2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check-in week 28 January (Read 296 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Dutchie: My original goal was 2:10, which is roughly a 10min pace. I still think it's doable even though I haven't trained at that speed that much but I've been running a lot of slow easy miles hoping to build a strong base. Ennay: If I ran it with my friend, it would be closer to an 11 - 11:30 pace which would be a nice easy long run pace for me. I think it would also help motivate her to finish strong. I could cheer for her when she's fading. Sorry to hear that everyone's not feeling well. There's been a ton of germs going around lately, more than half the office I'm in has been sick in the last month.
    Dutchie42

Aaron: strong running! Nothing to report. About 50 mph winds at 5AM this morning. Yes, we were victimised by this wicked south westerly storm last night. Guess nature is making me take a rest day. Wasn't in the mood for the TM this morning. I was actually very sleepy and glad it was storming outside. Wind died down a little during the day but picked up again as from late afternoon. Weather report said something about 40mph winds and hail storms for tonight and tomorrow morning. Yack! Guess I'll be on the TM then.... Dogs and boys are with my DX, so the house is all mine Big grin

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

BaldMike

Good luck Aaron, hope you have a great race either way you choose to go. Hope everyone can get to feeling better and rest up this weekend.
        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

A Saucy Wench

Was supposed to do a 1 mi w/u and 6 miles of 1/2M - 20K pace today. Heavy snow so did almost 2 miles of warmup to get out to where we wouldnt have to deal with intersections, then about 4 miles of slower than desired pace and then petered out ended up with 7.3 total...not a quality run though 13 on the calendar for tomorrow, hopefully the footing will be ok Aaron - long slow miles will do good things...I did almost all slow mileage last year with just a few races as speedwork and set PR's in every distance. Have fun!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Well folks, I have to say that running the Golden Gate Bridge, while a pacific storm was moving through was...well, tough. I froze my nuggets off, ran into a strong wind going down and stinging rain pelting me the whole time. The only thing keeping me going was the irish coffee awaiting me at the Buena Vista. I started at vista point because they had restrooms that I was able to change in. I also had stopped off at the Chrissy Feild Museum cafe for a cliff bar and bottled water on the way back. Still, the scenery from the pedestrian lane was spectacular. I encountered only 4 other runners and a few cyclists - they only had one pedestrian lane open this past Tuesday afternoon. We all acknoledged to each other the lunacy of running on that paticular day. I estimated about 3.5 miles for the trip - in a strong head wind, that was enough! But, I did it. CHeck that one off of the "things to do before I die." On Friday morning, I ran a section of Seal Beach down in the LA area. Big mistake - I should have stayed in Huntington Beach. The sand was so soft, I felt like I was dragging several concrete blocks behind me. Eventually I adandoned the filthy trash laden beach for the residential paved road just off the PCH. Based on time, I estimated about 4 miles, but it was probably a little more. After trodding along in the sandy muck, I also felt like that was enough. Besides, I had to catch my flight. Glad I left when I did because the 405 to the 105 was it's typical high volume congested traffic nightmare. Glad to be home near my faithful running routes.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice report! You'll always remember that bridge run. It's not all bad, on a nice day there are so many tourists that it's like being in the start of a big race--you spend all your time dodging them. I'm still on the DL for at least another week, much to Daisy's dislike. I hope to get the foot treated in a couple of weeks, then start back up again. It looks like I might be doing the half at ING, we'll see.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Body back in full working order, did just over 10 mi with my friend today. We are visiting her family in a much hillier area that the city where we live, so it was a long hill workout, of sorts. I was looking at my log for the month of January, and I ran 14 times with an average run length of 5.5. I think my goal for this month is to up the number of days and if that means the average run length goes down, at least it means that I'm fitting running into my life more consistently. Does anyone else have "February Goals"? ::eagerly awaiting Aaron's race report::

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Argh, so the forecast for tomorrow is rain. It's beautiful today and it should be pretty nice on Monday. But it's rain tomorrow for the HM. What luck! Sad http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=92605&hourly=1&yday=33&weekday=Sunday I'm leaning more towards racing it now just because it would get me out of the rain faster.

A Saucy Wench

Argh, so the forecast for tomorrow is rain. It's beautiful today and it should be pretty nice on Monday. But it's rain tomorrow for the HM. What luck! Sad http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=92605&hourly=1&yday=33&weekday=Sunday I'm leaning more towards racing it now just because it would get me out of the rain faster.
                    Ahhh but rain is GREAT racing weather....unless it is really cold windy rain. My best half experience was definitely 50 and rainy. ...OK the wind forecast could be a problem. Good luck!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

No dogs, so skipped the fun run yesterday (did a lot of cleaning Undecided) but did do an upper body strength training. Have been skipping those a lot lately, but I need to bring them back into my schedule cause (1) I look much better (and thinner) (2) it'll make me swim faster, I hope. Aaron: run with the wind and not much rain! GO Aaron, GO!

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Heavy rains, but the wind has died down. Have 24K planned so not sure if I'll go outside. I'll wait till the afternoon. See if the rain stops. No dogs to run with either. I might opt for the TM and a movie...

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Ran on the TM. You probably think I'm mental, but I thoroughly enjoyed msyelf today. Big grin on my face and singing/dancing with the music. 1st 10K in 1:09:22 hrs 2nd 10K in 1:03:18 hrs (3min at 9.0K/h, 3min at 9.5K/h, 3min at 10K/h and a 1min walkbreak) last 5K in 39:26 min. 4min at 9.0K/h and 4min at 9.5K/h with a 1 min. walkbreak. Last 200 meters at 30 second intervals of 10.0, 10.5, 11.0K/h. Had to big breaks when I had to go to the bathroom. I didn't stop time on my Polar for that. Did stop the TM My HR was pretty high from the start. Don't know if it was the time of day, or the big pasta dish I had for lunch. I feel great. I'm happy. My legs feel good. Aaron: how was your race.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Dutchie...25K on the dreadmill....mental doesnt seem quite strong enough of a term I had good running weather today!!!!!! The forecast was for mixed rain/snow, but it didn't precipitate, there was no wind and at one point I even saw SUNSHINE. 13.2 miles My garmin freaked out...this is the second time it has done this at about the same place. I go 2 miles and then the sucker starts TAKING MILEAGE AWAY. Bizarre. Aaron - eagerly awaiting a race report!

I run for Fried Chicken!

Umm.. I'm a wimp and a little disappointed at myself. I flaked on the race. Undecided I wasn't feeling all that great yesterday, had a sore throat all day and then I started running a fever last night. Woke up this morning and it was pouring rain and I wasn't feeling any better so I just decided to not do it. Even if it wasn't raining, I would have been tentative about doing it. I'm slight disappointed in myself for not doing it but I'm also trying to convince myself it was the smart thing to do and not get myself any sicker than I was.
                              Dutchie42

Aaron: if you didn't feel well, it WAS the smart thing to do. No shame in that. It doesn't make you a wimp, it makes you a smart athlete. There'll be other races you can do. We've all done it at least once. I know I have. How did your friend do? Ennay: LOL, well you think of a better word then LOL. But truly, I enjoyed myself the entire time! Music is key. And I like happy music. Music I can sing along, out loud or in my head when I'm going too fast to sing out loud. Music with the right beat: 140BPM when I'm still warming up or cooling down. 145-150BPM is perfect for me for 9-9.5K/h. I absolutely love it when my legs move in sync with the beat.

Dutchie