2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 6 - 12 July (Read 368 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey - are easy and slow the same thing? LOL

For me, they're all slow. Some are easy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A great evening run.  Started around 7:30 and finished in the near dark.  Half mile warm-up and then 5.5 mile at 11:00 (theoretical MP) with the last 1.5 even "faster".  Back-to-back 6 mile days so I think I've earned the rest day for tomorrow.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

Didn't run yesterday cause I overslept. Really overslept. Didn't wake up till 7AM Mike had "accidentally" turned down the volume of my radio (with 100 watt speakers) down to zero. The radio is my alarm clock.

Today I didn't run cause I feel exhausted. I must have woken up like every 10 minutes with bad cramps in both (!) my feet. It was ridiculous. I had no idea what was going on. I jumped out of bed a couple of times per hour. Now I feel downright exhausted. 

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Okay, I amend my easy / slow proportionality from before; Heff was right. Did 7.3 slow miles this morning - several miles were not easy at all. I'm tight right now - trying to loosen up with stretching. It's getting better I think. I'm breaking out the foam roller and tennis ball after work.

Dutchie - hope you can rest up. I went through a "really tired" phase recently (couple weeks) but think it was mostly heat & humidity related. I've felt pretty darn good since running in the mornings. You're having a warmer summer than usual, yes? We just had a guy from work spend a week in Geel - he said it was pretty darn warm (and no air conditioning). Maybe the heat has you dragging a little. Are you over training?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Today is a rest day... I think we all need a good one sometimes

yesterday I had a 3 hour workout dancing at a wonderful wedding. calves and feet are unhappy today (high heels!) but I should be fine tomorrow.

I've been running light this week in preparation for an early long run tomorrow (13 miles) before a trip to Halifax for an interview.

Today's computer time waster will be figuring out how to upload routes onto my Garmin so I dont get lost running in the city.

Wish me luck!

A

Recalculating...

5 mile tempo for me today.  Nothing special to report.  It was a little warm but it was early enough that it wasn't too bad.  Today marks my second day of barefooting.  I did .25 miles yesterday and took the shoes off for the last .5 miles today during my cooldown.  I think I might like the barefoot thing!  We will just have to wait and see what kind of distance I can do.

Imminent Catastrophe

14.5 today, I got a late start, didn't get out the door until 11:00 and paid for it. So humid. The last few hills were pretty tough but a good leg workout I guess. I barely beat a nasty thunderstorm at the end!

I'm starting to get burnt out on this hot, humid running. Ugh.

MTA: Heffa, I have been doing short runs (up to 3 miles) in the Vibram Five Fingers and they feel great. You might give those a try. I'm slowly shifting toward lightweight, minimalist shoes and forefoot running.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Twelve miler this morning.  A little warm, but clouded up before the sun got too high.  Went great through the first 9 miles and then the wheels fell off.  Wasn't paying attention and took a couple of hills too fast.  Never really got over that.

As always, any run you finish is a good run.

Great rest of the weekend all.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

13 miles this morning - didn't get out until 7AM which made for a warmer run than I had wanted. But still, the first half was nice, there was a breeze that kept me cool. Around mile 6, I attacked a mile long hill (first 1/4 was steep), then did the next 5 at MP. Finished the last 2 a little slower...but of course by then, it was 80 degrees and my HR was getting up there just trying to keep a +30 sec MP.

Anyway, last hardish work out until marathon. It's all easy miles for the next 2 weeks. Now where did I put that beer?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Must have been long run day today.  I did a 13 miler as well.  PMP +30.  Went pretty well.  It was a little hot and my HR got a little higher than I wanted but overall not too bad.  I decided to keep my shoes on today .

Imminent Catastrophe

11.5 along the Ohio River, 6.5 @ MP. Scheduled for 16 but events conspired to limit my time. Still, 52.5 for the week, my most in over two years and most ever in a week that didn't include a marathon/50k. Even better, I'm uninjured and legs feel OK.

...---...

Awesome Russ. Hope to be up there in the next couple months.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Great week Russ!  Sounds like most of the board is really hitting their stride right now.  The injury free running throughout the board is probably the best news.