2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 28 June- 4 July (Read 500 times)

Dutchie42

Goood morning everyone,

New week, let's make it a good one people

Monday is a X-training day: slow and heavy strength training. Chest, back and shoulders. Added on abs (with light weights). Felt real good . Despite the gorgeous morning, no time for a short recovery run.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Crabby: I'm on your tail. You better start running

Dutchie

4.8 slow, wet miles this morning, ugh

Yesterday - rainy - so I went to the gym and biked for 20 minutes, elliptical 20 minutes, weight training 20 minutes, and 5 minutes of jumping rope.

Saturday - easy 6 miles.

Off to a work meeting tonight/ tomorrow - the I will be free for vacation starting Thursday!

Happy Monday, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Crabby: I'm on your tail. You better start running

Thanks for reminding me...I have been in a sore knee state for a bit but should get out today for something.

I ran a 5 K at midnight on Saturday with my non-running husband.  It was a PR for slowest 5K but after a full meal, wine, beer and dessert what can you expect??  My daughter won a $400 prize (Flight seeing in Alaska) for her costume which was call Alaska GaGa girls.  She actually work a crab-pot.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

A good day. The doc cleared me to take off the hated boot and start running again--gradually building up over 3 weeks to "normal" mileage--whatever that means. I'm thinking I might be able to do the Devil Mountain HM on the 17th. It's not the 50k I was hoping for but would be a nice run I think (Pagosa Springs, Co).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Quickie post: did a 5.7K easy run this morning and added a 45 min LB endurance w/o with a bit of plyo thrown in.

Perfesser: it must be such a relief that you can run again. It took me a full month to get that level of fitness back after 5 weeks of no running. And I still can't run the long runs I did before the surgery.

Ayola: are you going somewhere for your vacation?

Crabby: congrats that your daughter won a prize. Is she allowed to bring someone with her?

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Last night was 8.7... Ran it briskly... not really fast... but faster than a typical easy run...

Showed up this morning to run with a group... what are they doing? 100s, 200s, and 400s on the track...

So I tentatively join in, being really cautious... I did the 100s slowish... the 200s were on only 30 seconds rest and the 400s were on 60 seconds rest... My hamstring let me do ok on the 200s and push just about where I would want to be on the 400s... I ended up with a pretty good workout... I was very cautious with my hammy, and backed off whenever things felt tight... which wasn't very often...

Very encouraged... even tempted to run a 2 mile race Saturday... we'll see how that goes...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

2.5 miles/4000 meters on the TM, felt OK. Also 35 minutes elliptical. It felt good to get a decent run done with no problems.

Dutchie, I was pretty disciplined with the elliptical, I'm hoping that will make my recovery quicker.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Just a dude.

Ran intervals (10x100, 8x200, 6x400) this morning early with a local running club... Expected to pretty much not participate, but actually felt pretty good and got a decent workout in...  I was limited by my hamstring on the shorter stuff, but the longer stuff I was working pretty hard.

Followed it up with almost 5 this evening...

Hamstring is feeling good... My butt was kinda tight tonite tho... will have to monitor that...

Glad to see you up and going again Perfessor...

Gratz to your daughter Crabby... sounds like it was fun overall...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm scarce around here, sorry for that.  Looks like I'm reaching the halfway point of the year just behind the bunny.  Not too bad, although I'd hoped to be a bit farther down the bunny trail.  Should pick it up even more in the second half with my marathon training.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dutchie42

Yapper: nice to see you again What marathon will you be training for? If your near the midpoint, than your doing way better than me. Congrats.

Kelly: careful doing hard workouts!

Perfesser: probably fitness wise the elliptical will have helped maintaining fitness. Not so sure about the impact though. But good luck. Maybe you're one of those runners that can just jump in and run a lot of mileage without any problems (I have a colleague who's like that).

Crabby: you've been running yet?

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Dutchie...running if you want to call it that.  I ran 8 x 400 this afternoon and some slow stuff in between for 5 miles.  Feet are still hurting. But I felt a ton better afterwards.  My consistency is in the toilet!  But I need to keep you in sight Dutchie so thanks for checking with me.
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          Dutchie42

8.8 slow kilometers this morning. Not a great run. Calfs were so not cooperating today. Again. Anyways, did manage to finish it.

Went out too late too. I just don't do well at any temp over 15C.

Crabby: I'll just keep chasing you ) And we're both closing in on Perfesser

Dutchie

Short 3 this morning - I'm off to the coast of Maine for vacation literally in a few minutes - first a stop in the town where we used to live to see everyone and then on to a small beach cabin for a week with some close friends.

I'm planning on a few one hour runs and some hiking in Reid State Park. Also planning on filling up on lobster and oysters and cava.

Have a great holiday (Canadians and Americans) Dutchie - get back to work!

I'll check in midweek  July 12th, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Crabby: I'll just keep chasing you ) And we're both closing in on Perfesser

Yeah, it's been a tough 6 weeks but hopefully I'll get going again now. Drat, I'm more than 80 miles behind the bunny.

Had a nice 3-miler with Monkey Trent in Nashville today. He's injured too so it was a nice easy pace, and the weather was cool for a change.

This was my first "outside" running in many weeks and it really felt good to get off the treadmill and actually GO somewhere. A little twinge in the foot but it feels like a little tendinitis from my spastic toes and not the injury. Still taking it easy, though. 

Drat, I was hoping to do Peachtree but couldn't get the 4th off. It's the first time in 6 years I've missed it