1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Croyden (Read 394 times)

How are you doing?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

How are you doing?
      Like everyone else it seems, I've been pretty busy. Working massive amounts of hours until we get the refueled unit back on line and making electricity. Talked to the Doc a week ago and he was satisfied with my progress. I so wanted to start running by now but the temps have been in the mid 90's with no end in sight. I'm working at night at the moment so running in the morning is not an option. Cry My riding is back to normal but only just. With the temps its hardly bearable. One of the guys I ride with is a swim coach. I'm contemplating a sprint triathlon later in the summer. Charlotte has a couple of half marathons, one in Nov and one in Dec. I'd like to do one. When we get off this insane schedule I should be able to get some runs in. Congrats on your race!! Big grin Looks like the course was throwing everything at you and you conquered it. What is it about races and watches. I never forget to stop mine on a training run, but seem to forget on a race abut a third of the time. Now I'm all envious. I want to get those running shoes on!! Big grin
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Glad to hear you are thinking about running even if you are not actually running. Don't talk to me about high temperatures the two longest events I have done this year ( a half and a 75km MTB enduro ) were held on the two hotest days of the year. Just had my first run in a week as recovering from the enduro. I came around 170 out of 350 but over 500 more "opted" for the shorter route of 45km. I did the event at short notice because a freind asked me to split the fuel and then his bike broke at the halfway mark so I did the last half on my own. Up to 417 miles ( 7 short from the whole of last year ) running and 1188 cycling. Off the Scotland next week for a week of mountaining biking.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My bike is my therapist

Hey Jules, I don't think I've mentioned this. My in laws live about 60 miles south west of you in the small town of Bishops Cleeve. Just north of Cheltenham. We go over about once a year to visit. If it gets over 80F its a heat wave. I love going over in the summer to get away from the heat and humidity. But it looks like I might be jumping out of the pot and into the fire! Shocked My riding club did the "Assault on Mt Mitchell" just Mon. It was one of the hottest days we've had. The first 70 miles has about 4500 feet of climb and the last 30 m has about 6800 ft. There were a few of people who abandoned the ride at the 70 mile mark due to cramps. I was at work of course and missed all the fun.
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Croydon, before you get carried away let me rephrase my comments to "the only two hot days this year" I go mountaining biking around Bishop's Cleeve and I know the place anyway as I used to live in Evesham.

Sorry to hear that you have been so busy and working nights too! I really feel for you guys with those temperatures. "Summer" has been wac this year with 1/2 the country burning up, and the Pacific side not seeing summer temps yet. Tuesday's run was at 43. It's good news that at least you are ready to get back out running again. Thanks for the congrats! Smile The first one is always special, so glad it went well. I have one more next Saturday, then it's back to easy - steady, and get the bike out again! I've been slacking with the riding. Getting back to running and trying to keep up with strength training has pretty much used up my exercise energy for now. I think the sprint tri sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with that and thanks for checking in Smile Hi Jules! Hope you have a great time in Scotland. My SIL is from there. Her dad was an avid biker, he showed me some beautiful pictures of the countryside there Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

...Tuesday's run was at 43.
                That would be so nice right now. The lows in the mornings are usually mid 70s. Confused I should be off this schedule soon and get back to a normal life and some morning runs. Smile
                I think the sprint tri sounds like a lot of fun!
                Its been on my "todo" list for a while. Usually about an 800 meter swim, 40k bike and a 5k run with some variations but thats the jest of it. My daughters swim coach does them a lot so I might get him to "coach" me.
                5000 Mile Club
                Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Chenille, If you are bored ( and I mean really bored ) then you can access fat smiggys site about the trip using the link below. Let's hope after all the trouble he's gone to he can make it to the end. http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=3252&v=5y

My bike is my therapist

On our Sun morning ride today I was talking to Amy who did the Tri Latta Triathlon yesterday. She was pleased with her time. I was surprised to see her actually ready to do 40 miles the morning after a race. Tongue The more we talked the more envious I got and the more my feet itched to get the running shoes on. I'm going to tie on the shoes when I get home in the morning and get it out of my system.
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers
                      I'm going to tie on the shoes when I get home in the morning and get it out of my system.
                      Good for you!!!! Hoping the weather cooperates a little Smile

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group