Pace Bunny           330      330

pfriese                     690          0

shadowrunner         325        48

stephgupton            363        82

westward13            349          0

xhristopher            1026      174

zoom-zoom            312    1021

jules2

Firstly thank you Eternal Rookie for the update.

Well done Zoom Zoom, I thought I'd overhaul you on the bike but I didn't, as I see it I have 18 miles more in total than youSmile

So what's it going to be like at the end of May? place your bets nowEvil

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So what's it going to be like at the end of May? place your bets nowEvil

Spring has finally sprung in MI...and I'm hoping to start logging some 100+ mile weeks, just sayin'.  Today I ran/biked a duathlon and then rode an additional 24, so I am up to almost 42 biked miles for the week and >7 on-foot.  You'd better catch up! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Zoom Zoom, if you were able to ride 24 miles after a duathlon you didn't race hard enoughClown

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom Zoom, if you were able to ride 24 miles after a duathlon you didn't race hard enoughClown

Oh, I raced hard enough, all right (1.5mph faster than last year on the bike, first run leg was a 1 second PR...but I crashed by the last run leg).  Hard enough to have intermittent cramps in my right foot and calf during the race and for the rest of the day.  As much as I hate cold, I don't have these problems during cold races.  Sweat and my muscles are not friends.  My shoes are also too narrow and I have a wider pair on order (Louis Garneau men's vs. my current Sidi women's.  I wish our LBS friend had not talked me into the Sidis--my feet are FAR too wide for those sleek things).

That was the longest 24 miles ever.  By about 6 miles in I was really regretting it.  Luckily I was with a group of people who have done next-to-no biking since Fall.  So the pace was WAY slower than my typical easy pace (not like I could have gone faster if I'd tried, heh).

Today I feel like I lost a fight.  I have never felt this crappy the day after a race...not even after all 3 disastrous marathons.  Even my hammies hurt (from riding in the drops a lot..?).

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Yes, pacing is a problem, I tend to ease off on the bike leg ( maybe too much ) which is why I have been the fastest in the second run twice this year.

Do you have tri bars?

xhristopher

Do you have tri bars?

I tried to talk her into them recently. Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I tried to talk her into them recently. Wink

Big grin Yesterday was really windy, though.  At least half of the race was with a strong and gusty cross-wind, so I don't know that I would have wanted them, then.

I'm not sure I have room for clip-ons, either.  I have either 38 or 40cm bars.  I've got really narrow shoulders.  My friend who was 3rd fastest female was on a CX bike with slick tires and no tri bars...I just need to bike more! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

On my road bike I have a pair of cheap Profile bars but not set up to an extreme position, they are well worth considering as they do cut a lot of time off.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any idea what might offer enough room to attach?  I'd want something relatively easy to take on and off, since I don't do a ton of races...most of my miles are solo or in pacelines, where I definitely wouldn't use them and would probably not want them on the bike.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

On my road bike I have a pair of cheap Profile bars but not set up to an extreme position, they are well worth considering as they do cut a lot of time off.

That's kinda what I said too. Wink

Any idea what might offer enough room to attach?  I'd want something relatively easy to take on and off, since I don't do a ton of races...most of my miles are solo or in pacelines, where I definitely wouldn't use them and would probably not want them on the bike.

I would think your lbs has a (financial) interest to help. I've left mine on for months on end. They don't really get in your way. You can ride a in a paceline. Just don't use them. You will have to take them off if you want to jump into a crit.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You freakin' enablers...I asked around and it sounds like these are the bars I'd want.  Apparently they are specifically for use on bikes with standard road geometry.  I think they'd be useful on the trainer during the Winter, too.  I always wish I had a way to rest my elbows as I pedal along for boring hours indoors.  I think they'd be nice during centuries, too...just for a variety of hand/arm/upper body positioning.

I guess I know what to ask for for mother's day! Tongue  Some girls want jewelry and flowers...I want aero bars! Cool

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

You freakin' enablers...I asked around and it sounds like these are the bars I'd want.  Apparently they are specifically for use on bikes with standard road geometry.  I think they'd be useful on the trainer during the Winter, too.  I always wish I had a way to rest my elbows as I pedal along for boring hours indoors.  I think they'd be nice during centuries, too...just for a variety of hand/arm/upper body positioning.

I guess I know what to ask for for mother's day! Tongue  Some girls want jewelry and flowers...I want aero bars! Cool

There ya go! I don't see much downside. Happy Mother's Day!

jules2

Zoom Zoom, they are exactly the same bars that I have.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom Zoom, they are exactly the same bars that I have.

Cool!  Seems that they are pretty popular amongst folks who do multisport on road bikes.  I haven't seen very many negative reviews of them at all.  I may borrow bars from a friend to see what I think, first, but only 'cause she offered.

~ Sarah Kay