2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in 22-28 June (Read 360 times)

Dutchie42

New week people, let's make it a good one.

I got of to a good start: 5K easy with Spooky. Chilly morning, only 8C Great for running. Not to make anyone jealous

Last week was a total failure. Only 3 runs.

First of, they came in to replace my sliding doors with french doors but these people came so early, I didn't want to run cause I hate being in the shower when strange men are in the house. It took them two days to finish. Second, I had a really bad case of DOMS of the inner thighs after a LB w/o. 3 days of being crippled. Good thing I had a lot of studying to do.

This week I will do better! Spooky needs it too.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Much needed rest day today. Having a massage after work. 40 miles last week. 33 miles planned for this week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Woohoo!! Amazing run this morning!! Wasn't easy, but great run. And I wasn't trying to go fast, but it was my fastest pace this month: 6:24/kilometer! And I wasn't even chasing another runner

In the tree tunnel, there was this motorbiker sitting on a bench off of the path. Weird. Don't like that kind of thing at 6AM. Especially not when I'm running by my lonely self. With Spooky ofcourse.

Trey: are those massages helpful?

Guess noone else was running yesterday?

Dutchie

I did! 5 on the treadmill yesterday, lots of chatting with neighbors as everybody is escaping the weather at the YMCA.

Finally got in last week's long run (8) this morning. I've already ranted about the rain in another thread...

Trying for 30 miles this week, gotta start working up to 40.

Happy Tuesday, A

Recalculating...

...---...

Trey: are those massages helpful?

I believe they are. I definitely seem to recover from long runs faster, recover from sorness faster, and it helps stretch areas that are difficult to stretch using more traditional methods.

Aside from that, the massgae therapist has been able to help me identify areas that are tighter or becoming knotty. She's also found tender areas that I wouldn't have normally discovered. With that knowledge, I've been able to stay on top of emerging problem areas with additional stretching, focused exercises, or icing as appropriate. 

It hasn't been cheap, but I like running more than money. Besides, it's a damn fine way to relax.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mini-double today.  Only had time for an easy 3.15 this morning.  Snuck in another easy 3.4 indoors on the 1/12-mile community center walking track (a boring, but effective way to beat the heat).  Adds up to a decent day.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

...---...

Snuck in another easy 3.4 indoors on the 1/12-mile community center walking track  

Dizzying too, I would imagine. What's that...about 41 laps? Do you ever break up a run like that by going in the other direction?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

5.5 miles - easy. Not as humid, thankfully.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Took the day off on Monday.  Got up this morning and put in an easy 3.  Slightly cooler (74) and it made a noticeable difference.  5 tomorrow afternoon when the temp should be around 90.  We'll see how that goes.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dutchie42

Nothing to report for me. Been to Brussels and back. Was on a train by 5h15AM (nearly missed it) and still managed to be 40 minutes late for a 9h30 meeting in Brussels LOL. Wasn't my fault. The train was delayed in Belgium and then there were no taxi's at the train station.

I hope my boss feels really guilty for not letting me stay overnight in Brussels so I could be in time for the meeting (and I could get a run in).

At least his boss thanked me twice for my troubles of traveling down there. And the CFO of our holding company went and arranged for cookies and chocolates when I said I was hungry. Some people ARE nice to me and appreciate me. Unfortunately, they're not the ones signing my pay check.

Dutchie

Participated in a local 4 mile trail race yesterday.  Just a small affair but it was very well run.  It was only $15 and you got a t-shirt and refreshments.  Plus there were about 20 (small) door prizes.  The coolest thing was that they had about 24 trophies for about 120 runners.  The trophy was a hand painted rock with a picture of "Trailzilla" and your finish place on it.  A small little fun run that will end up being one of my favorite pieces of hardware.  I'll try to post a picture soon.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Easy 4 in the morning, and 3 more at lunch.  On track for a good week.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

...---...

Two-a-days are tough. Way to go Jeff.

8 miles this evening. Medium pace. Felt good. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Tuesday: Got a nice 12.6 with 10k at 10k race pace in NYC. Central Park is such a great place to run. But the 10k drill was disappointing, I'm slower than I expected at this point but then I'm not far into the "speed" portion of the plan so there's hope. Plus, Central Park loop does have some hills. Excuses! Peachtree will be very similar to this--I hope to get an easy 4 miles then run the race.

Wednesday: Easy 4.6 in Phoenix, I figured I'd get out the door at 8:30 and it would not be too hot. Wrong. It was 97°F already (36°F) on the way to a 108° high. But it's a dry heat! Heh. Seriously, it really wrung me out and I was wasted afterward. I guess I'm not ready for Badwater yet! But did get a little desert trail loop, which was a blast. I really enjoy trail running.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

An OK 8.8K run. I think I'm tired. My head was sleepy. Too many nights with only 6 hours of sleep. Guess I need to turn in early tonight. Or have a nap when I come home from work.

Bit chilly out. Saw a deer. Well, Spooky saw it before I did and she pulled violently at the leash. Deer crossed the bike path about a 100 meters away from us. I stopped to watch it and control Spooky till it was out of sight.

Dutchie