2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 9/22 - 9/29 (Read 255 times)

...---...

Planned rest day today. Monday's suck. From now on, Monday's are designated Ale or Lager of the month day. Cheers. MTA: Ennay - tapper from last week's thread. You make me laugh.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The Monday after your first HM rocks, however! Big grin

...---...

8 miles. First mile warm up pace, next 2 at tempo pace, and the next 5 at easy pace. After the 2nd tempo mile, my right IT band (outer knee) reminded me that I had aggravated it this past weekend and that I should just chill out on the intensity thing. And so I did, and so I will. At this point, all I really need to do is get in the miles, eat well, hydrate, rest, and stretch wisely. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Great weather for running this week. Feels great.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

8 miles. First mile warm up pace, next 2 at tempo pace, and the next 5 at easy pace. After the 2nd tempo mile, my right IT band (outer knee) reminded me that I had aggravated it this past weekend and that I should just chill out on the intensity thing. And so I did, and so I will. At this point, all I really need to do is get in the miles, eat well, hydrate, rest, and stretch wisely. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Great weather for running this week. Feels great.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Hi Trey, mostly talking to yourself Big grin You must be old LOL Early meetings on Mon and Tue. Long days. And in another part of the country. So had to be in the car by 7AM at the latests. I'm so not used to that. Anyways, no running. And today (it's already Wednesday) I'm just feeling really tired and cold. Dead And it's raining. And I'm so not motivated to run.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

BTW, I think I know what's up with me and the lack of motivation to get up early and run. I achieved all the running goals I set myself back in 2004: run all race distances at least once. Finishing the marathon back in May, I achieved them all. I'd like to run 4 more marathons in 4 different countries. Particularly London in 2010. But those are not really goals. Just something I'd like to do. Maybe for a while I should just run for fun? Would that get me out of bed and out the door at 5AM? Tired or not? I mean, I enjoy running. But I only seem to get my butt out there 3xweek lately.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Managed a 10.175K run this morning. Went out as soon as it stopped raining. I'll be late for work now Tongue

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

BTW, I think I know what's up with me and the lack of motivation to get up early and run. I achieved all the running goals I set myself back in 2004: run all race distances at least once. Finishing the marathon back in May, I achieved them all. I'd like to run 4 more marathons in 4 different countries. Particularly London in 2010. But those are not really goals. Just something I'd like to do. Maybe for a while I should just run for fun? Would that get me out of bed and out the door at 5AM? Tired or not? I mean, I enjoy running. But I only seem to get my butt out there 3xweek lately.
                  set more goals!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

LOL Dutchie - yeah, I'm no spring chicken anymore. But I've been talking to myself for years now...maybe I'm just a touch crazy too. London 2010 sounds like a fine goal to me. Maybe tack on the goal of beating your previous marathon time. Maybe start thinking about some of the shorter ultra distances. Maybe there's a triathlon relay you could do with a team where you did the swim, bike or run? That way, others are depending on you to train. Of course the biggest motivation things for have been: 1. sign up for the race. if I don't train, I know I'll be in trouble. 2. Ennay will hurt me with the pink boxing gloves of doom if I don't run. Big grin 3. I know that I'll get out of shape and the health related things that could happen to me as a result (heart disease in particular). 4. did I mention Ennay's gloves of doom? Hope all is well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

OH, yeah, I have been derelect in my PGOD threats latelly. Dutchie, get your ass out and run! Angry

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Signing up for a race has always been a great motivator. But I've backed out of all the races I signed up for this fall cause I'm soooo fed up with running according to a training schedule. I've been doing that since January 2004. That's why I thought just running for fun, whatever distance I feel like might help?

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

I like having distance goals. My 100 mile a month goal has been working well for me. Last week was a bad running week and went on a mini vacation this past weekend to Palm Springs. It's hot out there but nice and relaxing. Also went horseback riding, that was fun.

...---...

6 easy miles at about 10 min pace. minimized hills, wore a knee strap, and learned some additional IT band stretches. Something in all this has helped - knee area felt pretty good during and after run. Now I'm off to ice my knee.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Rest day that included a massage. The massage therapist (who has been inducted into the Maine Runners Hall of Fame, I found out today!) said my quads were a little tight, but not bad at all. Whoo hoo! Big change from the last time I saw him.

Imminent Catastrophe

You guys (non-gender-specific-guys)--I'm jealous. I think what I've got is Achilles tendiitis which is not good, but certainly better than a stress fracture. I've done some stationary bike and some elliptical, and hope to start some cautious running this week. Better to nip it in the bud than aggravate it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016