2000Km-1243 mile club

September (Read 11 times)

HappyFeat

Hi Ayola - enjoy your LR tomorrow. Congratulations on your 100-mile month! That's serious stuff.

I'm nervous about my twinging pyriformis and tomorrow's extra-long run.  My attitude right now is exasperation and I plan to just keep running if it cramps up; but I won't meet my pace goals if it does....then I'll be really sad...for what that might mean for my race. So after no wine for days upon days, I'm going to sit down to raviolis, chilled sauv blanc, and a little attitude adjustment.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

11.5 miles done. Very cranky legs at start but finished stronger. Way over my goal time. Oh well. I'm chalking this one up to an Unexpected warm day and 100% humidity. I was fully expecting to see a coyote in the mist after watching a David Suzuki special last night. Next long run is Friday (13-14) before the in laws  visit.

Happy Saturday,, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Good for you, Ayola! There's no denying the effect of heat and humidity on pace. Slowing down is simply the safest most sensible way to complete the run.   In laws? (shudder) How long will they stay? Do you enjoy their company?

I had cranky tired legs today too and they never got any better. Overall the run went well, but it was an effort the whole way and I was unable to run faster in the last 5 miles as planned. Still I came within a minute of my goal time for today's run; so not too bad. Even better, my right tush didn't act up and derail things. It's sore, but not cramping.  So....improvement.

The Camelbak is working out well. Comfortable, no chafing, only drank half of it today! Hard to believe that I didn't drink any more than I did last week for 13 miles! It's cooler today, but I still take a drink every mile.  I think maybe I was working so hard, I might have missed a few times though.

MTA Funny thing with the Camelbak today - filled full, so no air to begin with, but unlike last week - this time, it sloshed.  BUT the sound was quite similar to someone's footsteps running just behind you.  When it first started, that's what I thought the sound was. So now I have an imaginary running buddy for my LRBig grin

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay, I got into Boston!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Happy for you Russ!!!

Boston!  I really want to go to support the runners, perhaps I could combine it with a Maine weekend.

Happy, good run - great looking log!

Gotta get to the office and put in some extra time - I think today's workout is a walk on the waterfront.

Have a great Sunday, A

PS I like my in laws quite a bit, but there's quite alot of house cleaning, cooking and husband birthday prep that goes into this week. Hence, office work today.

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Soooooo.......Puke.....the ultra yesterday?  I think your time was FANTASTIC!  How are you feeling today? How did you feel yesterday? How was the weather? What was the course like?  How did your buddy do? Any pics?

Soooooo.......Puke.....the ultra yesterday?  I think your time was FANTASTIC!  How are you feeling today? How did you feel yesterday? How was the weather? What was the course like?  How did your buddy do? Any pics?

Yeah, pretty happy about 6:51 for 66.4 km.  Even managed my 3rd fastest half marathon, 2nd fastest marathon (3:57) and fastest 50 km (4:56).  Although the final 20 km was into a strong head wind so that sucked.  Other than that it was a pretty good day weather wise, no rain, not too hot.

Getting used to the course now, 3rd time finisher, and it is still my favourite road ultra. Couple of good hills, a really long downhill or two and some unsealed road in places.  The bit between 51 and 57 km is really bad gravel, chunky and uneven.  But the best think is the support on the course as this is predominately a relay race, so we had all the relay teams cheering us on, which was really cool.

Unfortunately not too many photos, left my father in charge of the camera and ended up with lots of me as a speck in the distance Roll eyes

Not sure where I placed, 5th or 6th out of 11 maybe.  I do remember getting passed by the eventual winner at the 40 km mark and she was just like a train.  I understand she ran up all the hills. Awesome.

MTA it was 16 minutes off my previous best for this course, without actually training.  Might be on to something..........

Day after, really sore, next day a bit better, today I biked to work. Still a bit fatigued and sore but not too bad.  Nothing planned for a while, definitely not doing 24 hour.

So Happy, is it the marathon this weekend?

Congrats on the Boston entry Russ, and good work with the LR Ayola

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Awesome results, Puke! and all that improvement without seriously training for it --- I'm your eager studentClown

Having cheering supporters throughout the course can really boost morale and makes it feel festive.

Too bad about the photos. I'm sure Dad's disappointed too. Does he live near you? He could practice taking pics of you on training runs.

My race is Oct. 13 so I have a month to go. Two more weeks of training

before  time!

MYA I just noticed that for the month of August I reached 196 miles - the most ever and last week's 51 miles - also the most ever. Yay running!Big grin

MYA I just noticed that for the month of August I reached 196 miles - the most ever and last week's 51 miles - also the most ever. Yay running!Big grin

Woop Woop.  That's great mileage

Not too concerned with the photos from my dad, shouldn't expect too much from a 73 yo.  Especially since he spends all day crewing for me. :-)  Although he has gone AWOL a couple of times and left me without water Big grin

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

he spends all day crewing for me. :-)  

Although he has gone AWOL a couple of times and left me without water Big grin

Puke, the first is a definite sign of how proud he is of you. I think it's wonderful he supports you like that.

The second, well that just might be his age showing.Smile

Was wondering if the headwind you had to deal with is typically a factor at the Marton Ultra?

Ayola: How is your running going this week???

Congrats Pukekura - how about one photo...

Happy - runs this week have been difficult, the legs feel dead. I ran 7 today instead of the LR and I'll try for 6 tomorrow (ill sneak out before everyone gets up). its taking a long time for my body to re-adjust  back up to the 25-30 mile week.  Feeling like a dud.

On a good note,  we are getting an "Indian summer" here. Its  been 70F and beautiful for the last week.

happy Friday, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Ayola - my legs are your legs since yesterday - ugh! Wondering how I'll manage tomorrows MP 14er. Hoping today off will help. I'm probably paying the price for such a wonderful Wed tempo run.

"Congrats Pukekura - how about one photo..."

or we could look back at last year's pics:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000Km/forum/ae336632e0db45ad83afe0890d368294/1

Those are some good shots of him in that bunch!

I especially like this one for the fun and frivolity of it :-)

42km

Ayola - my legs are your legs since yesterday - ugh! Wondering how I'll manage tomorrows MP 14er. Hoping today off will help. I'm probably paying the price for such a wonderful Wed tempo run.

"Congrats Pukekura - how about one photo..."

or we could look back at last year's pics:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000Km/forum/ae336632e0db45ad83afe0890d368294/1

Those are some good shots of him in that bunch!

I especially like this one for the fun and frivolity of it :-)

Love that one from last year.  Every thing that ultras should be :-)

No photos yet, waiting for my Mum and Dad to figure out how to get the photos from the SD card to the computer so they can e-mail them to me.....knew I should have done it before we headed home Roll eyes

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Not from Marton to Wanganui but a charity relay run up a large hill today.  First day running for 2 weeks. Only 3km but a steep hill

That's me on the right.  We had to wear yellow, but a couple of our team went the extra mile and dressed in Pikachu onesies

Dreamchaser Realy

Goals 2016

Do stuff