going to try to do better next year. Wink
                  Damn!!!!! Ummm, marathons tacked on to the end of Ironmans in Hawaii and NZ???? Not exactly flatland running... It will be interesting to see what you are capable of on a fast course, and when you're fresh.. fingers crossed that the hamstring is just a minor blip on your schedule Smile

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille, are you going to hit 1000 this year? you are at 948 and I'm 10 miles behind at 938 so touch wood I will do it altough I should imagine I have better weather than you

Chenille, are you going to hit 1000 this year? you are at 948 and I'm 10 miles behind at 938 so touch wood I will do it altough I should imagine I have better weather than you
                      Sigh - so close...but I promised myself I would not chase it this year. Next week I start a very slow build up and want to average around 30/week. I've had bad luck with winter running - so doing most of my runs at an indoor track - just shootin for 1 low mileage run/week outside. I am impressed with you reaching that goal! You lost a lot of time to injury - what are you shooting for in 2009?

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

jules2

At my age to still be breathing on 31 December 2009 and ( fingers crossed ) on the 14 March 2009 I will be on the starting line of the Hague half marathon as a member of a Dutch Civil Service Team ( don't ask ) this is on the world record course ( 58.35 I think from memory) and we get a start just behind the elites so I want a sub 1.27.00. Plus 1500 miles for the year. If I get a Half PB I'm thinking of moving up to fulls and trying to qualify for the London Marathon 2010 on age group time rather than the lottery.