2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 6 - 12 July (Read 368 times)

Dutchie42

Goooooood Morning everyone,

Didn't sleep well last night. School's out for the boys, and being 17 and 18 yo, they stay up till the wee hours. And last night they were noisy around 3AM which woke me up. And I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time When I finally did fall asleep, I didn't wake up till 5AM. I know, that's still early, but for me it meant I couldn't have a nice quiet coffee before starting my day.

Legs feel great, but I decided to take a rest day from running. Did UB strength endurance instead. I just love to see my muscles work in the mirror

Trey: how's the chocolate cake breakfast? Feeling sick already?

It's a new week people, let's make it a good one! Have a great day, and a most excellent workout.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Trey: how's the chocolate cake breakfast? Feeling sick already?

Delicious, especially with a good cup of coffee. Nope, not sick at all. But whoa, what a rush! caffeine and sugar at 6:30 AM. Wow!!!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I had one of the best runs in recent history yesterday.  I was scheduled for an 8 mile tempo run at 15 seconds slower than race pace.  I decided to run 10 total with 1 easy on each end.  Right away I could tell it was going to be good.   My first mile of tempo was 5 seconds too fast and I was holding back a lot.  The speed just picked up from there.  I finished the 8 mile tempo at race pace and the whole 10 miles at my goal pace for the day.  The best part of it was that I wasn't even trying.  My heart rate stayed down at about 150 the whole way.  The end result was my fastest 10 mile run ever and I did it with ease.  I may need to adjust my race pace!

Great run Heffa!

Last week was kinda of a bust on mileage (job search/ endless rain/ white wine) The sun appeared on Sunday and I got in the long run starting this week 10.88 miles, yeah! And 3 this morning as a recovery run. I should pass 1000K this week, right behind you Dutchie...

Here's a question, do you guys take a break at the end of the season or after HM/ marathons? I was thinking of a 4-6 week low running (more cross training/ maybe swimming) at the end of the year.

A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Here's a question, do you guys take a break at the end of the season or after HM/ marathons? I was thinking of a 4-6 week low running (more cross training/ maybe swimming) at the end of the year.

A

Ayola: I usually cut back on the running from mid october till Xmas. And pick it up again in January. It kind of depends on what races I have planned for the first 3 months of the year. When I cut back on the running, I focus more on strength training.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

20-miler today. Ugh, not fun, especially in the heat/humidity. I should get a medal for that!

It really wasn't bad considering, legs tired toward the end but no bonk and no injuries. I used a 1.5 L hydration fanny pack, it's the most comfortable way of carrying water that I've found, and I drank most of it!

I saw some deer and a few turkeys.

I like this run, it's a bit of a drive but I may try to BQ here in November so it's good to train where you will race. Love the monuments and cannon from the Civil War battle.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

I went out the door for my run at 5h15 AM, and was back home at 5h20 AM Tongue Heavy downpours made me turn back. I run for fun, not to get soaking wet within 2 minutes and then having to run for another 58 minutes.

I did the 30min LB w/o I had planned for after my run, hoping the skies will have cleared when I finished. Not so.It was still raining. Not as heavily, but I wasn't having it today Ofcourse, it's still early days for my marathon training and I can still skip runs without any ill effects

Dutchie

...---...

I interpreted taper to mean "stay in bed and not run at ll this morning"  ...didn't sleep well last night (which is more typical than abnormal) plus I think I need the extra day. No problem, I'll adjust and run wed, thur, fri, sun - XT after work today instead.

Ayola - I took time off after my marathon in October. I only walked a little the first week after (I had swollen knees from ITBS). Second week after, I started sprinkling in some jogging. I was running more regular type miles again by early December (about 5 weeks total). After my Marathon coming up, I'm going to try a modified recovery plan by Pete Pfitzinger for 7 weeks or so then get back at it. 

Perfesser - nice 20 miler in muggy conditions. Way to go. Hows the terrain/course at Chickamauga? 

Our upstate serial killer was gunned down in NC last night. Whew. What a nightmare...but it's over. Now if we can just get our Governor straightened out...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser - nice 20 miler in muggy conditions. Way to go. Hows the terrain/course at Chickamauga? 

Chickamauga is nice. Paved roads, very little traffic through beautiful scenery. Mostly low, easy rolling hills, not enough to be a challenge, it actually gives your legs a little bit of variety. There's a couple of steeper (but very short, maybe 100 yds) climbs. The road is cambered in a few spots.

I ran my third-fastest marathon there, although the course has changed a bit. It's a two-loop course.

I almost got run over by a deer in that race BTW. I think the adrenaline rush helped.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

OK I'll be the first to admit that my posts have bordered on bragging recently.  Sorry, I just can't help it, I must be doing something right because the good runs just keep coming.  Today is my birthday (42 if you're keeping track).  I like to do an unplanned whatever I feel like style run on my birthday.  It usually ends up being a good run and today was no exception.  I needed to do a short run today because that is all I had time for.  I decided to do a 1 mile race.  I did a good 2 mile warmup and then tried to see what I had.  I ended up with a 5:46!  I can't tell you when the last time I ran a sub 6 minute mile was.  Now I just need to string together about 26 of them.

...---...

Hef - I love a success story. Keep em coming. Better than my posts of late: "ran some slow miles. it was nice out. off to work."

PS - Happy Birthday! I'm 26 days older than you.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Easy 6 this morning. It was nice out. Now, off to work.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

Ran four miles into work today. Nice day.

I noticed something about my commutes this morning. When I run to work, I generally get picked up after work, and if I run home, I often take a different route.

But when I bike, I can do some comparisons, and what I noticed this morning is that my rides into work are consistently slower than my rides leaving work. Hmmmm. Now why would that be?

Trey - are easy and slow the same thing? LOL

...---...

Trey - are easy and slow the same thing? LOL

Typically for me, they are.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12