2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 18-24 January (Read 384 times)

First time starting this up for me!

7 miles done so far this week on the tread of dread. Light snow last night and more on the way - I"m hoping it clears for Saturday's long run

Happy Tuesday, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Thanks for starting this off.  I've been running in Anchorage along the coastal trail.  No pictures but the weather is perfect for running.  Just a little snow and 20 degrees

Just getting what I can get in in between meetings.  Legs are tired but that's what I get for being 51

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Great job on the thread Ayola, like you've done it a thousand times before Smile

I went for something resembling a run yesterday!  I was out walking 3 miles with DW and I slowly jogged a couple of cul-de-sacs.  I probably managed about a half mile all together.  The lower abs were pretty quiet, but my hip flexors felt tight.  Overall my least painful run in about a year!  I'm starting to think I might be on to something here.  I'm heading to the gym today for 3 miles on the elliptical for the official start of my Boston training.  My core strength is building quickly.  I have gone from a 20 second plank to a 45 second plank just this week.  Still a long way to go but a least I have been given a compass.

Dutchie42

Hey Ayola, thanks for starting us off. Great job too

Interval run for me this morning, 7.5 kilometers in total. Did better than last week

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

And 5.5 kilometers steady state run on the treadmill today (Wed morning).

Smooth running guys

Dutchie

Did my PT recommended core exercises followed by 3 miles of elliptical and it felt good.  Today I am feeling some pains in my left foot that I sprained 4 weeks ago on my dirt bike.  It's nice to have a voluntary injury be the worst thing I'm feeling.  I'm not in very good shape at the moment, but it's the best I've felt in over a year!

Imminent Catastrophe

...  Overall my least painful run in about a year!  I'm starting to think I might be on to something here. 

That must have felt incredible! Today I had my first pain-free run in weeks and it was great. It felt strange, like something was missing and it was--the pain!  Maybe there's a light at the end of this after all.

I'm really disappointed that Tahoe Rim Trail run sold out so quickly, that was my goal race. D'oh.

BTW are you doing the Cooper River Run (saw your photo)? I'm thinking about it.

With today's 3 miles I'm almost up to a mile per day. Whoop-de-do!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Happy Hump Day everyone

So Ayola, how far will you run on Saturday? Just curious. I'm planning on doing 8, up one from last Saturday.

Tonight will be the start of my Wednesday night 6-miler.  The weather is supposed to be clear this weekend, so I'm hoping to do a hike on Sunday as well.

Crabby: Glad you're enjoying Anchorage and your coastal runs.

Best wishes for everyone's continuing recovery. We're all coming along great!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Waiting for dh at the pub after 4.25miles at the ymca - danger! I'm going for 8 miles on Saturday if the weather complies or one hour on the treadmill plus elliptical for 36 minutes...

Recalculating...

Ok survived the pub with Caesar salad chicken and two glasses of white wine... Now I'm home, under the covers with the Sunday times. Happy -I'm hoping to slowly raise my long run back up to 13 miles . 8 this week and next, then 9 or 10 etc. My schedule has me trying at least one 15miler maybe 2 before the end of may. My issue is slippery sidewalks - I'm a klutz - but I can take the cold down to -5 or so.

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

Howdie all...

I thought I'd jump into this group.  I just started back to running last November... I ran in high school and college, but almost none since then...

My goal for the year is 1250 miles, so the bunny should be good for me.  I'll be lagging pretty far behind for a while, but I hope to start catching up as I increase my miles over the next few months.  

Glad to see there was a good amount of activity here.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

Howdie all...

I thought I'd jump into this group.  I just started back to running last November... I ran in high school and college, but almost none since then...

My goal for the year is 1250 miles, so the bunny should be good for me.  I'll be lagging pretty far behind for a while, but I hope to start catching up as I increase my miles over the next few months.  

Glad to see there was a good amount of activity here.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Kelly, 

welcome! Glad to have you. It's a friendly group.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Hi Kelly, good luck with all your goals for 2010.

OK, Ayola, let's hope for good weather Saturday and we can enjoy the run together.

My 6 miles went fine tonight, as did last Saturday's 7; so I'm feeling confident about moving up to 8.

Dutchie, are you looking forward to the oppkikkerloop? What's the forecast for you?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Dutchie, are you looking forward to the oppkikkerloop? What's the forecast for you?

As in weather? About 3C / windchill -2, not too windy, but snow, the kind that melts as soon as it hits the ground.

As in finish time? I was supposed to run this with a colleague who participates in races for fun only. But she bagged the race, again... So I'm gonna try to do better than my december 10K (1h01). Don't think I can match last year's PR though (57:58).

Kelly! Welcome to the group. Hope you can make goal. Just chase the pink beast

Heffa: didn't you do any core work before? Good to hear you are making progress. Did the PT give you a prognoses on when you might be able to run again? Or did I miss that post somewhere?

Perfesser: doesn't it feel great to run and enjoy without worrying about pain?

Happy: great progress!

Ayola: you too!

Trey: nothing to say this week?

ETA: I got a load of information regarding the relay in May. They haven't formed any teams yet. Which means that I don't know if I'm on a team or if I'm a back up runner. The more information I get, the more scared I am. Why did I have to open my mouth They set dates for two team meetings and two test runs, including a 24 hour run Oops...

Dutchie

Dutchie: I know several people who did a 200 mile estafetteloop last year and they loved it. Their teams weren't nearly as organized as yours as I'm sure there were no 24 hour test runs. I think they spent more time decorating their vans than training. Definitely one of the tougher things they'd done, but well worth it. I'm hoping to do it this year, so you'll need to fill me in on all the tricks for a successful run.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013