2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 2 August - 8 August (Read 425 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

17 today in Central Park. The Park was crazy, NYRR had a team race going on and all the teams (dozens) were there in their team shirts, it was really cool seeing all those colorful jerseys. It was a beautiful day for a run, too. Now it's taper time--for a week.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

17 today in Central Park.

17! good for you

and I was feeling pretty good about doing 8 today. oh well.

Looking for the Mud Run report - Jeff?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

17 after not much running Perfesser??? Wowser!

I paddled 30 miles inadvertently two days ago while looking to get to a bear viewing area in the Seymore Canal region of SE Alaska.  Water was unusually flat and it seemed like the right thing to do until we had to turn around and get back to our cabin.  My shoulders and arms are not in that kind of shape.  No running lately but I will get at it again

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

The mud run was very fun as usual, but we will have to wait another year to regain our crown.  We had a new addition to our team this year because we had one out getting a couple vertebrae fused.  We have 4 guys over 40 and we added a 20 something year old thinking he could probably keep up.  We were wrong.

It was getting touch and go toward the end of the race for me, I thought I was going to get beat up .  Since the pace was so slow I was in full mischief mode.  I was splashing in all the puddles, swimming in the mud holes, taunting encouraging other runners, and just generally being a jerk.  The jerk part was how a couple of other runners described me.  I'll never get tired of the look on peoples faces when you splash them moments before they have to crawl through a mud hole.

Dutchie42

Heffa: sounds like you had a blast

Perfesser: 17 miles... don't even wanna think about it. Are youe ready for the marathon?

HappyFeat: 8 is very good, and better than nothing, like me

Crabby: never mind the paddling, did you see any bears?

Nothing to report for Sunday! Didn't feel well at all. Had a stomach ache. The impact of just walking around in the house made it feel even worse. Was on the couch all day. Mostly just watching TV or sleeping. Guess I should consider it a cut back week Wink

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

3.4 in the midday heat today, man it was hot. I ran pretty well considering the course and heat. Sunday forecast for Anchorage: High 50's, chance of rain. AAAhhhhhhhhh.....

Dutchie--I feel ready for a slow, easy race where I have no time goal, just get 'r done. I've been doing weekly long runs with plenty of rest days, that worked well for me a couple years ago when I didn't get any injuries despite running a lot of long races. I hope your stomach feels better.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dog-Love

Good luck in Anchorage Perfessor.  Should be a nice day.  Its a perfect running day here in Juneau.

Will post bear pictures later Dutchie!  Big and brown and far enough away to hang out watching him

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck in Anchorage Perfessor.  Should be a nice day.  Its a perfect running day here in Juneau.

Will post bear pictures later Dutchie!  Big and brown and far enough away to hang out watching him

Thanks Crabby! I'm hoping to see a bear, or at least a moose. At a distance, of course. 

Dog-Love

Well you might see a moose on the Tony Knowles trail...and if you have a window seat...you might see one from the airplane.  Watch out for barfights