2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 15-21 June (Read 287 times)

OK, I am pretty computer dumb, so this might not work but here is my attempt at posting a picture.

Dutchie42

heffa: nice legs

Fantastic run this gorgeous morning. Focused on push off and lifting my knees more. And it worked. I ran faster. So if I were to use one of my easy runs to focus on this every week, would it still be an easy run?

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

OBX Marathon is on my list too!

Today's a rest/travel day, and I need it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

New pool at the YMCA - need a lap suit (beach bathing suit not appropriate) someone told me that swimming is really good for loosening up tight hamstrings, calves and ankles. I hope I remember how to do it!

6 miles yesterday

3 today - 11:30m/m easy pace - feeling really easy

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

swimming is really good for loosening up tight hamstrings, calves and ankles. I hope I remember how to do it!

Ankles, yes. Calves, I don't think so. Mine would get horrific cramps when swimming. As in: "HELP, I'm drowning!!!". Hamstrings, I don't know. Never noticed it.

BTW, I mostly did freestyle.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

I don't know, but I'm guessing no competitive runner ever came out of the state of Florida.  I've been getting up at 5 a.m. and its still 77 and 100% humidity.  Some of the least fun runs ever.  Still there is a beach waiting when I get done, so I guess its not all bad.

For a study in contrast: when this picture was taken it was 45: Hmmmm...Picture not there today so I guess there's a problem with the link.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

10 miles this evening. I soaked every thread I was wearing from sweat - I've never completely drenched shorts before. Hard run, hillier than normal route and overall faster pace (HM pace or so). Did a few 100m - 200m strides at miles 8 - 9.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

10 miles this evening. I soaked every thread I was wearing from sweat - I've never completely drenched shorts before. Hard run, hillier than normal route and overall faster pace (HM pace or so). Did a few 100m - 200m strides at miles 8 - 9.

Get used to it. It's going to be a really hot week here in the SE. Heat indices in the 105-110 range the rest of the week.

OK, you Left Coast and Alaska peeps can stop gloating now.

MTA: And Netherlands, you too.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Get used to it. It's going to be a really hot week here in the SE. Heat indices in the 105-110 range the rest of the week.

Yeah - hope this means I'll be lightning fast in San Francisco. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Ugh, so hot and humid out that I actually did 8 miles on the TM, with 10x100m strides. It wasn't as tedious as a steady, easy run is.

It's going to be tough sticking with Pfitz with this heat and my travels. I was dripping with sweat just standing outside!

6 miles with a 4 mile tempo run today.  It was nice and hot and humid today.  I guess I should count myself lucky.  I live in the South and I like to run in the heat.  I think it feels great to be dripping with sweat within the first half mile.  I don't feel like I got a good run in unless my clothes are completely drenched when I'm done.  Today they were drenched....good run!

...---...

5 mile recovery run - only 75% drenched when I got done. I'm definitely getting used to the humidity. Luckily, a storm rolled through around 4PM that cooled things off so it was only 80 degrees at run time.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Wow I think I will gloat...58 degrees here in overcast Juneau...and I caught another 26 pound king salmon with my running/fishing buddy.  But I am down to less than 10 miles this week so I better get in gear one of these days. 

You guys are amazing running in the heat.  I remember when i was in school at UC Davis, I could run in the 80s but more than that...yech!  I have become a big hot weather wuss...unless of course it is associated with beaches and margaritas

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

It's hot. 5 1/2 miles  today and the last mile has a 1/2 mile 8-10% climb in the sun. Gasp.

BTW every run around here is hillwork, you can't avoid it. You'd think I would be better at it!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A real good day here.  0.8mi early this morning with my dogs followed up with a 3.7 mile run.  Then, a 4-miler at lunch (which fortunately was indoors on a 1/12 mile walking track).  8.5 miles for the day, 24.8 for the week, and 2 days to go, so I should finish above 30 miles.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.