2000Km-1243 mile club

I just signed up for the SF marathon (Read 374 times)

Dog-Love

Anyone wanna join me????  Its my hometown and I am getting tired of reading all of your run/race reports from SF and not being able to join in.  I lost my running virginity in San Francisco   and I want to reconnect.  Once I decided to stop smoking I started running all over the city and never stopped.  I love GG Park....I love the bridge...I love running through the neighborhoods and I can't wait!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      I wish I would have run it when I lived in the area.  I had not started the whole marathon thing at the time.  It is definitely on my to do list but not for this year.

...---...

Funny - I was just telling my wife last night that I wanted to do SF again this July. I've got it "down" but will hold off signing up for a bit yet...so put me down as a probably. Here's a couple shots from last week's SF run.

http://picasaweb.google.com/maniac1811/SanFanciscoRun?authkey=Gv1sRgCNOlx7OxwKyMtgE#

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Thats what I'm talking about!  I look through all of those pictures and get a bit nostalgic.  I can smell the marine air and fog! Thanks.  Hope you'll make it.  Its a bit early in the year for us Alaska folks to really train well but I will give it a go. 

Today I'll bring my camera on my run to show you a bit of Juneau's trails in the winter

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

My running buddy really wants to run SF this year while his brother is living out there.  Unfortunately, the wife has started graduate school and is basically not working so money is getting tight.  Put me down as a "maybe (but really wants to do it)" category and I'll reassess in the spring.

Typically, does SF fill up?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

Typically, does SF fill up?

SF has filled up right at the end for the past 2 years. This past year, there were up to 100 spots open the week leading into it. But the price breaks (early reg) are something to consider. The cheapest rates have already expired I think. So it's like $90 now. Never-the-less, you've got time. 

MTA - waiting on Crabby's awesome Juneau trail pics

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

OK here we go...this is the Dredge Lakes trail which is a 5 mile run through all sorts of trails that is a great spot in the winter and really swampy in the summer/fall.

Dredge Lakes Trails (Today)

Imminent Catastrophe

OK here we go...this is the Dredge Lakes trail which is a 5 mile run through all sorts of trails that is a great spot in the winter and really swampy in the summer/fall.

Dredge Lakes Trails (Today)

OK, now I wish I lived in Alaska.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Yeah, I'm a bit envious too. Thanks for taking those. Sweet ole Rusty - looks like a happy fellow though.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12