2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 26 July - 1 August (Read 396 times)

Just a dude.

Today ended up being the day.

I was bummed... I got home late and didn't get to run last night... It was going to work out that I would have finished last night like 1 mile short... I thought that would have been funny...

ah well...  I guess if I am going to beat it, I should do it on a fairly brutal run like today... 18.4 miles and over 3500 feet elevation gain (and loss)...  Yeehaw...

-Kelly

MTA: Huh... my garmin says 3500 elevation, but RunningAhead says 5000... My legs say "a lot"... 

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Kelly: wow!

Great run today - I did 15 minutes at my tempo pace and lightly jogged out the other 6.5 miles - fabulous weather, lots of nice boats out on the water...

Nature is unable to make a really first-class job of anything if she is hustled...

Halifax Bluenose 10k May 2014

Halifax Navy 5k August 2014

Annapolis Valley Harvest, NS  HM October 2014

Great job, Kelly!

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

17.5 miles along the Platte Path in Denver, it went pretty well, no damage done as far as I know. It was nice to get a break from the heat/humidity of the SE!

MTA: Fairly flat, unlike Kelly's route. It was sunny and very dry though, I completely drained my 2L hydro pack, plus used a couple of water fountains along the way. I felt the altitude a bit.

Pretty nice run for a middle-distance guy, Kelly!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Dog-Love

Nice work Kelly

I have had an erratic running month but have got two half marathons in 8 days. I ran SF last Sunday and Juneau today.  Now the weather in Juneau was much nicer than the weather in SF and my time was much better. 2:13 vs 2:22.  If any of you are ever in Juneau next year this is really quite a nice marathon with a barbeque afterwards (salmon and burgers).  Anyway I feel fine but should get more runs in between now and mid september when I run a fun relay race.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              I'm switching back to run focus for the next couple of weeks.  My next race is RnR Virginia Beach so I need to ramp my mileage back up.  I don't have another Tri until the week after the half marathon.  I went for a "long" run today of 8 miles.  It's been a while since I've gone that far.  The weather here in the SE is much cooler now so it went very smoothly.

Belmead Trail Fest 50 mile Sep 27-

Tuna 200 Relay Oct 10-11 -