2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 1/19-1/ 25 (Read 403 times)

AnneCA

Hey all -- I think I forgot to check in last week. I ended up at 34.6 last week (that may be a new weekly high for me? Close, anyway), but will be a bit lower this week, since my long weekend run will be a trail run, and I don't take on as much on the trails around here as I will on the roads. I need to find a longer trail run that's got manageable hills. Next weekend I've got a HM, the Kaiser Permanente on 2/1 in SF. It's through Golden Gate Park and some along the Great Highway. Aaron -- hope you enjoyed your trip to SF even if you didn't get any running in! Gig -- 17 miles! Are you in a marathon training cycle? Hope it warms up for everyone soon! And, I'm feeling like I need to get a dog to hang out here . . . . . Wink

...---...

And, I'm feeling like I need to get a dog to hang out here . . . . . Wink
      Ha ha ha. You have to get two! Tongue

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Ha ha ha. You have to get two! Tongue
        and one has to be named Daisy!‮҉

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

and one has to be named Daisy!‮҉
          Right. Daisy 2 isn't the runner I thought she might be but she'll walk with you until the cows come home. 4 miles tonight. Felt good being out with no wind (40 degrees at run time).

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran at the UCLA track again tonight. Lots of interesting things going on around the track. There was a Women's Rugby team practicing, I don't think they were UCLA's team but I could be wrong. Looked like the track guys just finished their workout when I got there, bunch of other soccer and lacrosse games going on as well. Today was intervals day, first time running intervals on a track. I was quite happy at being able to keep a consistent pace. Goal was to run 800s in 3:45, a 7:30 pace with a 200m 2min rest in between. Ended up running 3:41, 3:48, 3:48, 3:50, 3:47. Never quite hit my target right on but I was happy w/ the results. I really should have done 1 more set but I was tired after that last set. I'm running a 5k on superbowl Sunday and my goal is to run 23:30. Anne - Had a great time in SF. Had pastries at Tartine, stayed at a great B&B, saw friends, relaxed a little bit. Only disappointment was that we didn't get to go to the Cheeseboard to get some pizza because they were closed.

Dog-Love

OK I am feeling better. Traveled to Anchorage Monday but got 6 miles in on the Coastal trail. Met a fellow RAer up there who I have been really enjoying! Tuesday I swam for 18 minutes and Wednesday I ran about 5.5 (damn garmin low on batteries). Anyway ran in Anchorage down the same trail until I got to the uber-large moose lying on the side of the trail. Turned around. I am calling it 5.8 miles. Back in Juneau for a rest day and tomorrow I am thinking LONG and slow. no sign of Gig from this far back. Cry Still need a goal.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Jill_B

I fly.

This is going to be an easy week for me. I'm having major ear issues and even though I finally started antibiotics, it's getting worse instead of better... so (waah!) I'm going to chill with the running and take it down a notch. Hopefully I'll still get about 25 miles in though.

Bring it on.

...---...

Perfect running weather - clear and 53 degrees. Did and easy 6 with a neighbor. There's a 5K Saturday morning that runs within a block on our house so I'll do that. Get better Jill. Crabby, glad you're back on track. Speaking of tracks, Aaron - nice reps at UCLA.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

This is going to be an easy week for me. I'm having major ear issues and even though I finally started antibiotics, it's getting worse instead of better... so (waah!) I'm going to chill with the running and take it down a notch. Hopefully I'll still get about 25 miles in though.
                    I'm having major ear issues, too. Every time I go to work, I start hearing inane crap that can't possibly be real coming from the company's leadership, and especially my boss. Maybe I should try antibiotics! (Seriously, though, I hope they work for you, and quickly.) 8½ tonight. It was supposed to be six miles, but my Garmin wouldn't turn on. I know it's fully charged, so, who knows. The one year warranty has long since expired--almost a month ago! But that's a discussion for another board. The point is that even though I knew exactly where my turnaround was, I tricked myself into going an extra mile+ out, "just make sure." Big news!! It's staying lightish later! I ran along my more normal path, as opposed to repeating a well-lit one-mile loop. There was one very dark patch on the way back, but still, I could pretty much see the whole way. It looks like I might actually top 50 miles this week. It's not *really* a 50-mile week, though. On Monday, I did Sunday's long run. Normally I take Monday and Tuesday off. Really, my 17-mile run should count toward last week. That said, a 50-mile week!!!Cool Anne, I'm actually getting ready for practically the opposite of a marathon. In July, I've got a one-mile race. Last year, my goal was to break 7 minutes, and I finihed in 6:49, so boo ya! But this year, I want to beat a six-minute mile. That said, I'm trying to convince DW that a weekend trip in May to the Pittsburgh Marathon would be a good idea.
                    Dutchie42

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. This morning I wasn't sure whether I should catch up with yesterday's missed run, or continue with my schedule. It was raining hard outside and rain and darkness are not m facourite combo for a run. Guess what I did. Yeah, went with the schedule Smile So I worked my shoulders (heavey weight training) and a tough endurance leg w/o. Especially my hip muscles are burning now.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm having major ear issues, too. Every time I go to work, I start hearing inane crap that can't possibly be real coming from the company's leadership, and especially my boss. Maybe I should try antibiotics! (Seriously, though, I hope they work for you, and quickly.)
                        LOL! Maybe it's just my kids driving me crazy (I wish)!

Bring it on.

Dutchie42

This morning was triceps and biceps first then abs. Followed by a 10K run with Spooky after a short break. My legs were still feeling yesterday's LB workout, but it wasn't a tough run. Not easy either.

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

5K PR this morning at the Run Downtown 5K. PR by 15 seconds despite having to stop at the 2.7 mile point to throw up. Nice.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

AnneCA

Congrats on the PR, Trey! Sorry to hear about the, uh, digestive issues. Musta been quick, though, if you still PR'd. I'm imagining a quick dash to the side of the road, then right back out there. I didn't do my trail run this morning. We've had steady rain (thank goodness! we need it), so the trails would have been a mud bog. And the mud here is clay, clay, clay. I've run in it before, and what happens is you end up running on platform shoes, with several inches of heavy clay built up on the soles. Call me a wimp, but I didn't want ten miles of that. I ended up running to a park that's about a mile and a half from my house, but I never have run there before. It's pretty much just a lake at the bottom of a ravine (ravine = Hayward Fault trace Wink), but there are two loop trails around it (paved or sanded), a high one and a shore one, so I did those a couple of times (.75 miles/loop) then covered the roads for a while. It was a nice run, but I think I don't have the mindset to run loops. Clowning around Aaron -- I like your priorities on the SF visit! Sorry you didn't get the Cheeseboard pizza. Happy trails all.

Dog-Love

Getting ready to bring my son to a 1.5 hr soccer practice which makes it hard to find an excuse to run 6. It is 18 degrees and icy, but like we say in AK...there is no bad weather just bad choice of clothing. So I have my layers on. Good work on a winter 5K PR Trey.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)