2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 17-23 May (Read 528 times)

...---...

I'll bet there were guys trying to hand you those cards with hookers too. 

Yep. Every 0.1 mile or so. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trey- Sorry the running in Vegas wasn't very good.  I had hoped for a lot better myself.  The important question is, how did the gambling go?  I'm addicted to blackjack like it's crack.

Russ- Hookers?  I thought they were just Las Vegas collector cards.  I hope my wife doesn't find out she will make me throw them away.

10K easy today with 0.3 barefoot at the end.  It has been a while for the BF thing and it felt good to do a little loop.  With no big races coming up this year I can spend some time BF and not worry about an injury.  Maybe my new goal for the year would be to race a 5K BF (slowly).

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ- Hookers?  I thought they were just Las Vegas collector cards.  I hope my wife doesn't find out she will make me throw them away.

Yeah, hookers. And the thing that really pisses me off is when I'm walking down the strip hand-in-hand with DW and they STILL try to shove those hooker calling cards at me. Makes me want to punch them out. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hookers! I've never been to LV and have no incentive to go... Anyways good luck with your trail marathon Perfesser - I'll check in with HM results on Sunday or Monday - A

Recalculating...

...---...

Trey- Sorry the running in Vegas wasn't very good.  I had hoped for a lot better myself.  The important question is, how did the gambling go?  I'm addicted to blackjack like it's crack.

I came out even. The only slots that pay anything are the high dollar one's. Off of 40 bucks, I made some "seed money" that I took to the black jack tables. $500 goes fast in Vegas. But at least I pocketed my $40 before black jack took it all back. Eh, I'm not much of a gambler so that was enough for me. The food was incredible. Gotta put in some serious miles this weekend as a result. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

HappyFeat

Best wishes for good luck and fast feet this weekend, Ayola and PerfesserR (nimble feet too).

Hope all goes well for you.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Interval day today... did 800/600/400/400/200/200/200/200 all at just faster than my target mile pace...

It was very windy, and the workout was not that challenging... I'm kinda starting to rethink my goal pace... Perhaps I can go faster... Not sure tho, as the race will be at almost 6500 feet elevation... that's gotta count for something right?

We shall see...

Long run tomorrow morning... It looks like rain/snow tonite, and about 30 degrees in the morning... I forget, is this May or late February?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Perfesser: good luck today. Run like the wind

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Quick report:

It was a good day. The course is very nice--shady, twisty and hilly but about 99% runnable. Never a dull moment, constant climbs, descents, turns, some rocks and roots. It stayed cool until about mile 20 then started to get uncomfortable. I ran the first loop with DW which helped keep a conservative pace and passed about a dozen runners in the second loop, finished feeling tired but didn't bonk. 

About 4:57 (I forgot to stop my watch). GPS tends to measure twisty trail courses quite short but I'm confident this course was measured at 42,195 m (Rock/Creek runs a lot of trail races and they know what they're doing). I'm happy to have run under 5:00 on this course, I think all the trail runs I've done in training paid off. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

whooo hoooo!!  nicely done, Russ. Sounds like it was challenging and enjoyable. Good for you!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Great job, Russ!

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Just a dude.

Impressive work... Great job!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Congrats Perfesser! Well done

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

A liitle dissapointed 2:24, details later time for lunch !

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks peeps. I'm hardly sore today, the trails are much kinder than roads.

Except for a sore, tender spot and bruise on the top of my right foot. That's weird, I wonder if I had my laces too tight (I keep them pretty tight because it seems to reduce the spasms in that foot).

Anyway a little mile jog on the TM and aside from the foot I felt fine.