2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 22-28 June (Read 360 times)

...---...

Crabby - I'm nipping at your heals for the lead.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

OK Trey...Pressure is on.  I have been really slacking off but now you will find out how much I HATE to get passed.  I will try to run 6 today.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Okay then. It's on.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

10.6 long (Pfitz calls this a medium/long) run, with hillwork. It's a nice run along a creek that climbs about 800 ft in 5 miles. I also took a little spur up the Appalachian Trail. Sometime I'll go all the way up to Springer Mountain (the southern end of the AT). Trail running is so much fun! Not quite so hot today, about 82°.

BTW Trey I didn't see your Governor on the Trail. What's up with that dude?

While driving up there a minivan was coming toward me and a deer ran out of the woods and got hit head-on. It flew about 15 feet up in the air. spinning around, and hit the ground behind the van. I was sure it was badly injured but it got up and ran away on all 4 legs so I guess it's OK (probably hurting a lot though). Poor thing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

BTW Trey I didn't see your Governor on the Trail. What's up with that dude?

Ah yes, all of us South Carolinians are so proud of our Gov. What a tool. It is believed he used some state resources/funds for his travels to Argentina. 

In other news, I got in a nice 6.2 with my new Garmin 405! (cheers, confetti, balloons). I based th run tonight on keeping HR in the aerobic range...which was interesting to track. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

You went with the 405...cool! Enjoy.

Keeping the HR in the aerobic range in this heat, and throw in a few hills, well, it ain't easy. Sometimes it's impossible.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Yeah, let's just say I took a few walk breaks during some of the inclines.

I went to get the 305 from Costco but they were sold out. I wanted the 405 anyway.  

Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Jeez, only a 5K out&back loop but  I crashed and burned halfway. I do not run well on baked potatoes! Nice morning though.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Russ or other Mac - Garmin 405 users: can you not use Safari to upload data? There's a couple plugins I downloaded but they were only for IE and Firefox? Is that right?

Anything else a Mac/405 user might need to know?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I usually use Firefox to upload. I'll try Safari next time and see if it works.

...---...

Dutchie - there is a possible window that I'll be in Geel Belgium this October. I'm trying to push for trip dates so I could possibly do Brussels Marathon on Oct 4. (priorities right? ) . However, I could also be there around the same time of the Amsterdam Marathon (Oct 18). Looking at a google map, I don't think the travel to Amsterdam is too far from Geel/Brussells. Is it?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm not Dutchie but the train system there is so good that you can get just about anywhere pretty quickly.

4.2 on the treadmill, easy with 8x100 strides. Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm glad. Then 18 on Sunday.

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ or other Mac - Garmin 405 users: can you not use Safari to upload data? There's a couple plugins I downloaded but they were only for IE and Firefox? Is that right?

Anything else a Mac/405 user might need to know?

Just tried that and Safari doesn't work, even though I installed the latest Garmin plugin. I use Firefox, no problems. I also use Ascent, it's a really nice Mac training software app:

Here

It may seem redundant but I like to have my workouts on my Mac for when I can't get online.  Plus it can display and graph about a thousand different parameters (BTW it also works with my handheld Garmin). It's truly a geek's delight.

#1 tip: Lock the bezel. Otherwise a raindrop or drop of sweat hitting it or a sleeve brushing against it, just about anything can activate the touch-sensitive bezel and screw things up. I think this is how my ING data got erased (the mylar blanket brushed against the watch).

#2 tip: Quit the ANT agent before you unplug the ANTstick. Otherwise you may get a kernel panic crash.

#3 tip: The software works pretty well now but you might have occasional issues where the ANT stick is not recognized. I just quit and restart the ANT agent and it works. ALso the latest software patch won't install but since the one I have is working I don't mind.

Also there is a Forerunner 405 user group. You might already know that.

...---...

Russ- Man, I really appreciate this - makes some sense of what I thought were my issues but are really a few bugs. I *do* want a fat client (of sorts) because I can't get online all the time, awesome link. Glad to know your most recent firmware update didn't install either but like you, the older version is working fine so I;m okay with it.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Dutchie - there is a possible window that I'll be in Geel Belgium this October. I'm trying to push for trip dates so I could possibly do Brussels Marathon on Oct 4. (priorities right? ) . However, I could also be there around the same time of the Amsterdam Marathon (Oct 18). Looking at a google map, I don't think the travel to Amsterdam is too far from Geel/Brussells. Is it?

I just was in Brussels for work on Wednesday (day trip) and if you get on the international train it takes you to Amsterdam Schiphol in about 3 hrs. For the Amsterdam Marathon you'd have to switch trains at Schiphol (5 minutes) hop on the train to Lelystad and I think it's 2 or 3 stops (10 min) before you have to get off (RAI station). At this time I'm not sure if they will have special buses going between RAI and the stadium. Metro is another option: 2 stops I think.

By car it's about 2.5hrs (on a Sunday early morning), but parking is very limited near the stadium. You'd probably have to park at the edge of the city and use public transportation.

BTW, race starts at 10h30 so you wouldn't have to get up too early

Would be fun to meet up before the race

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.