2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 5-11 July (Read 524 times)

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone,

It's a really lovely morning here. About 15C, nice breeze. Gorgeous start of the day.

Monday I did a 10K tempo run (or did I post that already in the other thread?).

This morning I started with pushups (12+8+4). Then did a LB w/o with some plyo thrown in and chest&back with medium weights, plus a 10 min ab w/o. It all came down to about 65 minutes.

Everyone have a great day and a most excellent run

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Just a dude.

10x400w60s rest + 2x800 w 2:30 rest this morning

4.3 easy this evening...

Feeling a bit tired and stiff, as I should... Hamstring is almost a non-issue...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Another heat wave here in the southeast.  I waited until a little later and it was only 92F for my 7 mile bike followed by 6 mile run.  Triathlon this Saturday.  I'm shooting for an age group award at this one.
        theyapper

On the road again...

Heat wave for sure.  Expected high of 100 here in the Carolinas.  Glad I got my 8.5 in early this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dog-Love

I can't even imagine the heat!  Could use a little this way.  I will have a hard time if it gets above 70 in SF for the marathon or HM. 

Had a great hill run the other day followed by a 2 mile recovery type run/walk.  Weird how sometimes I can't even run over 200 m and other times I can run for 6 miles.  Starting not to trust my legs

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Dutchie42

Perfesser: Crabby and I are in hot pursuit Better start running.

Yapper: you don't usually run in the morning?

Kelly: I really couldn't do all those hard workouts you do.

Crabby: maybe it's to do with consistency? I know when I'm not consistent with my running, I have problems when I do run.

This morning was a bit difficult to get started. Those darn vuvuzela's kept me awake till after midnight. But the alarm went off at 5h35 anyway Definitely had to talk myself into getting up. But after the first coffee, I was feeling much better.

It was a gorgeous morning: only 12C, sunny, lovely breeze. And I was moving like a machine. Been a while. Really nice 11.5 kilometers.

ETA: I meant 4h35.... should've been out the door by 5h30 at the latest.

Dutchie

theyapper

On the road again...

Oh, I always run in the morning.  But days like today, it's already above 70 when I go out.  It's a razor's edge heat wise once the sun rises.

MTA: correct spelling

Paul

Just a dude.

Kelly: I really couldn't do all those hard workouts you do.

They won't last much longer... I have two races this month that will tell me where I'm at, and then in August I'm back to base building again for a while...  I'm hoping to be kinda fast next summer...

-Kelly

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: Crabby and I are in hot pursuit Better start running.

I'm on limited duty for another 2 weeks so you may catch me.

4 today on the TM, I was going to run outside but procrastinated so long that it was just too darn hot out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Just a dude.

Ok... crazy run today...

Was meeting some folx to run... they planned on running 5.75... I wanted to go about 8... so I showed up a bit early and ran a 1.25 mile loop twice before they showed up.

Then, the 5.75 they ran ended up being quite the hill fest...  It was rather tough...

We chat a bit after we are done, and everyone goes to leave... I get to my car, and realize that I don't have my key... I've dropped it somewhere...

I look around frantically... It's like 6:45 pm, and daylight is limited... I can't find it anywhere, and decide to rerun the course to see if I could find it.  I figure it was on some of the steeper downhills that I lost it, so I decide to run it backwards...

I trudge up the hill about 1.7 miles and amazingly, find my key... It was on the side of the road waiting for me... I was shocked...  Thank God! I ran a bit extra to a creek, cooled of a bit, and then ran back down the hill to my car...

11.7 total today... and I am pretty whooped... so much for a easy day...  

-Kelly

Dutchie42

This morning I started with UB: triceps and biceps (30 min). Then a LB w/o with traditional exercises alternated with plyo exercises (40 min). Ran out of time for abs/pushups. Will do those this afternoon (half day at work).

Dutchie

theyapper

On the road again...

Ok... crazy run today...

Was meeting some folx to run... they planned on running 5.75... I wanted to go about 8... so I showed up a bit early and ran a 1.25 mile loop twice before they showed up.

Then, the 5.75 they ran ended up being quite the hill fest...  It was rather tough...

We chat a bit after we are done, and everyone goes to leave... I get to my car, and realize that I don't have my key... I've dropped it somewhere...

I look around frantically... It's like 6:45 pm, and daylight is limited... I can't find it anywhere, and decide to rerun the course to see if I could find it.  I figure it was on some of the steeper downhills that I lost it, so I decide to run it backwards...

I trudge up the hill about 1.7 miles and amazingly, find my key... It was on the side of the road waiting for me... I was shocked...  Thank God! I ran a bit extra to a creek, cooled of a bit, and then ran back down the hill to my car...

11.7 total today... and I am pretty whooped... so much for a easy day...  

-Kelly

At least now we know your trick for building up the running mileage.  

Paul

Just a dude.

At least now we know your trick for building up the running mileage.  

Yeah... lose all my stuff... make lots of wrong turns... get lost a lot...

I'm sure it's all very effective training too... 

I was a bit tight and stiff today... ran 3 easy... 

-Kelly

Dutchie42

Another gorgeous morning. At 6AM it was 18C already, with barely any wind. Not even on the dike, sigh. But it was doable. That, or I'm acclimatising (is that a word?) to the warmer temps

Nice 10.3K run, 20 seconds slower than on Monday, despite a few walkbreaks. My legs felt a bit tired. Must've been the LB w/o I did yesterday.

Dutchie

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in 5.2 very hot and humid miles this morning.  I want fall!

Paul