2000Km-1243 mile club

November (Read 13 times)

HappyFeat

Wow that is cold, Ayola!  Our temps had dipped last week, but then came back up . It's mid-40's outside right now.  I'm also working on coffee and heading out for a long run this morning.

MTA An hour later, I'm still here, feeling more like going back to bed every minute!

I'm back to doing a weekly interval session of sorts in the game of chasing new 5 & 10K PRs, picking up where I left off before marathon training. Seems to be working. I'm not so sure I'll improve my 10K time on Dec 14 because the forecast hints at snow and ice. No matter - I'll keep training.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Sounds interesting. I did some interval training this spring on the treadmill, no open track in my neighbourhood,  with my race training (modified Ryan Hall). Training plan starts back up in February.

Yesterday's run was much warmer, 32*F, pretty much the best we will get, until March. Now - if I can get myself to yoga this afternoon....

Have a great week all! A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Ayola, I do my interval sessions on the TM because it's easier at this point. They still work.  What I think I'm missing right now is road-hardening. With all the TM and trail miles, my legs aren't used to asphalt. Saturday's run was a stinker!

Pretty chili here in Halifax (-15*C)so I'm drinking my tea and headed to the gym to hit the treadmill. Knees and feet still adjusting to indoors so I'll supplement with some elliptical and bike, but I need to get used to it as I may be doing Saturday runs inside for awhile. Hope all is well in internet land.

Happy Saturday! A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Hi Ayola, I think the cold snap here is over - we're already in the 40's this morning, and rainy.  I'll be doing the Reindeer Run 10K at 1 pm. It was a goal race until I over-reached myself with last Wed workout. Live and learn.  Apparently it will take longer than just a few weeks to be comfortable with my race pace. The St. Patrick's Day 10K is looking like a more achievable goal race date. It would give me plenty of time to "reboot."

Ahhhh 40s.... I hope the tune up race went well. Pretty socked in due to snow storm, I will take a winter wonderland walk later today.

Recalculating...