2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 5-11 April (Read 405 times)

Dutchie42

Got a good start of the week. Put in a nice 10.1 kilometer loop with Spooky. Quiet today, cause its a national holiday and most people were either still in bed, or having breakfast.

1st 5 kilometers in 34:35

2nd 5 kilometers in 30:25

finished the last approx. 130 meters at an easy pace.

Have a great week everyone and the most excellent runs

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

This afternoon I put another workout in: 40min of LB, 45 minutes of UB (chest, shoulders and triceps) and 15 min of abs.

Time to walk the dogs again.

Dutchie

Sitting in the LV airport waiting for my flight home.  Only managed to get one run in while I was here but must have walked a marathon.  This place is awesome (except for good places to run)!

Just a dude.

Last time I was in Las Vegas and I tried to run, I found it best to run directly away from the strip and any hotels and try to find housing areas. Running down town or near The Strip was rough... too many people... too many stops...

I bet there are some great runs through the desert in the hills around Las Vegas though... I think it would be fun to run through the cacti just north of Vegas...  I don't go there often, but I will have to keep my eyes out next time...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dog-Love

Got a very nice 5+ mile run in through the trails of Dredge Lakes.  Still snow which makes Rusty happy.  Lots of tricky rocks under snow that keeps you focused.  Hope everyone is having a great week
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Dutchie42

Crabby: when I read your signature line I'm always reminded never to run when on fire

Today was a 7K hilly run and a plyometrics workout afterwards.

10 min w.u. @ 9K/h, with 3x30 sec @ 10K/h in the last 3 minutes.
              Hill 1
              60 sec @ 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3% with
              60 sec recoveries @ 0% inbetween
              30 sec break for a sip of water
              Hill 2
              continued @ 9.5K/h
              60 sec @ 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3-% without recoveries
              continued @ 9K/h again
              Hill 3
              30 sec @ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3% without recoveries

Dutchie

The Plodder

Bank holiday here in England, so we took the bikes to the coast.

Unfortunately mine had a flat, so i spent my timemaking sure no one fell in the sea!!

Had a nice gentle jog along the promenade on and off for over an hour.

Then drove the 80 miles back home and went for my long run - ended up getting a bit carried away and doing 12 miles - took 2 hours which is about right.

Came home to a burnt tea.

Am struggling a bit today - i think i should have taken into account my afternoon activities!

I usually do my long run on Friday's - but this week its my son's birthday this week.

I think a gentle swim is in order today :-)

HappyFeat

Just noticed both Dutchie and Ayola have passed the Bunny A big pat on the back to both of you! Yaay!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

Dutchie:  That line is the slogan for my son's cross country team.  They are always running all out hard.

Not me though...I ran 6.25 in the sleet snow rain today with JJ and Molly (running buds) My legs are needing a break.

(A gentle swim is definitely in order)

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Just a dude.

Interesting week for me so far...

Goal was to run an easy 7 yesterday... It felt easy, but the time said not so easy... It was kinda fast... 

I was worried I was gonna feel it today on a hard hill workout.

This workout was a bit easier than last week when I did it.  I think I didn't push it quite as hard as last time, but I think I am getting stronger too...  I also knew what to expect and had it all sorted out better too...

So I'm thinking things are looking up... (or I will be an exhausted mess tomorrow...  )

-Kelly

6 yesterday

6 today - done

6 tomorrow!

No speedy stuff this week, just trying to get the midweek mileage up

Happy Thursday, A

Recalculating...

The Plodder

i ended up resting completely on Tuesday after Monday's blow-out.

But had two decent sessions on the Deadmill yesterday and today - and feel great again.

Today i thought i would try a bit of an interval session - so did 5 lots of 5 mins @ 12.5kph, with a 1min jog @ 8.5kph in between. Its something i want to try to do each week and see how far i get with it.

I find the treadmill boring, but for stuff like that, because i can be absolute with the pace and time it makes it more exacting and controllable than trying it outdoors.

Question - I just noticed that I scheduled my long weekend to New York 2 weeks before my HM - I was planning to do a 13 mile run that weekend. I can do it the week before but is 3 weeks out too far back? When I'm in New York I can probably get a couple of 6 mile runs in, but more than that is unrealistic time-wise.

And then for later in the summer, do you more experienced guys run 13 miles or so every other weekend?

Massage today was wonderful!

A

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

I'm probably not one of "the more experienced" around here... But I am trying to do a 2 hour run every week... for me that looks like a 12-15 mile run every Saturday...

I think that makes sense with me doing 40-50 miles a week total... I try to keep my long run 25-33% of my week...

-Kelly

Question - I just noticed that I scheduled my long weekend to New York 2 weeks before my HM - I was planning to do a 13 mile run that weekend. I can do it the week before but is 3 weeks out too far back? When I'm in New York I can probably get a couple of 6 mile runs in, but more than that is unrealistic time-wise.

My theory is that for the half marathon, assuming you've been running a consistent weekly base, the long run is more for your mental state than your physical.  A 13 mile run vs. a 10 or an 11 isn't really going to change your body dramatically, but can help your confidence.  You want to know that you CAN do it and you want to know how its going to feel when you do it so on race day its not a new experience. So you could run it 3 weeks out rather than 2.  You'll get the mental benefits and its not like your body is going to backslide, especially if you keep your mileage up. Plus you can run it faster than you might a normal long run since you know you have plenty of time to recover. 

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013