2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 18-24 October (Read 371 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone,

New week, let's make it a good one Clown

Was up before the alarm went off. And do I regret it now.. I'm sooo sleepy.

Did a 49 minute UB workout, working my chest, shoulders and triceps. Followed by a 31 minute LB w/o, skipping the warm up. The workout starts with walking lunges, and I figured that was enough to warm up my legs. Legs felt sore, and knees felt tender. But after working my legs, everything was feeling great. Last, but not least, a very short recovery run: 10 minutes equaling 1.53 kilometers.

Feeling great, but sleepy. It's going to be a hard day in the office. Maybe I should take the afternoon off?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Ouch, my L-butt cheek is really hurting. I woke up on Tue morning with this sharp, bad pain deep in my left butt cheek. Last night it hurt so bad as I was trying to go down and back up the stairs, that I was literally sick to my stomach, to the point of almost vomiting. When I woke up this morning it was still painful, but not as bad as last night. I have no idea what happened.
      When I move about it starts to feel a little better. So I decided to try and run... it was painful, but not more so then when I'm just standing or walking around.

15 min @ 9K with a walkbreak about every 2-3 minutes to stretch my very tight calfs.

10 min @ 9.5K with a walkbreak about every 4 minutes. I then assumed my legs/butt were now thoroughly warmed up and I could push through the tightness in my calfs

22:30 min @ 9.5K, no walkbreaks

I think my tight calfs distracted my brain from the pain in my butt Wink

Dutchie

Can you believe Boston sold out in 8 hours.  I'm so happy that I wasn't trying to sign up this year, I would have missed it for sure.  Looks like the qualifying times are going to get tougher pretty soon.  Maybe I should start putting my name in the lottery for NY instead.

Wow, I missed a weekend filled with PRs! Good job everyone.

Getting back on track after a fun weekend, yesterday I had my first workout (legs) with trainer in two weeks now that the "race season" is over for me she's planning some more difficult exercises. (Dutchie - my butt hurts too!) and this morning a nice easy 3 mile run.

Working on some new running goals, but for right now I'm adding some weight training to lose more body fat for next season, running without a watch (I already know I'm slow - I'll save all of the pace running and heart rate blah blah for January when I'm really bored) and I'm going to try some new routes and easy trails before the snow flies...

Happy wednesday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Decent 6.7 today, working the hills hard. 

Now will someone PLEASE stomp that bunny and slow him down?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Decent 6.7 today, working the hills hard. 

Now will someone PLEASE stomp that bunny and slow him down?

My sentiments EXACTLYJoking. I'm heading out to do an 8-miler; but I think that only puts me ahead for this evening and tomorrow I'll be behind him again. It's a game of leapfrog for now.

I took last night off due to various twinges and tightness, did yoga instead, feel better today...now if I can just get my mitts outa the pretzel bag and off the computer! I need to change and get out the door. I'm the self proclaimed Queen of Dawdlers.

MTA: How worrisome about Geogia's mystery illness. Glad you have a veterinary neurologist to evaluate her, PerfesserR. Hope she starts to improve soon. Sending doggie ((((hugs))))  and healing thoughts her way.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Happy, thanks for the doggie hugs. She got them, she ad a good day and ate well. And BTW, pretzels are good!

It'll be leapfrog with the rodent for me too, until NYCM, then I hope to leave him behind on the Verrazano Narrows Bridge for good. 

heffa, I agree about Boston, I figured days, not hours for it to fill. Used to be if you crossed the finish line under the qualifying time you could celebrate. Now, you have to sweat the registration too. Somehow Boston just lost some luster. If they toughen the standards then Boston is dead to me. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Fantastic run this morning, albeit on the TM Smile Nice and easy. Listening to Superstrings and watching a movie. Only occasionaly noticed the pain in my L-butt. It's either getting better, or the movie/music were so distracting I didn't notice Joking L-leg started to feel a litlte funny after about 40 minutes. I've tried to look up the symptoms online, and I'm wondering if it's piriformis something?  

Did a 25 minute step-interval w/o immediately after the run. That used to be really hard, but not today.

Boston apparently is a popular race. I'll never BQ, so it won't ever be a problem for me. But we have this same thing going one with the 10 mile Dam-to-Dam race that I always run in Sept.

Perfesser: wonder what Georgia's got? The others arent affected so it's not contagious (sp)?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Fantastic run this morning, albeit on the TM Smile Nice and easy. Listening to Superstrings and watching a movie. Only occasionaly noticed the pain in my L-butt. It's either getting better, or the movie/music were so distracting I didn't notice Joking L-leg started to feel a litlte funny after about 40 minutes. I've tried to look up the symptoms online, and I'm wondering if it's piriformis something?  

Did a 25 minute step-interval w/o immediately after the run. That used to be really hard, but not today.

Boston apparently is a popular race. I'll never BQ, so it won't ever be a problem for me. But we have this same thing going one with the 10 mile Dam-to-Dam race that I always run in Sept.

Perfesser: wonder what Georgia's got? The others arent affected so it's not contagious (sp)?

Glad to hear your butt's better! Big grin

With Georgia it seems to be something with her equilibrium and balance, it's weird and our local vet is stumped.

OK everybody, let's get those butts in shape!

Kelly - I saw the results from your 5K last week, very impressive!  Looks like you are going through a rough patch now though.  What's happening?

HappyFeat

I had the most lovely run last night - continuing my plan of a Wednesday night medium-length run - did 8 miles without looking at the watch - so relaxing and comfortable - the full moon made it light enough to see the mountains silhouetted against the sky. The last mile was a little hard. My last two weeks have been just over 30 miles for the first time in a while and I think that accounts for the ultimately slow pace and more difficult final mile - but not a bad run at all.  Since it wasn't pitch dark, it was a good experiment to see if I'm over last year's "fear of the bogeyman in the dark" issue. This is my second run this year in the dark and I think I'm over it for the most part. 

Hope everyone enjoys their runs today.

I too would like to hear an update from Kelly.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

OK everybody, let's get those butts in shape!

Kelly - I saw the results from your 5K last week, very impressive!  Looks like you are going through a rough patch now though.  What's happening?

Thanks!

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/39e9e636ae1a41ff97f0cfa5efb8155b

That about sums it up...

Doctor appointment tomorrow morning... /shrug

Quite frustrating... :-(

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Perfesser: isn't it a virus? People can get that when they've had the flu and it somehow effects the ear causing problems with equilibrium and balance. I had that about 18 months ago. Luckily it got better after a few weeks. My doc explained it but I've forgotten.

Kelly: sorry to hear about the ankle. You've only been running for 10 months?!!! And your mileage is 60+ miles per week (3.350 kilometers this year)?!!! I think you were builidng your mileage way too fast too soon and you might have landed yourself with an overuse injury. Hope your doc and/or PT can help you quickly.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Well, went to the doc this morning...

They are doing test for peripheral vascular disease.  /shrug

I haven't researched that much, but from what I understand, it's not the problem... But they are all concerned about it and want to rule it out first.  Whatever... Feels like a waste of time and money...

I've done almost total rest for most of a week... It's starting to make me grumpy and frustrated... 

/sigh

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: isn't it a virus? People can get that when they've had the flu and it somehow effects the ear causing problems with equilibrium and balance. I had that about 18 months ago. Luckily it got better after a few weeks. My doc explained it but I've forgotten.

We're hoping it's an ear infection, because otherwise it's probably pretty serious. She has good and bad days.