2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 2 JUne (Read 326 times)

Dutchie42

Happy June everyone, It's Monday here already and I thought I'd start the new thread before more of my RA pay is docked Big grin Pitiful week for running last week. On the bright side. The remodelling is almost finished. I still have a few little (paint) jobs left to do to have my downstairs perfectly finished, but nothing that can't wait till I have put in a run Wink Anyways, everyone have a great week! ETA: spelling mistakes.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

dork.major dork.

Good Morning. I felt the mileage I did last week this morning biking to work. I'll probably do a few easy miles tonight (going to buy new shoes after work. Ennay - 14 miles. You're going to rock that marathon, my friend.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

...---...

Rest day today. Needed it for a shooting pain in my left mid-shin area. Fuuny little pain, doesn't really hurt to touch and there's no movement or posture pattern I can detect where the pain occurs. Guess I'm just getting old. As Jeff says, maybe I should just STFH and HTFU. Running tomorrow with neighborhood group. Hope everyone has a great week! Dutchie - I'll bet your house looks fantastic. Trey PS - Daisy, our new hound/pointer does NOT care for running for very long...like 100 yards, and she's done. Funny dog...but Hobbes is always ready for a 5K or more.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5.2 fairly hilly miles today that seemed easy because I took two days off. What a nice feeling! Good luck finishing up, Dutchie. They started painting the exterior of our house today. We finally found a color we like - kind of like coffee with a LOT of cream in it. The garage doors were put on Saturday. The interior painting is almost done, and the electrician starts installing lights on Wednesday. Things are happening quickly now! My parents are visiting on June 29, and we hope we're at least close to finished then. What a long process.

I run for Fried Chicken!

7 tonight on the TM. Felt great, was a really easy run. If only all runs could be like today's. It's a good start to June.

A Saucy Wench

3 on the TM this morning. Dead

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Really did not want to go today but I finally got my butt out the door and got in 6.2, and it really was not a bad run after all. I will likely not be able to run for a few days due to my schedule so it's good that I got it done.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

3.6 this morning, supposed to do 5.5 on the trails tonight.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Turned out hotter than expected this morning. 67 when we started, and very sunny. We ran all the way from my friend's house through the park and along the waterfront in town, until we reached the bridge to the next town! Cool. 6 miles to that point, then we turned around. It was really warm by this point, and my friend was struggling. We stopped at 7.3 miles, walked a little, and then made it another 1.4 miles, for a total of 8.7 miles. I was happy that the heat didn't bother me as much I thought it might.

Imminent Catastrophe

Update: Just found out that I got released from jury duty, so I'll be able to get a run in tomorrow. And tomorrow is the lottery for the NYC Marathon, I was shut out last year. I want to be a part of it, New York, New York... Wish me luck! It's getting too warm now to take the dogs on my run (I'm really paranoid about them getting overheated). Plus Daisy is a bit lame, so the dogs just get a 1-km run then I do the rest on my own. Daisy still gets very upset when I leave without her. Thank goodness for my iPod shuffle and podcasts, on these days when I really don''t want to go, it really makes the run bearable.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

3.6 this morning, supposed to do 5.5 on the trails tonight.
                        (Homer Simpson voice) mmmmmm....trails.......

...---...

Russ - fingers crossed for you! 4.5M with the neighborhood guys. SOme days runs feel harder than they should...today was one of those days. not a great quality run but at least i got out there...besides, I was afraid of enduring ENNAY'S wrath Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

good luck russ!
                            not a great quality run but at least i got out there...besides, I was afraid of enduring ENNAY'S wrath Big grin
                            Haapy to help!

Imminent Catastrophe

good luck russ! Haapy to help!
                              Thanks ennay and Trey. Ennay-how was the trail run? Trey--good luck with that cold fusion thing! You need some venture capital? Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Pretty good trail run last night, didnt feel as dead as usual. Have to do my run at the gym today since dh had to leave for work ungodly early. Dead