1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Welcome! (Read 535 times)

Bugs

Thanks. Ah, guess I need to buy a bike if I'm going to stay. I have a comfort bike but it goes "cling-la-cling" and have been advised to not race with it. I'm currently in a spin class; hate that I don't know how many miles we biked. I really try to keep the biking at a moderate to easy level, but seems to always kill my legs for a good day or two. How do you guys schedule your biking and running?

Bugs

Just wanted to welcome our newest members... Buzz 63, hokieesq, gskott and elpetay! Big grin Looks like hokieesq is gonna give you a run for your money in the biking portion, Croydon!

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Thank you. I kind of snuck in here a couple weeks back. I don't know if I can make the bike mileage this year, but I'll sure give it a go. Last years total was only around the 50 mile mark. I think my highest bike total for a year was 675 miles 2 years ago. So this is a long shot for me.
          Hi to all the new members Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Thank you. I kind of snuck in here a couple weeks back. I don't know if I can make the bike mileage this year, but I'll sure give it a go. Last years total was only around the 50 mile mark. I think my highest bike total for a year was 675 miles 2 years ago. So this is a long shot for me.
            I hear ya about the bike mileage. The most I've ever biked in a year was 430 miles so this might prove to be a challenge for me as well. Figured the training group might help keep me motivated. Big grin

My bike is my therapist

...Figured the training group might help keep me motivated. Big grin
              Big grinMOTIVATION Big grin, That's what we're here for. If you guys will help me tie my shoes more often, I'll help you stomp a few pedals. On that note I did an easy seven today and have run five times in the last three weeks. Hey...you have to eat the elephant one bite at a time. Wink
              "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
              1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
              5000 Mile Club
              Half Marathon Trainers
              Carl A

Hi! I'm new here. I like to run, bike, and swim, but all of my races so far have been running. My Peugeot bike was top of the line in like 1985, so I got it for nothing. It's a great commuter bike, though--fenders, generator lights, the works! Carl

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

jules2

Welcome aboard there aren't many of us but all you have to do is brush up on your cycling!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Hi Carl, welcome!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Carl A

Thanks for the welcome!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

jules2

Remember on the 1st we all start with a clean sheet.

Remember on the 1st we all start with a clean sheet.
                          speak for yourself, my sheets are clean more than just once a year Tongue

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

jules2

speak for yourself, my sheets are clean more than just once a year Tongue
                            I should be so lucky you know what they say about Britain a 17th century class system and a 16th century sanitation system.

I should be so lucky you know what they say about Britain a 17th century class system and a 16th century sanitation system.
                              Big grin Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Christmas to you, Jules Smile

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group