1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Congratulations!! (Read 469 times)

My bike is my therapist

After much anticipation Wink congratulations are in order for the those who have put forth an enormous effort through the year. I would like to recognize the following: Big grin hokieesq- who gave the bunnies no chance of keeping up. Big grin pfriese- who with a last minute sprint passed the riding bunny at the line with pumping fists in the air!! and Big grin jules- who with a final kick passed the running bunny to break the finish line tape with arms raised high!! Honorable mention should go to Eternal Rookie who at last count was on target to beat both bunnies but couldn't be here for the ceremony.Sad Congratulations to you for meeting your goal this year. And good luck next year. As for the rest of us, it was a valiant effort. There were some unplanned problems through the year. With a fresh start lets toe the line and give the bunnies a good whipping this year. Big grin
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers
      I second your congrats, Croydon! Great job to everyone for their hard work all year! I'm happy to see that the group I started early in '08 is still going strong and has helped motivate a like-minded group of individuals to reach for their goals. Good luck in '09 everyone! Big grin

My bike is my therapist

Honorable mention should go to Eternal Rookie who at last count was on target to beat both bunnies but couldn't be here for the ceremony.Sad
        Let me explain...When I was looking up everyone's total I was using the "Browse User Logs" and E. R. seemed to have disappeared (user not found), but our "Members" link proves otherwise. Smile Looks like we have a new member. I'd like to welcome ikers to the group. Now...lets beat those bunnies!!Big grin
        "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers
          Happy New Year, Chris!!! How are you doing? Nice to see you Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Happy New Year, Chris!!! How are you doing? Nice to see you Smile
            Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well! I'm doing ok. How about you?
            Eternal Rookie

I let the Biking Bunny go last year thinking that I needed more running miles at the time. I did ride 29 miles New Year’s Day in what Chenille might considered balmy weather - 28o, but here in Tennessee that’s down right cold.
                Thanks! This, along with the 1,500 mile running group, were two of the first groups I joined on runningahead. It was very helpful and motivational to follow along with each group's pace bunnies. Smile However, lots of my biking miles were on a stationary bike or on the trainer, so I kinda feel like I "cheated" in that respect. Wink

jules2

Thanks! This, along with the 1,500 mile running group, were two of the first groups I joined on runningahead. It was very helpful and motivational to follow along with each group's pace bunnies. Smile However, lots of my biking miles were on a stationary bike or on the trainer, so I kinda feel like I "cheated" in that respect. Wink
                  Miles are miles and a trainer is hard work as you can't freewheel

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well! I'm doing ok. How about you?
                    Not so great - working out some non-running issues that are interferring with my workouts - no bike miles, but I'm hanging on to the running. I'm going out of town next week to pursue some different options. Wish me luck! I don't want to fall too far behind that bike bunny, although those miles are a little easier for me to catch up then running miles Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille I hope your issues disappear with the Spring sunshine! you can always catch up the cycling its the running one you don't want to drop too far behind on. I've managed 87 cycling and 123 running so far this year so at the moment i'm quite happy with myself.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.