1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Year-To-Date Totals (Read 1084 times)

Here's the site I threw together that will allow us to see our year-to-date totals for both running and biking. Let me know what you think of the site. I'm open to feedback as to how often you'd like to see the site updated, any additional things you'd like to see added (stats, links, etc). http://www.freewebs.com/westward242/index.htm
      nice job - thanks!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Great job Chris. As far as updates and extras, I'm leaving that up to you. Basically whatever you have time for. I like seeing how we are doing as a group and where that @#$& bunny is. As for the biking, I'll probably do a lot more than 1000 miles this year. I signed up with the group because of the common interest in biking and running and I need motivation in the running department. I really don't mind not tracking my biking. I'll leave that up to the group. On other groups it doesn't sit well when someone signs up for a 1000 miles and they typically do 30-40 miles a week loading up the top of the list. Thanks again for the tracking site.
        "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers
          Thanks. I'm glad you guys like the site. Don't worry about your bike miles. I can't speak for everyone but since I created the group, I'm confident in saying that it's totally cool if you do 5000 miles on the bike this year and sit at the very top of the list. As long as being a member of the group helps motivate you, you're in the right place. If all goes well once the weather gets nicer, I'm hoping to log a lot more than 1000 miles on the bike this year as well. Since it's new to me, I figured I'd start with a conservative goal, though.
          pfriese

I also hope to do much more than a 1000 miles on the bike this year. This weather has really cut into the miles on the bike (in fact no miles this year, yet). Hoping for a warm spell in the next couple of weeks to get out riding though. I'm not worried about giving the rabbit a head start on the bike miles. Paul

My bike is my therapist

...This weather has really cut into the miles on the bike (in fact no miles this year, yet)... I'm not worried about giving the rabbit a head start on the bike miles. Paul
              Hi Paul. I can sympathize on the weather. In the last week my wheels have rotated 80 miles but I didn't get anywhere. Today was the first day its been ridable without pain and suffering and this morning started off with pea soup fog. Looks like you have a good jump on the running bunny though. Keep it up.
              5000 Mile Club
              Half Marathon Trainers
                The first month of the year is coming to a close. I'll update the site with the January totals on Friday to give everyone a chance to enter their workouts into their log on Thursday.
                  I have not been able to exercise for a week and a half due to walking pneumonia, but I hope to test it out and get back on track later today. I also have a mountain bike trip scheduled in Moab in the middle of April...can't wait!
                    Stats have been updated through the end of January. I hope you're feeling better soon, Craneium.
                      Congrats, Chris! The only one ahead of the pace bunny in both categories - awesome Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Stats have been updated through the end of January.
                        Good job Chris, thanks for your time. Glad someone is whipping that bunny!! Smile I need to lace my running shoes more often. Undecided
                        5000 Mile Club
                        Half Marathon Trainers
                          Good job Chris, thanks for your time. Glad someone is whipping that bunny!! Smile I need to lace my running shoes more often. Undecided
                          Good idea - especially since that PB's back is criss-crossed with your tire tracks Tongue

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

Nice...Now I need to start running and biking and I'll be good.

My bike is my therapist

Good idea - especially since that PB's back is criss-crossed with your tire tracks Tongue
                              Make a deal with ya. Trade some of my bike miles for running miles, say...5 to 1. Wink Big grin
                              5000 Mile Club
                              Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Just found this group as mainly use the "masters" count me in. Westward I assume you can just download my mileages of do you need me to send them? My bike miles show in cross training Do I get leverage for Mountain Bike miles as they are far harder than road one ? don't panic its only a joke.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.