2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in for 12/22-12/28 (Read 267 times)

Dutchie42

Everyone got their Xmas shopping done? Xmas menu's and snacks decided? Big grin I haven't.... Typical Roll eyes Did a chest and back w/o this morning and abs.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Wasn't in the mood for the TM so talked myself into 20 min. Ended up doing 7K total Wink 1K@9.0K 1K@9.5K 3K@10.0K 1K@9.5K 1K@9.0K Guess that makes it a tempo run. Running out of time, so have to do the LB tonight. That's what you get for talking with yourself for 30min whether you'll run or not Big grin

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good going on your "short" run, Dutchie! 6.0 miles on the TM for me yesterday. Christmas shopping and errands today for me, but I need to fit in a run, also.

...---...

Got in 7 on Sunday before my old nemesis, ITBS, returned. Too fast? Too many hills? Not enough stretching? I don't know. Thinking that I wont be able to do the marathon in March...maybe better to drop back to the half, which they will let you do for a modest fee. The last thing I want to do is push it, go in severely under prepared, and make things even worse. Regardless, great week ahead, looking forward to the holdiay and some short runs. I know Santa has been down to my favorite local running store. Have a great week all - Trey

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Darn, Trey, I hope that gets better soon. RICE!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Definitely don't push it Trey...Half marathon is sounding better to me all he time. Not much Xmas shopping to do ...we are keeping it minimal for sure. As with my running Got 3.5 in on the TM but hope to get out on the lake today
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Dutchie42

Finished shopping for Xmas pressies this evening. Then Jim and I went to watch the Xmas parade. Fun, but cold! While we were watching, the bike shop fixed the tail light on my bike. You can get a pretty steep fine for not having working lights on your bike. Even when you bike in daylight! Jim wanted a jacket and necktie for the xmas parties. Darn, he looks sooooo grown up. He'll wear dark blue jeans, white dress shirt, black corduroy sport coat and a very expensive (very grown up) black with dark grey pattern tie. Mike will wear dark blue jeans, black dress shirt and a silver grey tie he already had. I have no clue what I'll wear!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

3 miles today and yesterday on the dreadmill, the weather has been pretty nasty lately and it's kind of nice staying in the nice warm house watching a good show. Gotta get outside soon, though.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Very cold here, so I ran 6 miles on the TM yesterday, and 6 today. For some reason, I'm hating the TM more this year than last! It makes me grumpy. I will have to decide early tomorrow what to do, because the Y closes at noon. They're predicting a "wintry mix" overnight. Hmm, maybe I SHOULD go home to Texas for Christmas!

Dog-Love

Warmed up to 25 today and although really slow, I had a great run with my dog through the snow. It is drop dead gorgeous in Juneau this Xmas eve day.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Got in a nice 4.5 miler today with DW and dogs, in between rainstorms. Finally out of the house for a change!

Dutchie42

Is it Xmas Day where you guys are too? This morning I first did the training I was supposed to do yesterday and didn't: triceps and biceps plus abs (60:03min) Then did today's training. Had I gone outside for a run I would've done an out&back: run 30min easy, then turn round and run back, trying to be a bit faster. But I was on the TM so I simply did a negative split. 30min@9.0K 30min@9.5K Last 15 minutes were tough. Last 5 minutes I was even counting down: 5min....4...2...90 sec, 60... 30... 20...10...5..4..3..2..finished! Total mileage 9.27K according to the TM. Think it is of by 20 meters. R-foot seems fine. I'll take it out on the asphalt on Saturday for a short run with the doggies. See how it goes. TM is great for pacing myself and doing intervals. But I prefer the scenery and fresh air outside.

Dutchie

...---...

Happy Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, etc to all. Nice 5K last night in between rain. No IT issues, didn't push the pace or attack hills. Fingers crossed I'll be able to up the mileage a little next week. Santa brought me a pair of Mizuno Nirvanas - can't wait to run in them. Had a pair last year and loved them. I also got a way-cool pizza stone and a French Dutch oven. I'm thinking there's a homemade calzone and a coq au vin in our future as a result. Off to my parents home today. Will try to squeeze in a run at some point. Hope everyone has a great day. MTA: very foggy here this morning. I suppose this is as close as we get to a white christmas here in the South.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Happy Holidays to all. Got a couple of runs in this week after being sick and traveling the past 2 weeks. Ran 3 today and it started to rain halfway through. Was a nice 54f and raining pretty hard at the end of the run. 2nd time I've really ran in the rain and it felt nice actually, it actually felt warmer with the rain.

...---...

got in an awesome 5 miles - 68 degrees and sunny at run time.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12