2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 16 Feb - 22 Feb (Read 461 times)

Dutchie42

Evening all, Did a 10K treadmill run. Was great, as usual lately

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Jill_B

I fly.

Hmm, well Monday I did 5 on the Treadmill and Tuesday I did 5 on the treadmill and Wednesday I did 5 on the treadmill and Thursday I did 5 on the treadmill and today I did 5 on the treadmill... boring week I guess. Tomorrow I'm looking at either 10 or 12 depending on how early I get started. Have a great weekend!

Bring it on.

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm also contemplating getting a Garmin 305 or 405. I was leaning towards the 405 but the more I read about it, I'm not sure it's worth almost double the price of the 305.
        I've got the 305 and love it. The only features it doesn't have is the touch screen and wireless communication with a computer for data upload. For me, that was NOT worth twice the price at the time I bought mine. Now, though, they're both listed at $299 on the Garmin site. Quick product search at Google has the 305 as low as 145 and the 405 as low as 255. You'll enjoy either.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I did my longest training run for this marathon yesterday. I did 24 miles with no problems. No blisters, no chaffing, no joint pain, Just some sore muscles! I didn't even feel like I needed an ice bath afterwords. That has to be the first time ever. I guess I have finally figured out all the equipment and supplements. My weight has been a steady 164 for two weeks now and I think that is helping too. I had no signs of bonking on this run and I know I easily could have done the last 2 miles. Of course this run was a training pace not at race pace but I think it's a good sign. Yapper - I know you will catch the bunny soon. Let's get that bunny to the second page!

...---...

Costco has the 305 for less than $299 - not sure if the HR strap is included - but worth checking if you have a membership. If you do go with the Costco 305, make sure to pick up a package of the dried mangos which are delicious.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

But while in Costco stay as far away from the chocolate and caramel coated macadamian nuts as possible. They are too yummy and there is no way to stop yourself from eating the whole package. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Bring it on.

Dutchie42

Went out for a short 4.5K loop out on the road, cause, well, it was the first time in a very long time that I ran outside and I was slightly worried about the impact on my foot. And, the doggies hadn't been running with me in a long time either. It went well though. Saw two deer. I missed that, seeing wildlife. Doggies were on leash. But tomorrow for my long run, it's back on the old trusted treadie. My stride out on the road (avg 100) is slightly shorter than on the TM (avg 106). But my index is higher on the road (avg 46) than on the TM (avg 40). I still haven't figured out what exactly is measured by the index.

Dutchie

AnneCA

I've got the 305 and love it. The only features it doesn't have is the touch screen and wireless communication with a computer for data upload. For me, that was NOT worth twice the price at the time I bought mine.
                  +1 I guess the 405 is much smaller and watch-like, but I haven't minded having the box on my wrist. Also, the 405 does seem to have experienced a fair number of first-gen growing pains, bug fixes, etc. My 305 has been very reliable. I'm sick. Just sniffly, but I'm using it as an excuse to take the day off. Still might do this 10k relay tomorrow, if the weather holds. Heffa -- way to go on the long run! You're ready! It must be especially nice to feel like you've figured out the logistics of it for you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

The 305 is going for about $170 and the 405 is going for $350. I have all these points on my credit card and I'm thinking about using them to get a gift card and buying one. We used to get target gift cards with them but they discontinued those. I'm trying to motivate right now to go for a long run. I figured reading the forums might motivate me to go run.
                    Dutchie42

Aaron: how was your run?

Dutchie

Gig

My stride out on the road (avg 100) is slightly shorter than on the TM (avg 106). But my index is higher on the road (avg 46) than on the TM (avg 40). I still haven't figured out what exactly is measured by the index.
                        To paraphrase Marlin from Finding Nemo, "You're really cute, but I have no idea what you're saying." Heffa: Sounds like your ready. Stay healthy and have an excellent race. Aaron: Looking for inspiration? See Heffa's post. I did 8 miles today. 2 @ 9:00 pace (almost) 2 @ 8:45 pace (almost) 2 @ 8:30 pace 1 @ 8:00 pace (went a little nuts, and did a 7:34 mile instead) 1 mile cooldown So, like, is this a real workout? Is there a name for it. I tend to read a lot about training techniques, and then I go out and make up my own thing based on the vague recollections of what I've read. (That's also how I cook.)

I run for Fried Chicken!

I did my run, ran 11 miles. One of my longest runs ever. Not a great run though. I should have had a more substantial breakfast before I went out on my run, I had a little bowl of oatmeal and by about mile 2, I was starving. I was pretty tired by about mile 8 but I kept on going. Now I really need a nap.

...---...

18 miles today with pretty much even splits, despite windy conditions. No IT Band issues (knock on wood). Left outer hip is a little sore/stiff. But overall, I 'm feeling pretty good. The one thing I like about the 205/305 interface is the larger screen and larger buttons. The size hasn't really bothered me but I can see the appeal of the 405. Perfesser has a 405, I think. What say you?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey-- 18-miler! Good work, and on track for ING Georgia. About the 405--It's great. I really like being able to download runs and analyze all those parameters. However, I have to say that the 305 is probably the better bet. The 405 is nice but has a LOT of issues with the wireless link (it's wireless only, no USB plug-in option). And the 305 has a bigger screen and more options. If you don't mind the bigger watch, I'd go with the 305 and avoid all the hassles with the wireless 405. I've had problems getting the bluetooth (wireless) link to work with the 405, particularly with the Mac, and would recommend the 305.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

But while in Costco stay as far away from the chocolate and caramel coated macadamian nuts as possible. They are too yummy and there is no way to stop yourself from eating the whole package. Trust me, I speak from experience.
                                I came this close (thumb and forefinger with minimal distance between them) to getting them last time. Looks like I'll have to go back there SOON!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12