2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in - week of 28 April (Read 204 times)

Dutchie42

Just getting us started. Am really pressed for time. Very busy getting the house ready for all the remodelling that starts next week. And this week has two national holidays, so only 3 work days, which means I have to really get going. Hope to have time later this week to post. BTW, PT allowes me to start running again: short and easy. Have a fun week every one!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marquess of Utopia

Because of this thread: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/SBR/Forum/b612627be57d425f9cafde03a2b8149c I'm going to leave this group. Does anyone want to be the owner of the group?

A Saucy Wench

Why would you leave? One person mentioned a problem and pretty much everyone else said...we post where we like the people and to fit our goals. WE dont want you to leave. Pooh on them.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Joe: ehm, that link gets me to a picture, not a thread. And I actually thought the pic was funny. Must be my Dutch sense of humor Wink Why would you leave this great group? Besides, anyone bothers you here I'll censor their silly butts. Deal?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marquess of Utopia

Big grin Cool I'm staying. Big grin I wish we had more national holidays in the U.S. At my work they recognize 6 holidays, what about everyone else?
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

DH and I run our own company out of our home. NO holidays, lol. But we can take off whenever we want to. Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Joe - thank goodness!! Holidays...well I'm a SAHM so I get 0, dh gets 9 I think, although 3 of them are doubles (Xmaseve/day, tday&friday, NYE, NYD) MTA: Oh yeah...running...3.6 easy this morning, 5.5 brutal planned for tonight.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 6.3 miles along the Charles River in Boston between rainstorms. Cool and very windy. A nice run. I could see the Citgo sign. Maybe someday I'll see it from the west coming from Hopkinton Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ringmaster

Hi, all. Oh, good. That link just got me to seeing that darn pace bunny right on my back after my week off. Gotta get back on the road consistently. 6 today. Got a 5k this weekend that I don't know if I can race. I may end up just running it easy to avoid hurting the legs. Good luck on the remodel, Dutchie! Ennay, thanks for the shoe advice in the forums. Tried the 2130s and still didn't like the feel. Am trying the Adidas Supernovas--purchased today! Hopefully they'll help!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

Teresadfp

One day at a time

6.1 for me on the treadmill - blech. It's been a month since I had to run on it, and I forgot how hard it is. I just couldn't bring myself to run in hard rain, upper 40s. Oh, well, it's done! Dutchie, good luck with the remodelling. We're in the middle of putting on an addition (large office, garage, bedroom, family room, and entry way). My daughter is sleeping on her bed in the living room, and my middle son is sleeping in my older son's room. There are boxes everywhere, and even construction supplies in our dining room. We started in late November, and have been building through the coldest winter in Maine in many years. An adventure, to say the least!

A Saucy Wench

8.2 sluggish miles today...stupid diet. That concludes my highest month ever....whooohooo.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go, Ennay! Wow, that's a lot of miles! You definitely inspire me!

dork.major dork.

Wow Ennay! Nice work. I can't imagine remodeling through winter, Teresa... and working at home so you can't even escape the remodeling? No wonder you had to go to Texas for a few days. I ran 5 this morning. Monthly mileage = 84. The most since last August, still short of the 100 mile/month goal (nevermind the pace bunny). May, beware, I will make you mine.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Imogene, the only good part about the remodelling was that the addition was totally separated from the rest of our house most of the time. We did have to take an exterior wall out upstairs, but DH, being the handyman he is, built a temporary, insulated wall across the end of the hallway to keep out the dust and noise. Could have been worse, and the results will be so worth it!
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Double post. Confused