2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in October 12-18 (Read 549 times)

...---...

Did you step on anything? Insect bite? Did you see a doc?

No, no, and yes. Nothing broken. It's really strange. It just showed up suddenly in the night. It's a little better today but weird.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Brian: How are you feeling today?

Feeling really good. No noticeable soreness and no problems from my foot.  Going to do a slow 3 tonight and see how it goes. 

MTA: did 3 miles at closer to 10K pace rather than slow.  No problems, but the quads were still tight.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

5.6 today. Ugh, clunk, gasp, wheeze, thud. This was really a struggle today, my legs were really heavy, but I got it done, took Daisy along for her first "long" run since Spring, she really enjoyed it.

Hope the foot is OK, Trey!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Perfesser: are you still on to race this weekend?

Trey: did the doctor have any diagnosis other than "not broken"?

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: are you still on to race this weekend?

Trey: did the doctor have any diagnosis other than "not broken"?

Yeah, I'm leaving for Bar Harbor Friday. The ankle still has a little discomfort but I've done two 12-milers without trouble so I think it'll be OK. 

Forecast is for 35-40°, breezy. Maybe some rain. I'm packing tights and my new birthday Maniac long-sleeve red T. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Brian: Great race! Chicago is a race I'd like to do one day

Perfesser: Good luck at Mount Desert, it is one of the more perfect trails around. Unfortunately we don't get back to Maine (for the furniture move, blah) until early December

0º this morning with a beautiful moon and clear sky this morning (4 miles) I had a massage yesterday and everything is nice and loose including those pesky calves. Gotta run a little more in the seconf half of the month for 100 miles per month.

A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

10.1K easy running this afternoon. Sun was nicely warm, but wind's already really cold. Lovely afternoon to run though.

Relaced my L-shoe twice. Couple of breaks for doggie business and taking Spooky off/putting her on leash.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

I've been slacking this week.  I had my poor performance at the 5k last weekend that has me a little out of it and for the last couple of days I've been feeling sick.  Now today we are driving to SC for the weekend.  Looks like a bad mileage week.  Hopefully I will get a couple of good runs in while in SC.  They have an awesome walking/biking trail in Summerville where we will be staying.

Dog-Love

I'm with you heffa...no miles this week as I recover from the flu.  Wiped me and my duaghter out but I have energy today which is a nice change.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm in Bar Harbor for Sunday's race. I've had lobster, chowder, wild blueberry pie, and the local ale. So, preparations are going well. Unfortunately it seems we will have a nasty Nor'easter here on Sunday (The Angels/Yankees game will probably be postponed). Rainy, windy, 36°F, wind chill 23° . Like Trey's last race, only colder. Heh. Like I said: Good times, good times!

Dutchie42

Warm sun. Cold wind. Bad 5K run. But nice though Wink How is it I can have a bad run and still enjoy it?

Superfeet (green) arrived yesterday, had to trim them a bit before they fit my Mizuno's. Felt nice while running, but they are thicker than the insoles I was running on, so I had to relace both shoes AGAIN.

Was quiet in the office Friday afternoon, so I had plenty of time to look into races for next year. I'll run 3x10 milers and 3 half marathons Goals would be to PR each of them, 10 seconds faster each race should make me happy

ETA: Perfesser, hope you have a good race despite the weather. What time are you setting for yourself?

Crabby: are you all better now? Well enough to run?

Trey: how's the foot? I'm getting closer you know!

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, I really don't know where I'm at, with the ankle, the weather, and 2-1/2 week layoff. Plus it's a tough course. I'll probably go out at 4-hour pace and see how I feel after 8-10 miles. Probably will end up slower than that. I'll find out how good my aerobic base is!

MTA: Then there's that hill from 20-25. Yeah, nice place for a hill, guys. Thanks a lot. 

To compensate for the length of my last race report:

Inglewood 5K 25:14 (PR by 1:50)

Good luck Russ! Regardless of your time, have a great time (and don't get hurt).

Jeff & Crabby: hope you've gotten out and had fun on the road this weekend.

Dog-Love

Still not running but coughing super-well!  I think I will try a nice walk today though.  Feeling like I regained some energy over the past 2 days.  Still no appatite for food or wine which is weird for me. I guess the rest is good...but it's hard to believe I used to run.  Next week will be a better week
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                                I finally got a good run in today.  I really miss the bike trail here in Summerville, SC.  They even added another half mile to it since the last time I ran it.  It's probably about 6 miles long from end to end now.