2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 14 April (Read 235 times)

Dutchie42

Goooooooood Morning, Hope to see more people here this week. Woke up this morning to find I have a major problem with my L-knee! During our run yesterday Spooky banged her body against my L-leg a few times. And 35kg of dog apparently can cause serious harm! Spooky is afraid of other dogs. So when they approach her while she's on leash she kind of jumps away, straight into my leg. Didn't notice that anything was wrong while running, but guess something is wrong now. Biked to work. No problems there. Walking down stairs is painful though. Apart from that, there's hardly any soreness or stiffness.
    I ran a 5k in Austin, Texas this morning. 47 degrees! You should have seen the bundled-up people! We hardy Mainers wore shorts and short sleeves. According to my Garmin, I ran 3.17 miles in 30:38 - a 9:40/mile pace. I've never run even one mile that fast! I came in 62 out of 121 women in the 41-50 age group. Average at last! I've never been average at running in my life - I'm usually in the basement. So I'm happy! I was looking forward to running down Congress Avenue, the street that leads to the Capitol. After the race, I realized that I was so focused I didn't pay attention to a single building! My running partner told me that there was a live band close to the Capitol. ?!?! I never even noticed it! That's scary.
    Teresa: Congrats on a great race! Have a good week people.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Ouch Dutchie...hope it heals quickly Great race Teresa! Weights for me today.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

L-kne still feels uncomfortable, but not painful. Think I'm ready to roar again tomorrow. Where is everyone?????

Dutchie

...---...

Hope you're all doing well. First week at the new job took a bit out of me and aside from feeling drained everyday, I also found little time for working in runs after work with weather and life. Hobbes was thrilled to go out for an short easy run yesterday. I certainly hope those of you living in the colder areas get some serious spring weather now...yesterday's run was just spectacular with all the blooming trees and shrubs. should be able to get back into my routine now and am planning on easing back into the groove so as to avoid set backs. One thing I'll say was positive about the lay-off...my ankle feels great.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

I did a long run on Sunday and learned a few things: Thing1: 50% of my weekly mileage can't come from one run. Thing2: My NikeMotoVs have got to go. Even two and half days later my arches are still aching, and that night I could barely walk. I am done with them. That 100 mile experiment has only screwed me up. I think that I am on track to hit 100 miles this month, even with Thing1 and Thing2. Doing 7ish tonight. Trey, I am getting some serious spring up here. It's gorgeous!! Teresa, awesome race! Dutchie, how's the knee??

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

gah on the weather. On tuesday evenings I run at the zoo just outside of portland. This is ~ 15 miles from my house. Last tuesday it was snow/raining as we got to the zoo. Saturday it hit 80 degrees here yesterday morning it was 30 degrees when I ran. Last night it was 50 degrees when I left my house and ~35 at the zoo. We were joking that last friday was spring, Saturday and Sunday were summer, and we are back to fall now. Undecided MTA: oooh yeah, my running. 5.5 on the trail last night, 8 this morning. pooped.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Got out of bed this morning and still had a problem with my knee going downstaris. Skipped the run. @!#$#@@$ Can't have this so close to the marathon! At least I'm not limping anymore Undecided I'm not sure if it is smart to just run through it at this point in my training?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Ennay: I'm sure Spring will be back next week Big grin Imogene: my long runs have been about 45-50% of my weekly mileage too. I'm OK with that, though I'm sure if I would run more often I would do better, maybe even run a little faster. Trey: I'd forgotten you started your new job. Is it everything you thought it would be?

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Imogene! It was so much fun. My friend and I ended up running 26.2 miles during the seven days we were in Texas (I just realized the significance of that distance, lol)! Running on vacation is so awesome - it will be mandatory for me from now on. I ate a ton of BBQ, Tex Mex, seafood, etc., and didn't gain any weight. I think that running is the Hidden Secret that a lot of people are looking for! Of course, they wouldn't believe you if you told them, though... If you ever get a chance to visit central Texas in the springtime, I highly recommend it. It's just beautiful, and everyone is so friendly. Make sure to spend some time in Austin - ask where the hilly, scenic parts of town are. There's also a 1000-foot long, spring-fed pool, Barton Springs, that's a must-see. The water stays at a constant 68 degrees all year round. Maine warmed up a lot while I was gone - all the ice has melted off our dirt driveway! There's still snow in the backyard, though. 54 degrees right now - a heat wave. OK, I have to get back to reality now and start working - arghh. Teresa

A Saucy Wench

Teresa...I used to live in Austin...it is gorgeous in the spring....the summer is hell though. But if you have to live anywhere in TX, Austin is the nicest. Dutchie - when is your marathon? May 11 I can see if I read rather than blathering. You arent going to gain a whole lot more fitness right now. Better to be healed. Get some extra pool workouts in if you can - that will keep your cardio up while you heal.. Any chance you can see someone about it?

dork.major dork.

If you ever get a chance to visit central Texas in the springtime, I highly recommend it. It's just beautiful, and everyone is so friendly. Make sure to spend some time in Austin - ask where the hilly, scenic parts of town are. There's also a 1000-foot long, spring-fed pool, Barton Springs, that's a must-see. The water stays at a constant 68 degrees all year round.
                        I LOVE Austin. My ex lived there (we were long-distance Boston-Austin, at least they rhyme) and I really miss the city. Oh well. I still have family in the area.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I LOVE Austin. My ex lived there (we were long-distance Boston-Austin, at least they rhyme) and I really miss the city. Oh well. I still have family in the area.
                          Hee hee! I had an ex-fiance who lived in Boston, so we have the same connection, but opposite. He was a physics student at MIT, so I visited him there two years in a row. What a weird place (MIT, not Boston). Now my husband's sister lives in Brookline, so we get to go down on visits a lot.

Imminent Catastrophe

If you ever get a chance to visit central Texas in the springtime, I highly recommend it. It's just beautiful, and everyone is so friendly. Make sure to spend some time in Austin - ask where the hilly, scenic parts of town are. There's also a 1000-foot long, spring-fed pool, Barton Springs, that's a must-see. The water stays at a constant 68 degrees all year round. Teresa
                            How are the bluebonnets this year?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Barton SPrings - swam in it a couple years ago...coldest water I ever submerged myself in. Love the Eastside cafe and Maria's (fantastic gorditas and migas...and cheap!). Dutchie : the job should be what I thought it would be. RIght now in training mode...breaking the learning curve is stressful, ya know.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

dork.major dork.

I had a fun run last night. I was running down by the river and started either picking people off or trying match my pace with other folks for a while. Put it down as a fartlek. Chased these fast guys for a while and came home to an average of 7:49s over 7.6 miles. Shocked Not too bad. Big grin Trey: Buh. Learning curves.