2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 8 - 14 Feb (Read 404 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone,

Tuesday already and noone started a new check in?! You lazy buggers 

Yesterday was a rest day for the legs, so I did chest and triceps. Didn't do any UB since my neck/shoulders were all sore and stiff earlier this year. Now I have DOMS in my chest Biked to work: regretted that real quick: it was -4C with a windchill of -9C. And I had a head wind going to work. Cold! Plus I think my legs hadn't recovered from the weekend yet. I was riding like an 80 yo. Took me all of 30 minutes to get to the office (should be no more than 22 minutes). And when I got of the bike I felt dizzy and my legs were wobbly and unsteady. Like I had way too much to drink!

Anyways, this morning I slept in Meaning I have to run after work. Which I don't like. But gotto get some hill work in.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I had a fairly uneventful 5 miler yesterday.  Since I was off from work I was able to wait until later in the day when it was 35F and sunny.  That sounds like a heat wave compared to most of you.  I feel like I'm on the edge of a break through here soon.  It needs to happen soon because I need to get my mileage up to something respectable.

Dog-Love

I ran almost 6 yesterday and the sun was out and actually warm...very different than the Sunday Blizzard in Seward.  I am super-sore today for no good reason and I think I will bike if I have time.  Just put my own marathon training schedule together and it seems fairly mellow until April..
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

The nasty, cold, wet winter continues. 6 whole miles on the TM today in VFFs, feeling pretty strong considering how little I've been training lately.

I watched a documentary on the Donner Party while running. That was fun. But it's the kind of thing that keeps you from feeling self-pity.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Because the Roparun relay is mostly hilly terrain from Paris (France) till about Antwerp (Belgium) I should do hill workouts. Runerval 5.0 is all about hills (and speed). I've had this w/o for 5 years now. About as long as I've owned my TM. But today is the first time I've ever done this w/o. Guess that tells you something about how much I like hills Smile Anyways, since it was the first time I was conservative with my speed.

Pace: BP = 8.5K/h and interval = 9.0K/h
            10min warm up with some strides thrown in
            Hill inclines:
            5-6-7-8% / 2 min on and 1 min off / 2 min recovery
            7-8-9-10% / 2 min on and 1 min off / 2 min recovery
            8-9-10% / 2 min on and 1 min off / 2min recovery
            9-10-11% / 1 min on and 1 min off / 2 min recovery

10-11-12% / 30 sec on and 1 min off / 3 min c.d.

My 1 min off was mostly walking Wink

Gosh, this was hard work. Total mileage: 7 kilometers.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I just signed up for the Devil Mountain 50k in Pagosa Springs, CO in July. I need a kick in the butt to get my training back on track and having committed to that race is it!

MTA: Had a nice 6-miler with Daisy. That's my longest run in some time, it was nice to be back outdoors running. Also ordered some cool stuff from Zombierunner 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

I've managed a 4 mile and 5 mile run (early morning treadmill) this week. The 5 miles was 2 x 1 1/2 miles at tempo pace (per Glover), I tried it at 10:40 and 10:20 (I'm slow) and I was surprized that I made it. Legs are a little dead this morning.

I'm going to sneak off at lunch and get in a 4 miler - it looks like we might go above zero today (with flurries)

Early Valentine's dinner tonight - some of the restaurants in town are participating in a special prix fixe this week, so I lucked out.

Happy thursday!

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

I had some AT and hamstring issues last week, so am restarting my plan from where I left off 2 weeks ago.

So far so good this week. Did the planned Wednesday night 6-miler last night. Going for a lunchhour massage for hamstrings and low back today. Will plan on a 9-mile long run this Saturday.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Well, my easy week continues.  4th day in a row at just 3 miles. 

Legs are feeling better... 

Gonna go running with a local group on Saturday... I have no idea what to expect... /shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dog-Love

RUnning with a group I find very fun sometimes and sometimes not.  Definitely the right folks make a 6 mile run go by like a 5K.

Today I ran 7 with JJ and Rusty.  7 is a bit much for Rusty so I took him home to sleep on his bed and I went back to work..  Turns out my daughter came home and saw Rusty and took him out for another 3.6 miles...so I don't think we'll see much of him tonight

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thursday-20-minute hill workout on the elliptical. This thing has a variable ramp so when I set the ramp really high and turn up the resistance it's a pretty good hill leg workout. Then 2.5 mile hill program on the treadmill.

Friday-nice easy 2.7 miles in a cool drizzle. A short run but I felt really energetic and a pretty good pace for an "easy" effort. 

Dutchie42

Was having some R-knee issues after my hill workout on Wednesday. Skipped 2 runs and my knee feels much better. I'll do something easy later this morning and see how the running goes.

I guess I'll just write this week up as a "cut back" week Annoying though, cause I was getting really close to the pink monster, sigh

Crabby: poor Dusty, all that running.....

Anyone hear what Trey's been up to?

Heffa: did you run some more this week?

Perfesser: bad weather continues here too. I'm back on the TM for all my runs.

It snowed again overhere. Just an inch. And ofcourse, someone drove into my car in the night. Judging by the tracks in the snow, he took a left turn too fast and slidded straight into my car. About 500 euro's worth of damage. And noone left a name of phone number....

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Yesterday was clear and cold and the trail was super icy and for some reason I thought all the ice would be gone so it was a quirky run without my cleats.

Today is a Valentine's day two-some run and for the 1st time my dd does not want to rune with me but with luke.  Who the heck is LUKE????  You know I'll be on his heels.

Rusty is still sleeping in.

I assume Trey is training for the SF Marathon.  I am!  And my dd just signed up for the half.

HappyFeat

someone drove into my car in the night. Judging by the tracks in the snow, he took a left turn too fast and slidded straight into my car. About 500 euro's worth of damage. And noone left a name of phone number....

Dutchie, that's awful!!

I haven't gone running yet today - still working on getting my caffeine level where it needs to be.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Just got back from running with the group.

Heh... 

I ran too far too fast.  A little over 9 miles today I think, and the first 25 minutes were all up hill... all rocky single track trails that I was not familiar with.  My longest before today was about 6 and a half.

But I survived.  It turned my easy week into a not so easy week.  And I'll probably have to run a bit tomorrow (I usually take Sundays off) to get all the junk out of my legs...

Oh well... I guess what doesn't kill me will make me better... :-)

BTW, legs did well... no knee issues... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...