2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1/19-1/ 25 (Read 403 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, again it's a new week. Hope the weather will clear soon cause we've had rain and cold for days now. Today was a rest day for my legs, so did an UB endurance w/o including abs. Nice! So what did you do today?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Monday = rest day for me. Bunny will gain a little on me.

anneb

Today - an easy 7 on the treadmill.

Anne

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

5.6 miles today. A little on the fast end of easy, but it was snowing, and I felt good. And I pulled back ahead of the bunny.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

More bad weather, so...4 on the treadmill. I'm such a wimp. Undecided

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Rest day = beer Monday!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

I had planned on 16 miles today, but I upped it to 17. Close to 16, I was feeling really good and relaxed. I read something about increasing lactic threhhold in RW last month, so I decided I'd like a little bit of pain to run through. Sure enough, my legs started burning at about 16.5, so I did an extra half mile loop around the block. It felt great (in the way that pain feels great). Tomorrow, rest. Wednesday, nine or ten. After that, we'll see. MTA: 56 miles ahead of Crabby. Now that's a nice false sense of security.
                Dutchie42

Wanted to do an interval training, but the first 30 min were sooooo tough. I just switched to a progressive run. Felt good in the end. Managed 8.75K on the TM in 60 minutes flat. Not bad. Added on a 20min LB endurance w/o: some squats, lunges, deadlifts and plie squats. Made my legs feel better Wink You guys did good yesterday. Let's hear what you did today! Perfesser: I'm on the TM a lot too. I don't consider myself a whimp. I'm practical: everything at hand. And no potty break in the cold behind a tree Big grin

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

ho hum. 3 on the mill again. Maybe tomorrow I get outside. Want some fun? hit "Quote" and reply to this Big grin ‮҉҉҉

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jill_B

I fly.

I finally took a day off yesterday. I was going to streak, but alas, sanity got to me. Today was an easy 5 on the treadmill. I hope to get outside by this weekend.

Bring it on.

Dutchie42

OK Perfesser, you got me there! Clowning around

Dutchie

Dutchie42

I finally took a day off yesterday. I was going to streak, but alas, sanity got to me. Today was an easy 5 on the treadmill. I hope to get outside by this weekend.
                          Jill: you're log looks a streak to me Shocked

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Back from SF yesterday, didn't get a chance to run at all in SF. Went for a run on the UCLA track after we got home, first time running on a track for me. It was a really nice night, in the mid 60's and I thought it would be boring going around in circles but there were all these people out. Playing soccer, running, walking their dogs, running stairs.

...---...

ho hum. 3 on the mill again. Maybe tomorrow I get outside. Want some fun? hit "Quote" and reply to this Big grin ‮҉҉҉

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

I guess I didn't do it right Perfesser. Anyway - total wimp here and took an unplanned rest day Tues - wind chill at ~13...just don't have the gear to run in those conditions. No treadmill so I went to see The Gourds jam out a short set last night. However, I did recruit a lapsed runner to get back out there.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12