2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 16 - 22 Nov (Read 373 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning all,

Just getting us started.

Guess what. There's an annual pattern to my running. I do great from January-July. Then August, Sept., Oct my running sucks for various reasons. I start building again in November and start training again in January. And the circle is complete.

Suppose my goal for 2010 should be to stay(!) consistent throughout the year.

Last week, total mileage was 34.8 kilometers Hoping to improve on that this week. There's no way I can catch up with the bunny. But I can do better than I did last year (1513.6K): 

New week people, lets make it a good one

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Gig

It's pretty unlikely that I'll be doing any bunny hopping this year. 60 miles behind, and severely lacking in desire at the moment. I'm still having fun, though, and I'll step up the running at some point.

Imminent Catastrophe

6 in vffs today, my longest FF run yet. It felt pretty good!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

OMG I'm depressed to find that I'm 9 miles behind the Bunny! I haven't looked lately because of the problems I've been having. Should have known it would be this much. No clue how tonight's run will go. Did 2 miles last night without my achilles locking up on me. Think I've worked out some of the trigger points, but definitely not all. Will try to do 4 miles on the TM. It's pouring buckets tonight.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

OMG I'm depressed to find that I'm 9 miles behind the Bunny!

Hey, still 6 weeks to go so plenty of time to catch him/her/it. And you've already closed to within 10K so just an extra mile a week is all you need.  You'll make it.

5 miles in the wind and rain this morning with only shorts and t-shirt to keep me warm.  I wish there was a service, maybe on television, that you could turn to find out what the weather was like outside.  Or if they would just let us go outside and check for ourselves before we got dressed and headed out.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Thanks for your encouragement.  It would about double my mileage from last year and I'm really hoping I can do it.  With that accomplished, my goal for next year would be 30 mpw.

Life gets in the way though and I've learned to accept that. Like tonight, I had to skip my run to attend a "Septics 101" class now required of homeowners in my county who want to be able to DIY instead of paying someone to look at it every year (the upcoming new requirement).  On the positive side though, I probably needed a recovery day after yesterday's 5-miler on the TM, still working out the bugs in my right lower leg. Thanks to Dutchie's advice, I lowered the incline to 0% and also the cushioning (to 0%) and did OK. I think both of those have played a part for me. Plus my shoes might have be too old, even though they seem OK. I've switched to a new pair now.  Looking forward to tomorrow nights run; hope to do another 5-miler.

Imminent Catastrophe

I got one stinking mile in on the TM, leg pain stopped me. I think a few days off might be a good idea.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

I ran into a colleague who is also a runner and I "accidently" signed up as a back up runner for the Roparun. This is a non-stop relay run from Paris (France) to Rotterdam (Holland) for charity. It's a team effort (8 runners), where each runner runs approx. 65 kilometers in total. Each runner runs 1-2 kilometers at a time.  I only have to run when a runner pulls out for whatever reason. Sometimes I really wonder about my sanity.

Dutchie

3 miles on the eliptical.  Felt fine.  1 minute on the treadmill, not so good.  Showing some improvement with the NMT but not what I was hoping for.  My therapist thinks we have isolated a trigger point in my right hip which would make sense for all of my issues the last couple of years.  My theory is that I have waited too long to fix the problems and the injury needs more than just rest at this point.  I finally broke down and made a doctors appt, but it won't be for 2 weeks.  Until then I am just planning on some light workouts that don't irratate the areas.  Eliptical seems to be working fine, maybe I can do some bike as well.

Dog-Love

I ran into a colleague who is also a runner and I "accidently" signed up as a back up runner for the Roparun. This is a non-stop relay run from Paris (France) to Rotterdam (Holland) for charity. It's a team effort (8 runners), where each runner runs approx. 65 kilometers in total. Each runner runs 1-2 kilometers at a time.  I only have to run when a runner pulls out for whatever reason. Sometimes I really wonder about my sanity.

That sounds like a blast.  I love relays and I love hanging out with folks who would want to run from Paris anywhere!  Weve got snow all over the place now and its time for skiing.  Like Gig...I am having a harder time motivating myself beyond the erratic 3-6 mile run.  WEnt to a spinning class today to mix things up and I am wiped out

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Bob oh boy has life been crazy. Hi all - sorry for being unresponsive these last several weeks. Just wanted to say hello and that I've checked in most weeks to see how you all are doing. See you again soon.

Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

10k tomorrow and my left calf is still tight as heck, especially the anterior tibialis.  Yikes. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

HappyFeat

10k tomorrow and my left calf is still tight as heck, especially the anterior tibialis.  Yikes. 

Ice is your best friend.  That and massage. Work on it today.  Massage before your 10K. Good luck!

Imminent Catastrophe

Bob oh boy has life been crazy. Hi all - sorry for being unresponsive these last several weeks. Just wanted to say hello and that I've checked in most weeks to see how you all are doing. See you again soon.

Trey

Phew, what a relief. We can recall the search parties.

Dutchie42

Trey: good to hear you're still here

Perfesser: how's the leg?

Nader: good luck on the 10K. I'm always a little confused because of the time difference. Is it today (11/21) or tomorrow (11/22)?

Bad week for running for me. Skipped 2 out of 4 runs. Not good!

Today Spike and Spooky first came with me for 2.9 kilometers (still rebuilding Spike's endurance). Taking it slow and easy, letting Spike dictate pace.

I then finished my run on the TM: very enjoyable 3.5 kilometers at 9.5K/h. Surprisingly, it was very doable. I'd rate it a 5 (RPE), though my HR spiked at 194. Probably cause I was trying to sing along with the music 

I must say, I haven't felt this good all week.

Dutchie