2000Km-1243 mile club

Happy Halloween! (Read 8 times)

HappyFeat

Well we can't really call it an October thread since the month is nearly over. So here's to the end of the month and a playful holiday.

I'm running the Spooky 12K trail race this Sunday. There will be a costume contest, but I'm pretty certain I won't be in it.

So I don't know if anyone saw this thread last spring:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/ffd90be4c6d645c4bd3877f16949a16e#focus

but DH and I ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!!  It will be a dream come true for me. Now I just have to train up to be able to run 15 miles three days in a row and he has to start running. The next six months should be an interesting time. The "safety" is that if someone can't run for any reason, they can ride in the raft or an inflatable kayak. (Can you say E-Ticket?!  I will be doing everything I can to avoid that. Looks terrifying to me; but DH would definitely enjoy it.)  There is a Flickr photo album associated with Momentum and the photos of the area and the river are Amazing! https://www.flickr.com/photos/momentum-oregon-rafting/

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Happy - so glad you and the hubby are up for the challenge - it looks like a beautiful vacation!

Nothing exciting to report on my end, just getting some one hour runs/ spin class/ walks done.

Friday night! Enjoy, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Perry finished his run across America and set a new Masters World Record. Here's a link to news story (you have to click the link to get to the article) with a video of the finish. What a guy! What an accomplishment!

http://www.3news.co.nz/world/kiwi-runs-nyc-to-la-sets-world-record-

Oh wait, here's another great link - to another news video clip. I really enjoyed these.

http://tvnz.co.nz/seven-sharp/perry-newburn-our-new-world-champ-video-6116142

Speaking of ultrarunners, Puke, how is your shin now?

Sunday update:

Just in from the Spooky 12K trail run. A little cold (8C) and muddy from all the rain yesterday and last night. First run in tights since last winter. I slowed in the last mile because it's pretty technical; my legs were a little tired by that time, so I was more cautious. It was my slowest of the three times I've done this race, but still a faster average pace than I've run in weeks.  Several times I was running alongside different people and enjoyed some nice chit-chat before moving ahead....most of whom overtook me in that last mile. It was good fun and I ate too many bagels afterward. Not sure if anyone took any photos, but I wore my "starry night" cape. In the costume contest, friend Stu said I would get the "cutest" award if there was one. The "cat people" won all the glory. They (a couple) wore bathrobes and blonde curly wigs and had stuffed animal cats pinned all over the top half of their robes, including one with audio that said "meow" frequently.

Perry finished his run across America and set a new Masters World Record. Here's a link to news story (you have to click the link to get to the article) with a video of the finish. What a guy! What an accomplishment!

http://www.3news.co.nz/world/kiwi-runs-nyc-to-la-sets-world-record-

Oh wait, here's another great link - to another news video clip. I really enjoyed these.

http://tvnz.co.nz/seven-sharp/perry-newburn-our-new-world-champ-video-6116142

Speaking of ultrarunners, Puke, how is your shin now?

Sunday update:

Just in from the Spooky 12K trail run. A little cold (8C) and muddy from all the rain yesterday and last night. First run in tights since last winter. I slowed in the last mile because it's pretty technical; my legs were a little tired by that time, so I was more cautious. It was my slowest of the three times I've done this race, but still a faster average pace than I've run in weeks.  Several times I was running alongside different people and enjoyed some nice chit-chat before moving ahead....most of whom overtook me in that last mile. It was good fun and I ate too many bagels afterward. Not sure if anyone took any photos, but I wore my "starry night" cape. In the costume contest, friend Stu said I would get the "cutest" award if there was one. The "cat people" won all the glory. They (a couple) wore bathrobes and blonde curly wigs and had stuffed animal cats pinned all over the top half of their robes, including one with audio that said "meow" frequently.

Back on deck...computer crash :-(

Yeah, awesome effort by Perry,  to beat Marshall Urlich's masters record is a huge achievement.  He is such a relaxed easy going guy as well.  I am looking forward to catching up with him when I get back down his way. Go for a "short" run etc

That 3 day run looks cool Happy.  Look forward to hearing about that.

My shin is pain free.  Swelling pretty much gone, just a bit of scar tissue but that is going also.  I have basically just finished a whole month of taking it easy.  Basically just running 3 days a week, maximum of about 14 km.  Time to start back on 5 days a week. Then build up the mileage and hit some trails.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Wow - my legs are toast this week! I did a 5-mile walk/run with a friend last night and was "done" at the end of it. Tonight I planned on my usual 8-10, but it was all I could do to complete 6! I felt wiped out the whole time. I guess the trail race so soon after the marathon took more out of my legs than I thought. I'll take a couple of rest days now and hope that hits the reset button.