2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 25 February (Read 289 times)

Dutchie42

Just starting us for the new week. I'm about to go to my Monday swim class. Have a good week all.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

wieghts today.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Had a great swim: 700 meters in all. And some water polo (is that what you call it too?) exercises with a ball. Fun.

Dutchie

dork.major dork.

I also have no dog. To pick up on the theme of dogless runners... Someday. I ran 5.8 miles tonight. Good pace. Felt great, we'll see if I can maintain consistency and motivation through the work week.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Was up late, so instead of a run I did an upper body endurance strength training, pyramid style. Plus abs. Will do my run after work then. I'm so fed up with running in the dark!

Dutchie

Marquess of Utopia

Was up late, so instead of a run I did an upper body endurance strength training, pyramid style. Plus abs. Will do my run after work then. I'm so fed up with running in the dark!
              I'm fed up with this winter. It snowed again last night. (we've had 24 snow falls this year) Today is a tempo run day, but the roads are icey, I think I'll run slower today.

A Saucy Wench

5.9 (in the dark and cold) craptacular miles. At one point my watch said 12 mm for about 1/2 mile. geez.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Should've gone out for a run after work, but needed the bathroom like every 20 minutes. Huh? My tummy is all blown up like a gassy whale too. Making all kinds of noises. Now what?

Dutchie

...---...

5.2 M tempo run on a treadmill. Hope everyone will get a break from the snow and ice soon!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

Did a hill workout on the treadmill tonight (3.6miles) kicked my arse and then lifted some weights. Recovery run tomorrow to work some lactic acid out of my legs.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I run for Fried Chicken!

7 at the gym tonight. It was a really tough run for some reason, just couldn't get into the rhythm of running. I wanted to quit around mile 4 but then I saw a friend and ended up talking to her for about a mile and that really helped pass some time. Also, broke 200 miles this year and ahead of my 100 miles a month goal. Pretty happy about that.

A Saucy Wench

8.1 miles with 7x 800m intervals and 400m recovery. Ick. Havent done intervals in months.

Imminent Catastrophe

4 miles. Dreadmill. Not much else to say.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

7.12K interval on the TM. I initially started out debating whether I should run or not while driving home. When I got home I made the decision to run 3K only. As I was running and was doing really well, I thought I should run 30 minutes. When the clock on the TM said 30min. I wasn't far off the 5K. So why not finish till I got to 5K. When I got there I realised that I was only a few minutes away from the originally planned 6K. So why not. I finished the 6K in 38:02min. Then I decided to make it a full 40 minutes. Nice round number. But I later decided that 6.5K would be a nicer round number. But when I reached that I thought 45 minutes would be really good today. So I did. Well, that's how I often talk myself into a longer run on the TM. You won't find me doing that when I'm outside with the dogs Clowning around ETA: in case your wondering why I was debating to run at all, I hurt my ankle in the office. Don't ask me how, cause I don't know, but I suddenly had a painful right ankle. No reason that I could find. It's still painful to the touch. So I'm just not touching Big grin

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

7.12K interval on the TM. I initially started out debating whether I should run or not while driving home. When I got home I made the decision to run 3K only. As I was running and was doing really well, I thought I should run 30 minutes. When the clock on the TM said 30min. I wasn't far off the 5K. So why not finish till I got to 5K. When I got there I realised that I was only a few minutes away from the originally planned 6K. So why not. I finished the 6K in 38:02min. Then I decided to make it a full 40 minutes. Nice round number. But I later decided that 6.5K would be a nicer round number. But when I reached that I thought 45 minutes would be really good today. So I did. Well, that's how I often talk myself into a longer run on the TM. You won't find me doing that when I'm outside with the dogs Clowning around ETA: in case your wondering why I was debating to run at all, I hurt my ankle in the office. Don't ask me how, cause I don't know, but I suddenly had a painful right ankle. No reason that I could find. It's still painful to the touch. So I'm just not touching Big grin
                                Haha, you sound like me on the TM. I was only going to run 6m yesterday but then I though, another .5m is only another 5 mins or so, then I get to 6.5m and then well I'm so close to 7m, just another 5 mins, I don't have anywhere else to be. It's definitely easier to do that on the TM rather than outside.