1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Hey Jules, seen this guy around? (Read 117 times)

Eternal Rookie

He posted this on my local running club (Nashville Striders) message board:

Hello fellow runners! I am a 20 year old student currently doing my Human Geography dissertation at the University of Leicester in England and I would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes of your time to complete my short online questionnaire. 

Without boring you with too many details, I wanted to base my dissertation on something that I could really relate to and so I chose to look at ‘running experiences’. I’ve completed numerous half-marathon’s and I am currently training for my first full marathon in Leicester, which takes place in October. When writing about experiences, I wish to examine our feelings and emotions when we run and to look at the relationships we have with the space around us. For example there are huge differences between running in rural areas to urban areas. The rural is more natural and may allow you to express greater freedom whereas in the urban you have to contend with the power relationship between yourself and vehicles. I also want to look at providing answers to people who ask ‘why do you run?’ Many people cannot comprehend us runners waking up on cold Sunday mornings to not only run, but to ENJOY it.

All I ask is that you try and be as open and detailed as possible and to really think about why you run and what you get out of it.

The link to the survey is: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/348755/The-Running-Experience

I have also created a blog which may be of interest to some. It combines my general interest in running with the work I’m undertaking. This can be accessed at: http://www.therunningexperience.wordpress.com

Thank you very much and I hope you can be part of my research.

jules2

Its a small world, I'm aiming to run the Leicester Half and when I finish I will then cycle back up the course and act as sweep bike for the full marathon.

His prose style is similar to the way I used to speak in the 60's after a joint.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.