2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 5 May (Read 261 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood Morning everyone, Just popped in to start the new thread! Two more days of prepping the ground floor. Then I'm done and others can get to work. My marathon training has been problematic the last 4 weeks, due to my knee injury. On top of that, weatherforecast says it will be 24C on race day. It will be ugly! I just try to remember what someone said to me when I was whining about my injury: "it's better to get to the starting line slightly undertrained, then not at all". Ah yes, I also signed up for the Amsterdam Marathon on 19 October. Anyone care to join me? I'll clear out a room for you to stay Wink Teresa: wow, you're adding half a house to the one you've got Wink when do you think it'll be finished? And where do you find the time to do all that? Imogene: think there are quit a few people here who have a 100 mile goal. Ennay: I'll be without a kitchen for about 4 weeks. But I have a microwave that doubles as an oven, a slow cooker, an electric rice cooker and an electric BBQ. I think with a little improvising we can manage. Jeff: great to see you posting again. I'm sure you'll do fine at your race. Aaron: sorry you fell of page 1. I'm sure you'll catch up with the bunny now that the weather is nicer. Crabby: I lurk in the 1000 mile group. Nice group too. fyrfytr: congrats on running a good race. Ennay: wow, you did two races in one month! Tested my knee yesterday: 27.7K. Felt tender at the end. Was exhausted. But it was my first run at 21C. So that needs some getting used to. Will be running late in the day to get used to these higher temps. Running indoors at 20C is very different from running with that big bright yellow bulb in the sky Wink Got a 3K doggie fun run / recovery run planned for later today.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I got in 31.4 miles last week, so I'm happy! I have a 5k race on Sunday, so I will back off a little on mileage this week. The past three weeks in a row have been more than 30, so it's good timing. Dutchie, we really DON'T have time to put on a major addition, but we need it badly enough that we're just doing it! DH is not getting enough sleep, that's for sure. The last two or three years, our business has been slow in the spring, but this year we can't see straight we're so busy. Oh, well, you can't plan these things! I keep thinking, "GARAGE! No more scraping ice and snow off the cars!!!" That's warm weather you were running in! I'm not looking forward to that. I've enjoyed the cool, rainy weather we've had lately.

A Saucy Wench

I am sooooo in trouble when it warms up. On my race on saturday there was a point where I was thinking "damn this is a smidge too warm" It was probably 57F. Shocked I just dont know how I will find time to heat acclimate. Even in the summer here at 5 am it is cool, I may have to pay a babysitter to come by once a week during afternoon naps so I can go for a short run in peak heat. It is USUALLY coolish for the marathon, but sometimes not. They are predicting that when (if) this rainy cool weather we have been having ends we will have a very hot dry summer. They are saying it wont get hot until July, but that makes me fear that it will linger into October. Teresa...you've got great mileage there...you should blast this 5K!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Ennay! I'm just like you - upper 50s is about as warm as I like to run in. I'm lucky to live in Maine, but even here, it will be warm for a couple of months. I guess I'll take it one day at a time!

Dog-Love

We are in the 40's in Juneau here and I am hoping for a 30-mile week. My mileage is getting more consistent. Taking a day off today but looking at a 10-mile run on Tuesday. Speedwork and a slow kids run on Wednesday some fun 6-8 milers and a 13 mile Trail race maybe! Have definitely not committed to the trail race. Have a great week. Ennay aren't you in the Pacific Northwest?
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

Ennay aren't you in the Pacific Northwest?
              Yup! I am about 20 miles from Portland Oregon. We are having gorgeous weather today--supposed to get up into the 70's. Big grin Oregon is a great place to run, but it makes one both a heat and cold wimp.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yup! I am about 20 miles from Portland Oregon. We are having gorgeous weather today--supposed to get up into the 70's. Big grin Oregon is a great place to run, but it makes one both a heat and cold wimp.
                Hee hee - if you substitute "Maine" for "Oregon" in that paragraph, I could have written it! Even the weather and distance from Portland is correct. Weird!

dork.major dork.

I don't think running in Maine would qualify you as a cold wimp, though, Teresa. Just sayin.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Last week was 27.9. It had an opportunity to be epic, but fate intervened. I was planning to run about 14~15 miles during a Relay for the Cure, but it got rained out. Then Sunday morning, I was planning to get up early and run with a training group running the course of my upcoming Memorial Day 10k. But my son woke up around 3:30am, and once that happened, I instinctively turned off my alarm clock. So I might have had a big 20-mile chunk this past weekend. Nevertheless, still a good week.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I don't think running in Maine would qualify you as a cold wimp, though, Teresa. Just sayin.
                      Hee hee! I don't think it's as cold here as in Wisconsin or Minnesota, though!
                        33.3 last week.... had a really good 6.25 mile run today followed up by margaritas and fajitas for cinco de mayo. Hope everyone had good a run.

A Saucy Wench

oh yeah! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

A Saucy Wench

3.5 this beautiful am....supposed to start raining again later. sigh.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

8 1/2 miles and beautiful here, too! Went with my running partner on a fairly hilly loop from my house. It was her longest run to date. It was the hilliest long run I've attempted, so I was a little nervous, but it felt EASY! I could have kept going farther, but this is a cutback week for me so I didn't. Whoo hoo!

A Saucy Wench

Awesome Teresa...you are gonna rock that 5K