2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 5-11 July (Read 524 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

8.6 mi/13,800 meters. Yeah, very hot and humid, I'm ready for Fall too. I was just drenched. My longest run since the foot injury, I wanted to test my readiness out before flying out to Colorado next weekend and it seems to be fine. Legs a bit tired though, I've certainly lost some endurance in my legs. Overall fitness seems OK though, considering the heat, I feel like it was a decent run.

I also had bleeding nips and some other chafing by the end. Rookie mistake!

Forecast for Pagosa Springs--sunny and 60°F. Yay! Too bad I couldn't do the 50k, I was really looking forward to it.  Still, it'll be nice to get away from the heat for a few days.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

I also had bleeding nips and some other chafing by the end. Rookie mistake!

Thanks for the visual Perfessor...

I had a GREAT 6.5 mile run today (only 1 mile or so behind you DUTCHIE) and my legs felt just fine.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring however.  Tomorrow is a 13 mile trail race that I may use for a training run but we shall see.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for the visual Perfessor...

Heh. Well, I could have given the gory details of that "other" chafing issue but spared you all...

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Don't want to hear anything about Fall, I'm not ready yet But it's already darkish when I get up, so were definitely heading in that direction.

5AM and it's 19C already. It's gonna be 33C today, so I better get out early.

ETA:

Despite the high temps, I had a very nice 6.5K run this morning with Spooky. Then did a bit of pruning in the back garden, followed by 20 min of LB floor ex. with ankle weights., a 10 min ab w/o on the stability ball and 15 min of shoulder work to finish it off. Later, I took Spikey&Spooky out for a nice 2.5K walk. Spike was bothered by the heat though.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Finishing up the vacation in Maine and Gearing up to return to regular life - I havent run a lick since Monday. You guys are doing great!

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

I got a slow 1`0 miler in today with my best running buddy.  Mostly trails and lots of hills.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Just a dude.

Sigh...

Good race today... 5:09 for the mile... nice PR...

But my hammy blew up on the final sprint... Lost 2 places and several seconds on the last straight as I limped home...  

It hurts to walk again... back on the disabled list... 

<SIGH>

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Kelly: maybe when you start running again, you shouldn't do any hard workouts. Looks like your hamstring needs much more time to recover.

Crabby: come on, keep up

Ayola: did you enjoy your time away from it all? Including running?

Perfesser: we're leaving you behind!

We've had torrential rains last night. And this caused a very high humidity as the sun came out and the air warmed up this morning. It was a very tough run. I had the same breathing problems I had a few weeks ago. Even when I was standing on the dike, facing the wind, it still felt like I couldn't get enough air in.

However, I managed to finish my run, though I cut it short by 160 meters at the end cause I wanted to get in the shade asap by then. The aim was a 2h20 run. But because I was standing around waiting for Spooky while she was splashing thru huge rain puddles, I figured I should add at least an extra 5 minutes. So I did meet my running goal for today. And it turned out I ran more miles than I thought I did: 19.65 kilometers. Hopefully next week I can run more miles in the same time, cause this was awfully slow!

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Did you guys see???? Kelly is top dog!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Almost 7 today in hot, humid South Florida. I'm starting to get back into the groove, so far, so good. Take care of the hammy Kelly, it takes time.

Dutchie, you caught me, but I'm on the rebound. 

Just a dude.

Kelly: maybe when you start running again, you shouldn't do any hard workouts. Looks like your hamstring needs much more time to recover.

It's hard to know how to handle it...

I raced a 1500 and an 800 and did fine a week before my latest race... So with another week I figured I was past it... 

Oh well...

Resting today and probably the rest of the week... /sigh

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry to hear about the hammie, Kelly.  Nice time in the race, even with a finishing limp.

My long run in SC yesterday ended up being a 6.5 mile run followed by a 4.6 mile run/walk.  The heat and humidity sucked everything out of me, and even though I went out at 5a, it was already 80F and humid.  Bleh.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I had a mostly successful triathlon this weekend.  I managed to meet all my goals for the weekend.  I completed each event in less than my goal times with PR's in each event, and managed 2nd in my age group.  The open water swim went extremely smooth which is a big improvement over my last one.  I improved my 5K time to 21:40 which I'm happy with since my regular 5K PR is just under 20:00.  The only down side to the weekend was that I had a pretty bad wreck on the bike segment.  I caught some loose gravel in one of the turns and went down hard.   The whole right side of my body has some nice road rash.  Oh well, skin will grow back!

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry about the World Cup Dutchie. Still, you did pretty well.