2000Km-1243 mile club

September 2014 (Read 13 times)

So the link worked for you?

I was enjoying myself. I was so happy to be feeling good that day and able to pursue my chosen pace goal for the first 20 miles. Nothing major went awry in the last 6 miles to mar my experience.  I learned some valuable lessons from that race about pacing, fueling, focus, and enjoying the present moment.

DH rode along - which you saw if you were able to view the MarathonFoto link - and took additional pics, some of which show more of the course and my smiling face :-)  If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the link to my Flickr Photo album.

The link sort of worked.....was able to figure out that it was MarathonFoto.com, Victoria marathon, and had your race number, so sweet as.

Not a bad set of photos actually, I usually struggle to get one or two good ones.

So it was your DH on the bike, whew, for a moment it I thought you had a stalker. ;-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

So it was your DH on the bike, whew, for a moment it I thought you had a stalker. ;-)

I know!  Total photobomb! I think the photographer had caught on to us.

Running along nice and EZ this week. 12K trail race on Sunday which I may or may not push the legs on. I'll see how I feel when the day rolls around.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

12 Days to the New York City Marathon. I can't wait. DW and I plan to run together. I'm not really running very well so a somewhat slower pace will allow me to just enjoy the show.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Have a great time Perfesser! I grew up in the neighbourhood that's about mile 23, right where you cross from the Bronx back into Manhattan for the last time and you are running down 5th avenue. I'd love to put thus on my bucket list.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

New York City Marathon. I can't wait. DW and I plan to run together.

That's terrific. I don't think I knew that she ran also. Hope you have a good time in New York.

(Imagine - two taper tweakers in one house! Oh my!)

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Good luck with NY perfesserR.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff