2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 11/17-11/24 (Read 218 times)

Dutchie42

Happy Monday peeps, Great 7K run in a crispy morning. Not quite dark, cause we had a full moon over the weekend. Spooky was pulling me along the entire run, making me run faster then I wanted to. Only three breaks for doggie business and two breaks for a passing car. No heavy legs, no tight calfs. Apparently not running for a week is good for me Tongue Busy work week ahead. Goal for the week: get a run in every day, even if its only 20min. Who wants to bet I'll make that goal?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

I'll go ahead and bet Dutchie DOES make her weekly goal. Punished some home made mushroom risotto...other than that, no exercise. Plan to get out and do runs back-to-back-to-back this week. Something like an easy 3-4-3 type thing. Have a great week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

Five today, interval style. Three on Wednesday, which I'll do shortly after a Michael Franti lunchtime concert (and hopefully some hanging out afterware. Hey, maybe he's a runner!). Then, rest up for the Rehoboth Marathon on Saturday.

...---...

Awesome 3.2 miles tonight.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 6.7, San Diego, weather perfect as always. I'm going back to Low HR/Maffetone/Aerobic/Whatever you call it. I did that to build my base after a stress fracture and had a great, injury-free year. It's painfully, frustratingly slow, even took a few very short walk breaks to get my HR back down into the zone, but afterward I felt invigorated and the leg feels good. A week from now is the Atlanta Half.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

OMG I am not running at all!!!!! Confused Am supposed to dive tomorrow and I will really try on Saturday to get a 5 mile run in. I think through this winter I will try to run 3-5 times per week but keep them short. Getting cold and snowy here
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Diving in Alaska. Sounds kinda cold! Crabby, is that part of your work or just fun?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Its part of my work and normally is fun, but I have been super busy and today I would rather go for a run. Its only cold to look at but we dress really warmly. My hands are the only part of my body that give me problems. Its 34 degress outside and the water is 38 (toasty)
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

awesome 4.3 miles at ~9:30 pace. Didn't intend keep that kind of pace but the wind and cold motivated me. Turned out to be a great run. Things are definitely on track. I think I might try to do a jingle bell 5K o something next month.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Sorry I wasn't here all week. But was out of town for work since Tuesday. These things only happpen twice a year so another six months before it happens again Wink It's been quiet here. Everyone in Winter hibernating mode? Wheather has turned really bad since Thursday. Did put in a 12K in the rain Thursday. But yesterday it was 1C (33F) and winds up to 30mph with 50mph wind gusts. We even had snow!! Snow in November!! Jeez, can't remember ever having snow in November. Usually when it's early it's January, if we get any at all. At times it was downright dangerous outside. I didn't go out for a run and I couldn't make myself hop on the TM. Right now it's 2C (35F) and the wind has died down to 20mph with gusts up to 40mph. There's still frozen snow covering cars and the road.

Dutchie

...---...

Thanks to recent accomplishments by others, I get to enjoy being on page one Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Then, rest up for the Rehoboth Marathon on Saturday.
                          Congrats on the Marathon Gig! Looking forward to the RR.

Dutchie42

IT'S STILL SNOWING !!!! Very unusual wheather for us here. There's no wind too. Strange! Really looking forward to running in the snow. Last Winter it only happened once! Once!! Cause later that day the snow was gone and we didn't get any more snow till now. Ofcourse, when it's slushy or slushy then frozen over I'll be complaining your ears off.

Dutchie