2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in Mar15-21 (Read 405 times)

17 miler is done!  Everything went well with nothing interesting to report.  No pains, good hydration, nice 52F temp.  I hope to get in two more long runs before starting my taper 3 weeks out.  Looks like about a 20 miler will be my longest run, it's going to have to be good enough.

Dog-Love

Well that sounded like a great 15 mile run! Perfect temps for a long run.  My long run is up at 8.5 miles now but we are still in a bit of snow and ice.  Can't wait to strip down to less clothes
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Dutchie42

Heffa: sounds like you are doing really well! Did you enjoy it?

Crabby: we had our last bit of snow a week ago. Temps are now up to 8C and rising. Sooo much better.

Did a 2.75 km easy run on the TM yesterday and added on a 30min LB and ab w/o. Plus a nice long stretch. Hip still noticeable and my R-butt cheek was hurting. Not sure what's going on there.

Supposed to do a 60 min hill run but think I'll just keep my runs short(er) and easy till my hip/butt feel better.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Ran in the dark this morning.  Man it's been a long time since I got to do that.  Discovered that since my coyote run-in I've gotten a little skittish.  Oh well, I'll get over it eventually.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

Yesterday was a 5.5K run, a 20min LB w/o (light weights/high reps) and an ab w/o.

Haven't felt fit since my relay run. Still tired and sleepy.

Dutchie

I did my first tempo run of my recovery.  4 miles at medium pace, just ran by heart rate and feel instead of time since I'm still pretty lost about where my fitness level is.  It felt really good to open it up a little bit.

Imminent Catastrophe

After a whopping 7.5 miles last week due to work/travel, I'm hoping to make this a good week, in the mid 30's. Monday was a nice 9.3 miles (I think, the Garmin battery crapped out after 8). Then 3 on the TM today doing a "hill" program.

I've decided to focus on trails/ultras for the next year so there will be a lot more hillwork and trail runs, and less (none) speedwork. Well, maybe some tempos/strides, but no more of that nasty VO2 track work. I HATE that stuff.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A short 3 yesterday afternoon in shorts! Its been above 10º here all week - so I decided to go out (even with a  little cold). I got the route for the HM so I'm starting to practice the hilly bits.

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

I am in DC and it is beautiful out so think  will run over to the capital and see how health care reform is going

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    The Plodder

Its half marathon day for me this Sunday - only my second ever (1st was same race 3 years ago).

I have run more miles in preparation this time, but am 7-10lbs heavier.

I broke two hours last time, but realistically this year i will be happy to break 2:10.

Will see how it goes, but what i want to do is just run this one race this year, then get 9 months worth of 30+ miles per week in, and if i am still going by Christmas, then attempt a marathon next year. I want to do one before i turn 40 in June 2011, so that i spend then following 10 years lowering that time.

Its half marathon day for me this Sunday - only my second ever (1st was same race 3 years ago).

Best of luck Plodder!  Have a great time and be sure to check back in and let us know how it went.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

After Boston I am thinking about shifting my focus more to tri's (for a couple of reasons).  Mostly because my body didn't like the miles I put in last year but also because I have more friends that tri then just run.  To that end I have decided to try out a small sprint tri next weekend.  It should be interesting.  I don't have ANY of the fancy tri gear so I will just be out there to have fun.  It's only 300m swim (YMCA pool), 10 mile bike (on my mountain bike), and a 5K.  I tried the transition from bike to run today.  That is going to take some getting used to!  I almost fell down when I started running.

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck Plodder!

I had a nice 6-mile trail run today and it kicked my butt, I'm really not in "trail shape". I hope to get in at least one trail run every week to prepare for the races I've planned for this year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Run like the wind Plodder

Perfesser: sometimes it's good not to run so much

Heffa: with all those tri friends you have, can't you borrow some stuff? At least for the swim? I'd love to do a sprint someday. I even trained for one. I can swim (every Dutch child learns to swim from the age of 4) but I actually had to learn freestyle to do it. But the whole open water swimming thing scared the crap out of me and I just never did it. 

Me: did a 10K tempo run yesterday morning. It's already light enough at 6AM to not have to use a headlight. Love it!

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Good luck with the Tris heffa.  I did one of those years ago... The swim kills me... I'm not very good on the bike either.  Tri-athletes have my respect.

Good luck Plodder... Hope the race goes well...

Today was one of those days that I just didn't feel like running... I didn't get home till after 9 pm.  I have a long day planned for tomorrow too, with a long run Saturday morning early with a group... I really wanted to get a medium long run in today...

I left my house not sure if I was gonna do 7 as planned or just cut it short to 3... or 2... Instead, I decided to try a new route and make the run longer.  I ended up with 7.6 running so easy i could almost breathe through my nose the whole way... 

I was looking at races earlier, and I think I'm gonna do one May 30... There is also one mid June that looks interesting, and one in mid July.  I'm hoping I can get a lot faster between now and then... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...