2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 16 March-22 March (Read 370 times)

Dutchie42

Good Morning everyone! Never did my long run yesterday. 3 days of crappy food caught up with me..... After the usual cleaning and tidying plus clearing another shelf in that messy room and moving exercise equipment around I just was soooooo tired. Guess intense weight lifting plus marathon training requires nutritious food all the time. Who knew Big grin And I as so close at putting that pink beast way behind me.... Anyways, this morning was 62 minutes of chest, shoulders and biceps. Lot's of push ups again. Added on an 18 min ab w/o. My arms are jello.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Last long run yesterday. 10 miles at marathon pace. Not that I have really decided what my marathon pace is going to be. At OBX I started out at 7:30's but bonked at mile 20. I'm thinking I want to run 7:40's but I don't want a repeat of OBX. If I start out much slower than 7:40's than I probably can't get a BQ. Decisions....decisions.
      Dutchie42

Heffa: I'm sure you'll do great! 10K run today. Struggling my way through the first 7000 meters. After that it was smooth running Confused Added on a 23 minute LB w/o. Nice! And a long stretch.

Dutchie

...---...

Best of luck Heffa! Have a great marathon regardless of your pace.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

I skipped my long run last weekend too. I guess there was something in the air. But I'm back on my treadmill. The weather is warming up, so I'm hoping to get a good run outside tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)

Bring it on.

Imminent Catastrophe

The rain is gone, today was a spectacular clear cool sunny Spring day (well, almost Spring). Had a nice run w/MaryAnn and the dogs. The new Mizuno Inspires are very comfortable. The GPS now works with RA and Ascent on my Mac so I can analyze the heck out of my runs, I'm in geek heaven!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Woohoooo. 10K on the TM in 59:52 minutes First time I ever ran a sub 60 minute 10K. 15min@9.5K 30min@10.0K 15min@10.5K 1 minute recovery walk 9 min@9.5K 3 min@9.0K At the end I could feel myself swaying from one side of the TM to the other. Guess it was a really really hard run! And closing in on the pink beast.

Dutchie

10K on the TM in 59:52 minutes First time I ever ran a sub 60 minute 10K
                  Congrats Dutchie! Nice run. And you were going faster at the end.

Imminent Catastrophe

Another nice long run in Chickamauga NMP, what a great place to run. MaryAnn and dogs came along. Picked up the pace on the third segment when MA split off. 12 3/4 miles. I'm slowly gaining on the bunny.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

40ยบ and I see grass! Spring is coming. Ran the long run a day early - 9 miles today in a easy week, (last curling tournament of the season this weekend) I felt really good and I had a hard time slowing down. I've been running by feel lately, its time to strap on the HR monitor and see how this correlates to pace. Next week is my first 30- miler of the year - I will be running between 25-30 through early June and then working my way up to 40 mpw. A

Recalculating...

AnneCA

Just had a fantastic lunchtime run on a 63 degree sunny day -- spring has sprung! I work in downtown SF, so did the run from the gym near my office -- I didn't have my Garmin, but did a public map here for distance. It can be inspiration for those of you coming out to SF for the marathon this summer. (I find it amusing that the satellite that took the Google Maps images in downtown SF caught a Giants game in progress. Can't see the score, though Big grin) Ayola -- I believe you must be the first person I've encountered who's working in her running around her curling schedule. Hope the last game (? game? meet?) goes well, and good luck on the 30-miles next week. Knock a couple of those down, and you'll pass the bunny in no time.
                        anneb

Hi to everyone, I have not checked in for awhile... although I have time to read posts, I usually grab a few minutes to read while at work and as a result don't have time to reply. Anne, that sounds like perfect weather for a run. I do hear (and have witnessed) "spring" here too... although you wouldn't have known it today, I think the windchill was in the 20's all day! Runner67, sorry to read about your injury. It sounds like you have a good plan and will be back running in not too much time. Ayola - welcome. I sat in the low 30's mpw for a while, and thought that 40 sounded impossible. It turns out, I think I have settled in right there. You really start racking up the miles once you hit 30 per week. It sounds like everyone else is doing well. I am running an 8k next weekend so we'll see if all this running is going to make me faster. Wink After that, the plan is to add a long run (well - 10 up to 14/15) leading up to my 10 mile race in May and then half in early August. We'll see!

Anne

Imminent Catastrophe

Nothing yesterday, the hotel had two treadmills, one broke, and the other was in use. Maybe today.

...---...

Tried to run the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday - took about 30 steps and called it quits. Ouch. So, I headed off to the Marin Headlands to take some pictures and then off to a bar...well, I had to hit the Buena Vista but then moved on to The Irish House in the financial district. Got a dr's appt on Monday and hope to learn more/get going with rehab. Have a great weekend all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

So sorry you couldn't run Trey. Hope the dr. can help you or at least point you in the right direction. I have an appointment with a chiropractor at 8AM. Hopefully he can sort my back/neck out.

Dutchie