1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Major setback... (Read 413 times)

so glad to hear you are feeling better Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

so glad to hear you are feeling better Smile
      Thanks Smile I've managed a few 30 min sessions on the fluid trainer lately without problems. Its difficult keeping the pace down. This is really testing my patience. Sad I have to keep focusing on the long term goal. I plan to increase my time on the trainer bit by bit and be ready for the Sun morning group ride on the 18th. It's usually an easy pace and the route isn't very hilly. Smile Follow up with the Doc on the 21st and try to start some short easy runs after that. Big grin
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers
        Hang in there, Croyden - patience is hard when you are starting to feel better Black eye Sounds like you are making great progress! How long will the group ride be? Bet your feet are itching Wink At least the weather should be great once you are ready to run Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Thanks for the support Chenille. Smile I'm pulling back on the reins. So far things have been going great. The group ride this Sun is usually about 20 miles and we get started at 7am. Sometimes we mix it up and do more. 20 gives those with other things to do that morning time. I usually ride to the start which adds about 5 miles and most of us go to Panera Bread for bagels afterwards. Big grin Todays ride on the trainer went well. While watching the Giro d'Italia on the internet I did 15 miles at 17. Didn't feel like I needed to stop but I'm trying to be patient Undecided and the race was finished. So looking forward to getting back into running. Smile The bunny will be hard to catch but I won't let that bother me. He'll be looking at the bottom of my Asics next year. Big grin
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

All is well. Smile Rode with the regular group Sunday morning and on my own Monday. Felt great to get on the road again. We finished Sundays ride at Panera Bread. I love that place. Mondays ride was interrupted by a pinch flat about half way through the ride. UndecidedLooks like I caught a rock just the wrong way. A little sore after Mondays ride. The extra effort of riding without a paceline worked on me. Wink Well, its build the miles back up from here. Big grin
            5000 Mile Club
            Half Marathon Trainers
              Great news!!!!! Thanks for the update. I think I am also fully recovered - yay!!!!!! Still planning on taking it pretty easy, but it feels so good to be running consistently again. Now if I can just figure out how to get my bike ready to ride outside....I know I put that rear tire in the garage....somewhere Big grin Hey - your new avitar is very cool Smile paceline? is that where you take turns leading/drafting ?

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

... it feels so good to be running consistently again.
                And you are. Good going. Smile
                paceline? is that where you take turns leading/drafting ?
                Yes. On a bike you spend a most of you energy fighting wind resistance. In a paceline (drafting) your using about 20% less energy as the second in line and almost 30% as the third. Big grin 50 miles with a group is much easier and faster than alone. Here is something interesting Mythbusters did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjDGjQ14Sjo Speaking of avitars, are you planning to log miles on that bike! Surprised You might get some complaints... Cool avitar Wink
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers
                  Here is something interesting Mythbusters did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjDGjQ14Sjo
                  that was cool! I love watching Mythbusters Yes
                  Speaking of avitars, are you planning to log miles on that bike! Surprised You might get some complaints... Cool avitar Wink
                  Ha! Wish I could -but I'm a fraud.... No.....that's my brother's bike, it was all I could do to get on it, let alone try to ride it Big grin

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

After a couple of two mile sessions at the gravel track I feel like I'm back to my old self. Big grin I'll need another dose of patience to keep from building running miles too fast. Wink It just feels good to be running again Chenille, That is an awesome avatar!!! Everybody talks of doing Caribbean cruises. Give me an Alaskan cruise any day. Big grin
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers
                      After a couple of two mile sessions at the gravel track I feel like I'm back to my old self. Big grin I'll need another dose of patience to keep from building running miles too fast. Wink It just feels good to be running again Chenille, That is an awesome avatar!!! Everybody talks of doing Caribbean cruises. Give me an Alaskan cruise any day. Big grin
                      Awesome news about getting back to running! and, just doing my part to help the Alaskan ecomomy Wink Gas prices are up to 3.299 Dead

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group