2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 2 - 8 Nov (Read 373 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning peeps,

Whole new month! Perfect for me to start building up my fitness level again

Did 3.1 kms on the TM today. I know, that's not much but I didn't want to overdo it. Plus I kinda spent too much time on the internet this morning and just ran out of time

We were rather quiet last week. Let's be a mind more vocal this week.

Everyone have a great day and a most excellent workout.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Went for a brisk 3 mile walk today.  First "exercise" in 2 weeks.  Walking was almost completely pain free.  Tried to break into an extremely slow jog twice and the pain kicked in immediately.  I am very disappointed.  Guess I'll be sticking to walking for a little while longer.

Dog-Love

I have been traveling a lot lately  but today was able to get a wonderful run in in Berkeley.  Ran from my mom's house to the Strawberry Canyon Fire trail (my absolute favorite running spot in Berkeley) and although the hills were tough after not running much...it sure felt good.  I got to run in DC also last week and mostly just looked around the area while I ran.  Fun. 

I am sort of inspired by the NYC marathon and might try to sign up for the lottery for next year. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I am sort of inspired by the NYC marathon and might try to sign up for the lottery for next year. 

I was at mile 25 in Central Park watching, and that was just incredibly inspiring! Do enter the lottery, I'm a three-time loser so I'm guaranteed entry next year, and I can't wait. Hope to see you there!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

3 kilometer very easy run on the TM again:

1 kilometer@9K

1 min walkbreak

repeat 2x

Felt good, though I'm definitely still not fit.

Which was proved again when I added on a 22min LB w/o with weighted and non-weighted exercises (like explosive plie squats and lunges). Gosh I'm so not fit!

Dutchie

Knee hurt so bad during the night it woke me up.  When I got up and moved around it felt fine.  Third time that's happened.  Figure it must be the lateral stress on the knee while I sleep that causes it.  Did an easy 4+ with no problems.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Knee hurt so bad during the night it woke me up.  When I got up and moved around it felt fine.  Third time that's happened.  Figure it must be the lateral stress on the knee while I sleep that causes it.  Did an easy 4+ with no problems.

22 miles away and should get this week! 

Recovering from Columbus marathon and looking for redemption in rocket city - 12/12/09 ... sticking with that 3:45 goal.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Imminent Catastrophe

Buckeye-I'm running Rocket City too, in about the same goal time. See you there!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Another short TM run for me. This time I did Runerval 1.0 by Coach Troy. He says Base Pace + 3mph, but that's way too fast for me. So I did 9.5K for the faster intervals. Tomorrow will be a rest day. Or maybe I'll do strength?

1 min @ 9.5K (BP+3mph) } repeat 4x
                    1 min @ 9.0K (BP) }
                    1 min walkbreak (recovery pace)
                    repeat interval set

1 min @ 9.0K + 2% incline } repeat with 3%, 4% and 5% incline
                    1 min @ 9.0K (BP)             }
                    2min walkbreak (recovery pace)

45 sec @ 9.5K + 3% (BP + 3mph+ 3%) } repeat once
                    45 sec @ 9.0K (BP)                                 }
                    5 min cool down

Dutchie

Tried an eliptical yesterday.  That didn't feel bad at all.  It's really the impact that hurts.  I am a little extra sore today but I don't know if that is my 12 hour work days or the 5 min on the eliptical.  Now that the general pain is a little less I can tell better where the acute pains are coming from.  It's got me thinking sports hernia instead of groin pull.  That would be about the worst possible outcome in my opinion so I hope I am wrong.  I'm going to try a conservative eliptical workout tomorrow, that might give me more info.
                        Nice little 6+.  First time I've run on consecutive days in over two weeks.  A little stiff and sore, but not too bad.  Looks like I might cross the line next week.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Buckeye-I'm running Rocket City too, in about the same goal time. See you there!

Awesome .. Maybe we can log some miles together!

Been gaining on you YTD miles, but I hope you are getting healthy enough to hold me off  ... For a while anyways

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Dog-Love

5 miles today and I don't think I will hit this goal this year.  Next year though and I really enjoy this group so...don't think any less of me if I barely hit 1000 miles
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            Dutchie42

This morning it was endurance strength training: 20min LB, 38 min UB and 10 min abs. And now I have to run errands.

Crabby: I won't hit 2000K this year again too. Maybe next year

Dutchie

Dutchie42

I pulled out Runervals 3.0 - Cheetah Fast. I knew I wasn't ready for this one, but I needed a w/o that lasted 45 min. I tried to keep up with coach Troy with the speed intervals, but skipped all the inclines! I also had walk breaks when he said recovery pace. I didn't do too badly . Tough run. I had fun though.

Dutchie